Nali Weapons 3 - Preview 2 (includes Nuclear Explosion)

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
Sergeant Todd
Adept
Personal rank: Retired Jedi

Re: Nali Weapons 3 - Preview (Video and Screenshots)

Post by Sergeant Todd »

I loved NW2. This looks hotter. Need a beta tester, Ferali?

Todd
Sergeant Todd
---------------

"I miss Olmos & BG, as a matter of frak'd!"
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

@ Creavion: Why do you say that? :lol:

@ TheDane: I think my previous mod lacked BOTH those two :lol2: (well, excepting 1 weapon or 2), specially if we consider the standard gametypes. But perhaps since I didn't update this pack for over a year (since I have been working in something much much bigger and quite better), my way of seeing stuff changed somehow, and my way of doing things as well. This is perhaps the result of that together with a few things I developed at school...

About the name, you're not the first (and won't be the last lol) to say that. Once again (already told this on other places on NW2 release :lol2: ), I named it after the most peacefull race in the Universe, because that's what the whole thing is all about in the SP I am trying to develop using this pack and other mods in the making as base. Confused? Basically the story of these weapons is basically something like this: Nali is peacefull now, but they weren't like that before (at least half of them). Kinda the Human history of sort to speak: we had to have 2 World Wars to make some countries realise that perhaps making wars wasn't that fun (now we have huge peace movements and all). :)

Plus, although it wasn't anyhow my plan nor my prediction to happen, "Nali Weapons" is now a name most people at UT knows (which doesn't mean most like it, because I know a good amount who really doesn't, but I did see its name on forums even just "game" related, even a fanfic based on it :shock: ), so if I didn't name this "Nali Weapons 3" having the same kind of weaponry it had before, people would think this was a brand new pack and at release, the adoption of it on the servers might not be as fast, plus if the servers updated with a new name, the old regular players would think "where the hell did the nali weapons server go?" (which already happenned). So changing the name would be a very bad idea, although I perfectly understand your point :wink:

Well, I had some problems on balancing the Flame Tracker, but I think they can be played on any gametype now (well, except siege in case of the MultiMissile Launcher, or AS-OceanFloor due to the BoltRifle), but I guess that's just a matter of "how to look at it". Some people might find it playable or not by then. Plus, it has some tweaks to improve balance if needed (not shown in the video, but implemented and working, like an "overheating" limit for the FlameTracker when shooting those flames).
And btw, I never flame "opinions" (good or bad ones), I just can't stand when people try to say something with a another "meaning" behind.
Keep giving any opinions (or even criticism) as you find necessary. :wink:

@ gopostal: Fast? It took me around 2/3 years to get where I am now... But either ways, I am going to say what I am tired to say mostly on real life: I am NOT a prodigy, I actually think anyone can do what I do or even better with a bit of work, that's all. But thanks either ways :D

@ papercoffee: I will ask for a review indeed, when I get them released. After all, your review helped me a LOT in making the next pack much better (both in visuals and gameplay). :mrgreen:

@ Sergeant Todd: I will need beta-testers for this one, yes, but again, only when I get everything done so people can beta-test it properlly without lack of weapons or other unworked features that can affect gameplay. :tu:

@ All the others: Thanks :mrgreen:
TheDane
Masterful
Personal rank: Happy fool :-)

Post by TheDane »

Feralidragon wrote: I will need beta-testers for this one, yes, but again, only when I get everything done so people can beta-test it properlly without lack of weapons or other unworked features that can affect gameplay. :tu:
gopostal and I can help you with a server if you'd like? you can have full access to it ofcause to grab logs etc. :tu:

Btw, how did you get to where you are now with animations? Can you give me some links to tutorials or is it because of your schooling? The Universal Soldiers project gopostal and I are working on can surely use some cool animations like yours. I fear for the filsize though but man it looks good 8)
Retired.
Meindratheal
Average

Post by Meindratheal »

Nali Weapons III? Oh lawd. The killing. The terror. The pain. The screaming.

The AWESOMENESS!!!

