Server seems to be working very nice.
Played 5 matches tonight on it.
Bot are very mean, but I won 3 out of the 5 matches, so can't complain much about that I guess.
Play is VERY fast on there. And there are so many monsters about, that quite often I did not even have
time to shoot, let alone switch weapons before I was killed. Which was a bit frustrating at times...
I would suggest either adding a few seconds of spawn protection, or reducing the quantity of monsters just a bit. (Not much...)
Other than that, the variety of monsters and EXU guns works real nice I think.
Part of the issue was that one package, 'Mier1snds.uax' couldn't be downloaded from the redirect, because the .uz file I had for that sound package was named differently (mier1snds.uax). What a frustrating problem... anyway, easy enough to fix.
Also set MaxDownloadSize to 0.
This bit is very interesting...
Almost 2 years ago when I moved my servers from Linux 440 back to a Windows box running mostly stock 436 UT, I made a number of various adjustments
to some of the ini files in a very sloppy fashion, just trying stuff out.
Shortly after that players were reporting various mismatches on files, that were on the redirect, and had been there for years. (Same remote redirect, just new actual server....)
Client error was either Refusal to Send or Mismatch.
Only way to fix it was to change the the case of the filename on the redirect. Then it would download. It pissed me off for months, and none of it made any sense.
Eventually after slowly undoing some of the sloppy config tweaks I had done while I was moving the servers over, I set MaxDownloadSize back down to 0.
All the bizarre and seemingly random issues with sudden mismatches on files due to case issues in the filenames stopped right away.
It still doesn't make any sense to me, but now that somebody else has reported the exact same issue, I thought I would mention it.
Tip to server admins: If you have a redirect, put EVERYTHING out there, and set MaxDownloadSize to 0.