Finding Servers With Custom Game-Types

Get some cool tips about how to tweak your UT graphic, gameplay, and much more!
sektor2111
Godlike

Finding Servers With Custom Game-Types

Post by sektor2111 »

The question is: Can I see Servers based on a desired CUSTOM game-type without installing all kind of tools ? I want to see Servers based on certain game-types not all of them.
The answer is: YES, without to install player-tools you might have several TABs with custom Games.

Q: And what do I need for that?
A: A kind of Notepad. For sure you need to know how to edit 2 text-type files.

Let's see these targets:
We can make backup of UBrowser.INT and UnrealTournament.ini files first before to edit them. Of course, by editing these 2 files we can unlock UT for showing us custom game-types in separate TABS
UBrowser.INT
New Content:

• [Public]

[ServerListTitles]
    UBrowserUT=UT Servers
    UBrowserLAN=LAN Servers
    UBrowserPopulated=Populated Servers
    UBrowserDeathmatch=DeathMatch
    UBrowserTeamGames=Team Death Match
    UBrowserCTF=Capture The Flag
    UBrowserDOM=Domination
    UBrowserAS=Assault
    UBrowserLMS=Last Man Standing
    ;New Content goes bellow
    UBrowserMH=Monster Hunt
    UBrowserMHA=Monster Hunt Arena
    UBrowserCOOP=Coop Game2
    UBrowserTMH=Team Monster Hunt
    UBrowserSiege=Siege GI
    UBrowserSiegeFree=FreeSiege GI
    UBrowserBurgerCTF=Burger CTF
    ;End of content added
    UBrowserAll=All Servers

And then UnrealTournament.ini
New Content:

• [UBrowser.UBrowserMainClientWindow]
    LANTabName=UBrowserLAN
    ServerListNames[0]=UBrowserUT
    ServerListNames[1]=UBrowserLAN
    ServerListNames[2]=UBrowserPopulated
    ServerListNames[3]=UBrowserDeathmatch
    ServerListNames[4]=UBrowserTeamGames
    ServerListNames[5]=UBrowserCTF
    ServerListNames[6]=UBrowserDOM
    ServerListNames[7]=UBrowserAS
    ServerListNames[8]=UBrowserLMS
    ;Added bellow
    ServerListNames[9]=UbrowserMH
    ServerListNames[10]=UBrowserMHA
    ServerListNames[11]=UBrowserCOOP
    ServerListNames[12]=UbrowserTMH
    ServerListNames[13]=UBrowserSiege
    ServerListNames[14]=UBrowserSiegeFree
    ServerListNames[15]=UBrowserBurgerCTF
    ;End of adds
    ServerListNames[16]=UBrowserAll
    ServerListNames[17]=None
    ServerListNames[18]=None
    ServerListNames[19]=None
    ServerListNames[20]=None
    bKeepMasterServer=True

[UBrowserPopulated]
    ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserAll,MinPlayers=1,bCompatibleServersOnly=True

[UBrowserDeathmatch]
    ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserAll,GameType=DeathMatchPlus,bCompatibleServersOnly=True

[UBrowserTeamGames]
    ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserAll,GameType=TeamGamePlus,bCompatibleServersOnly=True

[UBrowserCTF]
    ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserAll,GameType=CTFGame,bCompatibleServersOnly=True

[UBrowserDOM]
    ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserAll,GameType=Domination,bCompatibleServersOnly=True

[UBrowserAS]
    ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserAll,GameType=Assault,bCompatibleServersOnly=True

[UBrowserLMS]
    ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserAll,GameType=LastManStanding,bCompatibleServersOnly=True
    ;Content added goes bellow
    [UBrowserMH]
    ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserAll,GameType=MonsterHunt,bCompatibleServersOnly=True

[UBrowserMHA]
    ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserAll,GameType=MonsterHuntArena,bCompatibleServersOnly=True

[UBrowserCOOP]
    ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserAll,GameType=coopgame2,bCompatibleServersOnly=True

[UBrowserTMH]
    ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserAll,GameType=TeamMH,bCompatibleServersOnly=True

[UBrowserSiege]
    ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserAll,GameType=SiegeGI,bCompatibleServersOnly=True

