UT99 and Unreal HD Skins V3 [UT] [227]

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
LightningHunter
Novice

UT99 and Unreal HD Skins V3 [UT] [227]

Post by LightningHunter »

Developer: Lightning Hunter

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Synopsis:
An Unreal227/UT99 High-resolution skins mutator.

Features:
This mutator replaces those old, blurry Unreal/UT99/RTNP skins with detailed, high-res versions. The primary goal of this project was to keep the skins looking as faithful as possible, while removing the obvious outdated "pixelation" of the original skins. In order to achieve this, each skin has been manually reworked. There has been no simple filters or cheesy sharpening techniques used during the skinning process. Each skin has been manually air-brushed and blended. Hundreds of layers were created to apply overlay detail textures, better looking shadows, better highlights, and more. The end result is faithful skins that look almost the same from a distance, but far more detailed up-close. In the case of bigger meshes like the Titan, detail is evident even when viewed from a distance. The skins have all been done in either 1k, 2k, or 4k, depending on the size of the model.

With the new Version 3 release, ALL skins of Unreal Tournament, Unreal, and RTNP are included! In addition to this, many custom Skins from popular single player maps are also included! If that wasn't enough, the longstanding FOV issue of the weapons in widescreen is FIXED. No more ginormous Redeemer! Some of the previous HD Unreal skins have also been updated for this release, and an optional "random HD armor" mod is included for UT99.

Supported Custom Maps/Packs for HD content:

7 Bullets
Xidia Gold
Operation Na Pali
Project Zephon
Strange World
Déjà Vu – Gryphon Revisited
Interloper (only one Skaarj skin currently)

See the readme file for more credits and installation instructions! I also recommend getting the new HD4K Extreme Resolution textures by Ahaigh01, which look great when combined with these Skins.

DOWNLOAD

ALSO TRY: Return To Na Pali: Ultimate Edition v1.1 HD
Last edited by LightningHunter on Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
For High-Res Unreal skins, click here.
For the RTNP "Ultimate Edition" HD, click here.

ShaiHulud
Adept

Re: UT99 and Unreal HD Skins V3 [UT] [227]

Post by ShaiHulud »

Thanks for your hard work on this, worthy addition to the series.
Metalfist
Masterful
Personal rank: ^,..,^ rawr

Post by Metalfist »

Aww yes! It's finally released! Thank you so much for all the work on this! :tu:
One thing I saw is that some colors are slightly different from the originals. I looked at the lights of the InstaGib version and it's a lot more yellow/orange while the original is more red/orange.
EDIT: I played around with it in Photoshop and added an adjustment layer for Hue/Saturation (Hue -14) and Brightness/Contrast (Brightness -50 | Contrast 60) to the lights of the InstaGib and it seems like a better matching color for it. Also the lights/wires on the body of the weapon are colored wrong (Sorry for nitpicking! I haven't checked all the skins yet).
Terraniux
Masterful
Personal rank: Banished member

Post by Terraniux »

I thank you! :D
This member can only post when permitted.
esnesi
Godlike
Personal rank: Dialed in.

Post by esnesi »

This looks truly insanely beautiful!
I can't wait for the online version!
Metalfist
Masterful
Personal rank: ^,..,^ rawr

Post by Metalfist »

I checked the other weapon skins. All of them look very good!
Only the Ripper 1p view has a little UV issue and when firing the pulsegun the beam/projectile positions don't match. Can that be fixed in the next update? Is it also possible to make the HUD while flying the Redeemer HD? @LightningHunter
LightningHunter
Novice

Hi Metalfist, I posted this reply over at Moddb, and I'll post it here, too:
Thanks for the feedback! I am actually putting together a small patch that will likely be out in the upcoming week here. I need some more details from you though:
-What UV issue are you referring to, and what do you mean by Ripper 1p? A screenshot in this case would be helpful!
-It's funny that two people have brought up the insta-gib rifle already. I had almost forgot to even include the insta-gib rifle, and did it as the last item. I never thought so many people would be noticing it offline! I will make the color match more, especially for the upcoming online release.
-The Pulsegun beam has been brought up, and has to do with the weapon position fix. I may have to adjust the position of the pulsegun back to normal, as I don't really know a way to adjust the beam without affecting Gameplay. The next version will also have an option to disable my weapon position fix, thus re-enabling the "ginormous" weapons, although the Redeemer will have it's own option...
-Sorry, but the Redeemer HUD is not something that can be done by a mutator or my mod at this time! Maybe down the road...

Carbon
Inhuman
Personal rank: Hoarder.

Post by Carbon »

This is just amazing. Really appreciate your hard work and wow...what a difference these make in the game! Good job mate...very well done.
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

I like the last picture you used, looks like a family photo :D

I definetly need to try this out sometime, looks amazing man, keep it up.
Spoiler
P.s. i kept meening to PM you on a small project, but wanted to finish a few of my own WIPs. Hope to chat with ya sometime Hunter :)
darksonny
Adept

Post by darksonny »

I want a son from you, nah its joke XD
Thanks for your hard work dude, you have enlightened and reworked all the old weapons! givin' ut a new and more fresh look to ut, thanks thanks (Dont forget Aghaigh for his great texturing work, both make ut more sexyer XD
LightningHunter
Novice

I have updated the mod to version 3.1. Everyone should visit the Moddb page and grab the new version. This version includes fixes to the weapon positions, a new mod window to enable/disable the weapon position fix, MipMaps for the custom skins (so they don't look grainy from a distance), and tweaks to the Shock rifle and Super Shock Rifle.

Acoma
Average

Post by Acoma »

Sweet you fixed it. these look great and auto reskin custom weapons too.

HD reloadable pulse gun :rock:
neo2k76
Novice

Post by neo2k76 »

Well done! :)
Integro
Novice

Post by Integro »

Could you tell please, what soft did you use to import/export HD textures in UTX-files?
I tried to open your "FCommandoSkins.utx" (38 MB) in UnrealEditor v.2.0 and v.2.1 and mostly had a critical error or i saw not correctly viewed textures. It was posible to export it but i got an empty PCX-file.
So what is the secret?) Some patched UEditor? Some third party application?
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Integro wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:22 am So what is the secret?) Some patched UEditor? Some third party application?
Try a different renderer in the Editor - use D3D9 or OpenGL.