Gustavo6046 Unnoficial Bonus Pack

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Re: Gustavo6046 Unnoficial Bonus Pack

Post by UnrealGGecko »

BSP errors can be fixed in a number of ways. If you happen to get one, try rebuilding geometry and then lighting (instead of rebuild all), move some brushes around a little and change some of their solidity (like, an unreachable decoration could be changed from solid to non-solid etc.).
Also when building your rooms and corridors, make sure you have them set on grid (using sizes like 16, 32).
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Post by Gustavo6046 »

UnrealGecko wrote:BSP errors can be fixed in a number of ways. If you happen to get one, try rebuilding geometry and then lighting (instead of rebuild all), move some brushes around a little and change some of their solidity (like, an unreachable decoration could be changed from solid to non-solid etc.).
Also when building your rooms and corridors, make sure you have them set on grid (using sizes like 16, 32).
(CTF-NearCave) Most of what I have in my map has to be solid as to be touched by players. Only the lift's pillar and one of the two spiral stairs are semisolid. And maybe soon the flag bases rails.
Last edited by Gustavo6046 on Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Post by Gustavo6046 »

I just released 1.0, the Update that introduces ZERO copytight conflicts and stuff. :)
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Consult a doctor for additional help...

DM-Scar has 0 playability.
DM-Station seems not yours and has paths retarded.
I won't check forward because I've seen enough. :?
FXANBSS
Skilled

Post by FXANBSS »

Great work! I like that style of simplicity, doesn't matter the details, just kill!
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

What exactly is so wonderful ? This one ?
[attachment=0]DM_Scar.png[/attachment]
:thuup: :ironic: Indeed is perfect, nobody can do this better.
Attachments
DM_Scar.png
FXANBSS
Skilled

Post by FXANBSS »

It seems that you don't like this kind of stuff, leave this topic.
Do you want these maps with BPak.u?
Sure the Bigface will eat you. :p

EDIT: Ok, seriously, use another renderer, it works perfect to me.
Use DX10.
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Adept

Post by SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} »

Its clear that that map secktor2111 is talking about has problems which don't have anything to do with renderers. It is clearly a BSP issue. Talk to Wormbo or just search his latest posts ffs.

P.S. Look at this http://www.hourences.com/tutorials-ue1ue2-bsp/
Last edited by SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} on Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

@FXANBSS
How many people can run that just by curiosity ? 2 or 3 or you failed title notified - DM-Scar?
Then DM-SpacePark. Can I ask what happened with paths there. All setup there is crap.

I'm not sure if you or me are blind but I did not see anyone serious saying here GREAT JOB. The mostly Jack asked if this dude is not Kaal. You seems to don't know what is this stuff. Yeah, I understand you play at 8 fps and that's why it works for you ?
Light me, please.
All right then, keep going and ignore me because I'm gonna delete that archive is only a waste of time - End of check, thank you. There are hundreds of links to check better thousand times than this so called BonusPack, I just have figured what interesting tastes you have so I think all my discussions with you are ending here.
FXANBSS wrote: Do you want these maps with BPak.u?
Sure the Bigface will eat you. :p
Really ? I think they won't even touch me, wanna see ? You are not the guy to speak about BPak because you don't know that stuff better than me, btw, so again it's pointless to have a debate.
Last edited by sektor2111 on Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:51 am, edited 5 times in total.
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Adept

This bonuspack is a complete utter waste of space. Way to many errors and issues with this work. Why god why does this happen?

Ut99.org is here to help others not to host or support dumb files/mods that break shit. :loool:
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} wrote:files/mods that break shit. :loool:
Does it screw up your system?
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Adept

papercoffee wrote:
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} wrote:files/mods that break shit. :loool:
Does it screw up your system?
It will screw system of UT and my sanity of course mostly. I'll never install this crap ever because its not epic officially approved and the fact I never seen much approved by the said author.

Seriously I don't post my own projects for the simple fact I'm not sure my own mods would not screw someone else's installs.
I do however plan to release a mod I have been working on for quite some time but knowing Higor has had his hands in it is a comfort ffs.
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

@ SC]-[WARTZ: While I agree with you about this pack, I think you are doing a disservice to the community by not posting your work. I've seen some of your stuff and it's damn good so don't sell yourself short. You have good ideas honed from years and years of competitive play. You know balance probably better than anyone.

Did we ever decide if Gus was KAAL? I'm just curious.
Last edited by JackGriffin on Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Another thing to mention for this sort of "BonusPack" is that texture GusPack identifies with the same name of U file and both of them are not stock (if I well recall because I've deleted it). I was wondering how works redirection for several game-servers if we are addressing such environment, because I'm not really curious if works since this it's a bad start by default. Posting such things public will decrease forum reputation related to quality stuff and people won't be very interested except a a few ones causing troubles for themselves going downhill and quitting later for "reasons".
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

I posted unclearly Nels. I meant that directed at Heston. It was certainly not meant towards Gus, lol. Sorry for the confusion, I edited my post.
So long, and thanks for all the fish