[UBrowserSiegeFree]
    ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserAll,GameType=FreeSiegeGI,bCompatibleServersOnly=True

[UBrowserBurgerCTF]
    ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserAll,GameType=BurgerCTFGame,bCompatibleServersOnly=True

;End of content added
    [UBrowserAll]
    ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserGSpyFact,MasterServerAddress=gsm.qtracker.com,MasterServerTCPPort=28900,Region=0,GameName=ut
    ListFactories[1]=UBrowser.UBrowserGSpyFact,MasterServerAddress=unreal.epicgames.com,MasterServerTCPPort=28900,Region=0,GameName=ut
    ListFactories[2]=UBrowser.UBrowserGSpyFact,MasterServerAddress=master.333networks.com,MasterServerTCPPort=28900,Region=0,GameName=ut
    bFallbackFactories=False

If all has been done correctly then we have new TAB(/s) native created:
[attachment=0]New_TABS.png[/attachment]

That's all...
When UT has finished loading list, will sort them based on these types.

Hint: If target server with a custom stuff blocks you with some firewall because you have been a "cool dude" then you cannot see it, it will be invisible as defaults.

Edit: Added BurgerCTFGame at request.
Attachments
New_TABS.png
New_TABS.png (10 KiB) Viewed 14454 times
Last edited by sektor2111 on Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:47 pm, edited 4 times in total.
sektor2111
Godlike

Re: Finding Servers With Custom Game-Types

Post by sektor2111 »

Any New target game-type ?
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

What about FoodFight's BurgerCTF ? :ironic:
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Yes, gotta know package.gameclass and it will be delivered by UT itself.
A special preference for game TAB name ?

Edit: Target found "FoodFight.BurgerCTFGame" will return with data...

Edit2: Result
[attachment=1]BurgerCTF.png[/attachment]
Comparing with some Siege servers, one of them having 20/23 players
[attachment=0]Siege_related.png[/attachment]
I'm guessing said game is FoodFight.BurgerCTFGame, fix me if I'm wrong.

Edit3: Check first post for up-to-date information. Information can be copied directly or studied by resizing Explorer's TAB, For Mozilla can be used <CTRL> + <NUM+> and <CTRL> + <Num->.

Next game-type ?
Attachments
Siege_related.png
BurgerCTF.png
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

Siege have 2, the default and freebuild edition.. and maybe some other.

I notice the TAG game have it's own gametype I think?
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
Fuzz_Ball
Experienced
Personal rank: Harmless

Post by Fuzz_Ball »

Brilliant, sektor!
Your instructions for a new tab now shows the list of MH servers now but am curious about the old MH installation and its tab.
I named the new tab "Monster-Hunt-Stuff" to illustrate my question.
The old MH tab continues to give the error Master Server Failed bla bla master0.gamespy.com.
There is no place in my UT.ini that I can find a reference to gamespy. Is this embedded in the old MH code?
I'm fine with ignoring the old MH tab but my concern is explaining this to some of my less savvy players & helping them thru this adjustment.
Thanks for your great work, as always! :rock:
MH-Capture.JPG
* * * Image * * *
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

Sure it's not in user.ini? Or in another ini that might have that reference?
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Factor number 1) is (to be short) MonsterHunt.u file is useless for player - read again - I removed any MonsterHunt.u from system folder which belongs to my ON-Line client - no crap loaded.
MONSTERHUNT v5.03 (so to speak that garbage encrypted against coding) contains a native GameSpy support very useful in the past. Now days it is USELESS - GameSpy is gone, Sayonara, bye bye, rest in peace, and so on - completing stage, Kenneth Watson aka Shrimp seems in a deep sleep :? update to mod based on GameSpy outage seems to not show up too soon.

