What's up with BPak?

Discussions about UT99
Zeppy
Novice

What's up with BPak?

Post by Zeppy »

I swear there's million versions of BPak.u in MH maps, I'm always getting a file mismatch and having to delete the one that I got and download the one from the server. It's best not to add this file from cachecleaner
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Adept

Re: What's up with BPak?

Post by SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} »

I actually give up on that issue or any mismatches from this point forward. Matter of fact I'll make it a point not to host maps with known mismatch files. I'm done with idiot mappers. If you happen to find any of these mismatches from my servers I'll just remove the map, done deal. I just don't have the time in my life to waste on such matters anymore.
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

Get rid of maps that use BPak...
Implement all dumb weapon mods into a master package.

I've been doing that for a while for personal use.
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Adept

Post by SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} »

Sounds good to me Higor. :tu:
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

I've never had a problem with the BPak, probably just got lucky there. Not 1 single file conflict ever... and say what you will about it, what it did to the snot-gun is amazing.

If a tad weird.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
FXANBSS
Skilled

Post by FXANBSS »

Oh, this happened to me, then replaced my BPak million times, using my cache install, extracting these because yes.
My fault, cache install is the worst thing, you maybe can get a older version!!
Guys, i want the last version please! I would have removed the BPak from system when playing that server and then put it again in system instead of using the BPak that i got from the cache...

Next time... FXAN, JUST DO IT!
Also i need to organize my Unreal Tournament because there are Over 9000 files (Seriously.), a lot of them from the cache, hopefully, i got a error in my cache install, i almost lost all the files of the servers while playing in my childhood, oh wait. NOOOOOOOOO :(
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Also some of the monsters in BPak are a real challenge. Not often you see a pupae that's the same size as a player that can outrun you and kill you in 1 lunge.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
FXANBSS
Skilled

Post by FXANBSS »

Yeah, i know all his monsters, but i remember better the bigass pupae (known as BigFace), the Kamikaze Warlord (known as MiniLord) and the OMG (A titan), holy f*ck it hurts!

BPak is CRAAAZYYYYYYY
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

BPak first release was a trash - read again BBBoy where ever you are. When monster dead doesn't call all kill chain of events is bad + codes written just to look nice with crap stuff. More admins were fixing disturbing things as long as they wanted stability.
No worry you'll see others much worst which people will fix them sooner or later. You think that OLweapons is perfect ? Hehe, dream on...

If needs I'll repeat this 10000 Times in each topic with chapter packages for blind or ignorant people .
DO NOT UNCACHE FILES, nobody wants first version of that sh!t package :barf: .
If you ARE NOT an advanced in modding, mapping, uncaching stuff is POINTLESS. Mark all UXX files from cache as Read-Only and then you can keep them as much as you want + do backup regularly (I don't think HDD space is a problem or finding an USB stick)
AND DON'T TRAVEL "ON-FLY" between servers take a break and hit single player menu attempting to play a map local but don't play, then just contact next server - memory content is unloaded.

There are cute Levels calling certain stuff from BPak, removing them is not a response, we have other trash types which are just an useless load which none player is voting.

No worry I'm one of those who is fixing trash happily released by others more ignorant and which are left for years, even if I'm not interested in many releases + my stuff is not very renamed - I don't need to keep evidence of 1024 versions + is not a stock. See other cases including MH which was released until 503 in many forms so 504 won't be a pain as long as GameSpy is gone and MH TAB useless - I have all latest MonsterHunt.U files as read-only in cache + other big files for which I don't wanna wait hours of download because of bad redirects or no redirects.
FXANBSS
Skilled

Post by FXANBSS »

I remember i installed Monster Hunt 2 and unistalled it, and when i look at the monster hunt servers there is nothing.
Maybe i need to try that server fix, maybe i need to do something more to fix.
RocketJedi
Inhuman
Personal rank: I.T Master

Post by RocketJedi »

Bpak has been a nightmare. I think we got it all sorted out though a few months ago :D
https://www.vulpinemission.com
Image ROCKET-X8 Server
Image MONSTERHUNT w/ NALI WEAPONS 3 + RX8
Image BUNNYTRACK NY
Image SNIPER DEATHMATCH
Image InstaGib + ComboGib + Jailbreak
Image ROSEBUM ROCKET-X RB
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Okay. And now the white side of the Force.
Whe I got mad at rammed MH stuff which I was adjusting + Bot Support, it was a need for testing. Well, I'm not the dude testing on a "slomo" which is fooling physics and making you to think that Level is good. I'm simply spawning a crap from BPak (which for me keeps a clean console as much as possible) letting MBot to test map for me due to their speed of execution and I'm relaxing watching them. Overpowered stuff makes them able to discover boosting traps, fast checks, ect.

I don't really want to mention how much I love a challenge with BomberTentacles. I'm trying to Combo their projectiles in a short time strafing away and letting them to enjoy their own damage :satan: .
I'm trying and doing the same thing with a monster called "a big SkaarjBerserker" from whatever map. Almost all the time I enjoy moron dying killed by itself. This is BPak. I apology for showing my fun toward it if people are sad, and I'm sorry for issues caused by un-caching useless applications.