Re: servers loading time

Post by pinda »

just go to other server thats what i do :S
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

Hook wrote:Feralidragon mentioned "Fake Players"...
Is that some sort of mod or setting or something?
It's a mod afaik, and some servers use it to get people in server (since it leads people to think there are people there).
But as you might imagine, although it can have that effect, it can also have the opposite effect, making players enter and see absolutelly no one there (nor players or even bots, absolutelly anything to shoot at of sort to speak), when the server sugested 10 players for example, and that annoys the hell out of a lot of people, making them leave that server (me included).

Some of these servers get reported to gametracker, and then when they were in the top10, they aren't anymore. But still there are a few servers with ranking but that "cheat" the players in the server. These should be reported sooner or later as well.

But that's not the case of KB servers, fortunatelly the killerbee servers don't fake any players, so if you see 8 players there, there are really 8 players, no bs there. :D
The only problem was the favorites thing. I emailed KB explaining why it should be taken or at least add only 1 server, and now he's investigating if he should really take it off or tweak it at least (like he stated in his post). So let's see...
Hook
Inhuman
Personal rank: UT99 Promoter/Admin

Post by Hook »

I looked into it a bit on my own.
There are some "Fake Player" mods that aren't mods also.
Some are separate Applications that actually log into your server. :shock: :roll:

A "popular"? server that I have heard that does this...
Dawns Deathmatch Palace unreal://8.9.8.142:7777 <-(I have been TOLD from others)
One that actually does use it...
***[B2K] CRAZY Custom Weapons -||- Low Gravity*** unreal://208.167.242.104:7777
=Hook=(Member# 626)
HUTP Active Forums: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net/forum
HUTP UT99 Community Portal: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net/
OR: https://hermskii.com/hook/ut99_hutp/
UT99 Server -> CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM}

* Newest Versions of: PRO-Redeemers | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemers | PRO-SEEKER-Redeemers <-(the Original)
and Now with FOOD FIGHT and Frying Pan arena !!!
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777 <-(NEW IP to come)
UT99 MH Server -> {CMH} CROSSBONES Monster Hunt (MH) by Mars007 (The Original) - IP: 108.61.238.93:7777
Hermskii
Average
Personal rank: Secret Administrator

Post by Hermskii »

Yes, I am another who just recently started wondering about this method of having a server added to my favorites and I think this is in very bad taste. I will stop playing the killerbee servers to avoid this and I hope the code for this download does not get shared or it will eventually force all servers to have passwords. Please remove it and destroy the code. Thanks! I think I make 4 out of 100 who hate it but I also suggest the other 96 hate it but are too lazy to mention it. Can I see some copies of messages where people say they like having their favorites hijacked? Peace!
killerbee
Novice

Post by killerbee »

As told on the MHM site, i will take-off the current method of adding.
and add only the current server u are playing on

I think this is for everyone better then.

peace

KB
Hermskii
Average
Personal rank: Secret Administrator

Post by Hermskii »

I had suggested to killerbee to maybe only add the server that was connected to to favorites though for me that is still too intrusive but it does not make me go crazy like when it added 9 servers.

Killerbee mentioned on my forum he will reduce it to only the server conencted to or that he's remove it all period. He mentioned too that he felt we were crucifying him and I want to stress that like GOPO and basically everybody else, I hold killerbee in the highest regard. He is an A+ server admin and has done tons to help UT stay popular and fun.

I myself am done discussing this topic and my hat is off to killerbee for taking the time to listen to his players and others on this and mine forum in regards to this issue. Thank you killerbee!
killerbee
Novice

Post by killerbee »

Hi again,

I have changed all servers now, guess everyone's happy now!

Hermskii, i realy apriciate this :rock:

oke peeps Lets PLAY ON! :D

KB
okeee
Novice

Post by okeee »

thanks killerbee, its great that you changed it again.

i want to mention some abuse by those idiots from unrealkillers. (unrealkillers.com). they actually dared to delete some of the favorites from your list, from a server they probably didnt like. so, you go to their servers and then some server from your list is automatically deleted. i checked it myself, i re added the server and then it was deleted again. it was even complained about by their own users on their forum. it was a while ago that they did this, not sure if they still do it but just to show how this can be abused.