BUT if player want to not be bugged anymore by old TAB, he/she can proceed at slaping trash down - TARGET to be destroyed MonsterHunt.INT - section with browsing (and credits optional). Watch this:

Code: Select all

[Public]
;Object=(Name=MonsterHunt.ChainsawArena,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.Mutator,Description="Chainsaw Arena,Replaces all weapons with the Chainsaw!")
;Object=(Name=MonsterHunt.MonsterArenaDefaultMaps,Class=Class,MetaClass=MonsterHunt.MonsterArenaMapList,Description="Default Maps")
;Object=(Name=MonsterHunt.MonsterDefaultMaps,Class=Class,MetaClass=MonsterHunt.MonsterMapList,Description="Default Maps")
;Object=(Name=MonsterHunt.MonsterBrowserWindow,Class=Class,MetaClass=UTBrowser.UTBrowserServerListWindow)
;Object=(Name=MonsterHunt.MonsterArenaBrowserWindow,Class=Class,MetaClass=UTBrowser.UTBrowserServerListWindow)
Object=(Name=MonsterHunt.MonsterHunt,Class=Class,MetaClass=Botpack.TournamentGameInfo)
Preferences=(Caption="Monster Hunt",Parent="Game Types",Class=MonsterHunt.MonsterHunt,Immediate=True)
Object=(Name=MonsterHunt.MonsterHuntArena,Class=Class,MetaClass=Botpack.TournamentGameInfo)
Preferences=(Caption="Monster Arena",Parent="Game Types",Class=MonsterHunt.MonsterHuntArena,Immediate=True)
Object=(Name=MonsterHunt.MonsterMenuItem,Class=Class,MetaClass=UMenu.UMenuModMenuItem,Description="&Monster Hunt Credits,The people behind Monster Hunt.")
This is my MonsterHunt.INT file.
Classes exist in V5.04 for a simple reason: some mapper might use NON-mapping stuff in Level and removing a class might crash game. I have simply removed lines for OLD Browsing TAB so it isn't bugging me anymore.

SOLUTION 2) A Retarded ONE - New Tab and keeping old original useless browsing nothing and simply renaming new MH TAB into an other formula. I don't see a reason to have MonsterHunt original tab empty and useless.
But if your clients wants null browsers, null menus and other "Nones" I can help them to ruin their client, that's not a big deal.

Edit: I'm using MonsterHunt.INT and U(v5.04) only in modding/testing version for checking stuff, never in "official" player version.
esnesi
Godlike
Personal rank: Dialed in.

Post by esnesi »

sorry for the little bump you guys.

Thanks for making a forumpost about this!
This is so convening :)

I've been trying to filter on Instagib (DM) servers.
Only i've don't know the right command for this mutator.

I've tried a few things like;
added a extra deathmatch section:
[UBrowserDeathmatch]
ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserAll,GameType=DeathMatchPlus,bCompatibleServersOnly=True,Mutator=InstagibDM

And all the alterations on the word 'instagib' lol.

I hope i can find some help here!

Thanks in advance!
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Because I don't understand and I really don't want to understand why people want the hard way all the time and the road to failure, I have some proposals.

CHECK and LEARN differences between a GAME-TYPE and a MUTATOR. You can ask an advanced coder for coding some browsing thing to gain only servers running Insta-Everything Mutator based - if server uses INT files inside System.

I have a basic proposal like a CONVENTION

Given that BotPack.DeathMatchPlus game-type used as support, we can code a tiny sub-class of this game called "I_DeathMatch" or such name. Using this game-type we can do servers with insta mutators so even a separate TAB for such servers. The problem is if editing a few files won't disturb people as long as laziness in the KING. They did not even try XC stuff because "is too much to edit", but they edit sh!t ID's to look "cool" without the option to be called in a team-game.

Another proposal is for admins owning such servers to put in front of name "Insta" word or such. Player can jump at letter "I" after wrapping list letter based and they can see all of them closer to each-other. Once loved enough, that server can be set at favourites and DONE, problem solved.

This thread is more like a tutorial for hunting custom game-types (not mutators) without to load/install them - simply preventing any potential MISMATCH error caused by a mod install, see MonsterHunt cases, v500, V503, V504, and then rest or them in case of a sudden appearance (which I might expect some day...).
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Can Jailbreak and CTF4 be added to this list please? (I know, very late, had a brain-fart)...

Also gonna make this thread sticky, as it's really helpfull to both change the master servers and find servers with custom gametypes :)
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

You can find Jailbreak in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6507&start=0&hilit=server+tabs