Looking forward to it!
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

TheDane wrote:
gopostal and I can help you with a server if you'd like? you can have full access to it ofcause to grab logs etc. :tu:

Btw, how did you get to where you are now with animations? Can you give me some links to tutorials or is it because of your schooling? The Universal Soldiers project gopostal and I are working on can surely use some cool animations like yours. I fear for the filsize though but man it looks good 8)
Thanks. gopostal already granted me one server slot for testing and so :tu:
About the animations, which ones do you mean? The texturing animations or modelling animations (I guess the modelling?)?
Either ways, I am where I am with both kinds of animation, not due tutorials nor school (school actually just helped me a bit to get ideas to get some effects on textures, and with "programming correctly" [had a few mistakes on programming itself, which I corrected thanks to school, but nothing regarding "textures" or "modelling"), so basically I just learned by myself by practicing and by thinking "what I can do with what the engine already offers".
Plus, I somewhat learned from my mistakes on the last pack, and I saw in some forums the pack lacked "animation", I just hope I didn't overload the new pack with them lol

But I can always write down a little tutorial if you want (perhaps it would be better that way anyway since there would be already a direct "for UT" aproach), your call there. :)

In case of textures, generally animations take a lot, in case of models, it doesn't take that much and yes, totally gives another looking to any mod (for better, and it doesn't look as static in some cases).
Rakiayn
Masterful

Post by Rakiayn »

that awesome!
I really liked the chunks of wall and the flamethrower :tu:
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

Rakiayn wrote:that awesome!
I really liked the chunks of wall and the flamethrower :tu:
Thanks. :tu:
I must say that the flamethrower was so far the weapon that took most time of all the weapons already done (and now it seems to be the most apreciated one lol).
>@tack!<
Adept
Personal rank: lol?

Post by >@tack!< »

i dont know if other weapons require you to stand still too than the war ready enforcer ( currently on a low internet place so i already post while dling the rest of the youtubevid ) but it would be catchy too if the crosshair would become bigger when youre moving ( low accuracy ) and shrink again when youre still, i dont think thats hard to code is it?

Edit: keep the name its cool to have a '3' behind the name ^^
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

>@tack!< wrote:i dont know if other weapons require you to stand still too than the war ready enforcer ( currently on a low internet place so i already post while dling the rest of the youtubevid ) but it would be catchy too if the crosshair would become bigger when youre moving ( low accuracy ) and shrink again when youre still, i dont think thats hard to code is it?
Yes, the WRE should be the only one like this (although I am planning to do the same with the vulcan and irpr, but will think better about it), And yes, it's indeed a good idea (I remember GenMoKai telling me something like that regarding the vulcan before I released NW2), and it's not hard to code at all. Thanks for your tip :tu:

EDIT: Only today I had the chance to start a new weapon (been fixing the core and enhancing its performance and AI support more during the week, and playing a bit UT as well in the process rofl). Working now on the new Graviton. Here's what I have so far (only 3d view, not skins or any of the fancy effects the other weapons have to look much better, did it in a few hours):

Those "paddles" will be animated accordingly.
Creavion
Godlike
Personal rank: About to be non-act.

Post by Creavion »

Looks a little bit like the UT3 Link Gun :tongue:
Anway, the model loos really good.
About to be non-active
My very last UT map project: CTF-FacePalm (tropical CTF-Face remake)
Why do I leave? click here
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Thanks to those who visibly supported me until/at the end!
My reactivated account on indiedb.com.
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

Creavion wrote:Looks a little bit like the UT3 Link Gun :tongue:
Anway, the model loos really good.
I actually heard that about 5 times today, and it isn't going to end :?

Now looking at it, yes it looks a bit like the UT3 linkgun, although that wasn't my point... well, at the least the skins and effects should wash away the UT3 linkgun image of the weapon.
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

Here's the new Graviton from in-game already (skinned, with the effects and such):

Next update to this topic will be made only when the rest of the Graviton, new Freezer and new Vulcan get 100% done.
Meindratheal
Average

Post by Meindratheal »

That looks really awesome, loooking forward to the finished pack! :tu: :gj:
Slave
Experienced

Post by Slave »

Great work Ferali. :D The new Gravitron reminds me the Needler from Halo. :P
Aces Clan - Unreal Tournament Clan Forums
http://www.portalaces.com/clan/
GenMoKai
Godlike
Personal rank: Mapper

Post by GenMoKai »

All the weapons look more deadlier then ever :o
EAT THOSE FRIGGIN BANANAS !!!!!
1000 MPH Studios MAY NOT play any ut99.org community mappack 2 map without George W. Bush explicit permission