Popular servers no have anti-cheats, why?

Discussions about Servers
InposterIT
Novice

Popular servers no have anti-cheats, why?

Post by InposterIT »

Hello,
My question is why this module Anti-Cheats is not available on popular servers?
There are so many potential cheaters that it often makes no sense to play, there's a lot of players from the TOP.
10-15 years ago, all servers had this security, now hardly any server.
When I see players who have ping 250 and it's the very best (number one) or he can't see me from the other side of the map and he hits 2 seconds after respawn, I don't want to play.
I think that if there were protection against cheating, probably not many people would play because some of them would be kicked from the server.

I don't know what a pleasure to play at cheating, maybe just to be on the list of TOP?
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: Popular servers no have anti-cheats, why?

Post by papercoffee »

Some cheater have a very small penis.
Or are young and can't play the game without help.

there are a few server owner they think popularity is worth more than fairness... but sometimes are those server just too far away and your ping is horrible... everyone closer to the server has an advantage by seeing the opponent faster.

it isn't always cheating sometimes it's just exploiting an issue.
InposterIT
Novice

Post by InposterIT »

Mostly I have 50-100 pings, and such a player with a ping of 150 or 250 is the best of all -- this is not normal
TankBeef
Masterful

Post by TankBeef »

InposterIT wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:56 pm Mostly I have 50-100 pings, and such a player with a ping of 150 or 250 is the best of all -- this is not normal
Did you check if the servers where you play have Newnet or ZeroPing?
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

The first response shouldnt be he is cheating, this is a 20+ year game, and some players have pretty much perfected UT. Best to get some proof if that player is using cheats, like check his 1st person view and see if he is insta snapping to targets.
InposterIT
Novice

Post by InposterIT »

TankBeef wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:15 pm Did you check if the servers where you play have Newnet or ZeroPing?
Server not have ZeoPing. ZeroPing I tested myself on my server and I also played on servers with ZeroPing, it doesn't work as it should.
UnrealGGecko wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:18 pm The first response shouldnt be he is cheating, this is a 20+ year game, and some players have pretty much perfected UT. Best to get some proof if that player is using cheats, like check his 1st person view and see if he is insta snapping to targets.
This is not a good way to detect cheating, one can guess, but you never know 100%.
just like a combogib shoots from one end of the map and sees the opponent (a dot on the screen) and hits every time - no sorry but 99% is cheating.
I point out to him that he is probably cheating, I get profanity in response and that he is the best.
Just some who had 20 years to refine the cheat mods.

The problem would be solved by security on the servers
10 years ago, when I was playing and there were Anti-Cheats, 10-20% of players were kicked out and it was good to play, there were no such impossible miracles.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

There are things that have to be in account.
- Sometimes an anti-cheat is bitching at legit players for various reasons;
- Another time a polished server with newer XC things was locked down combined with Anti-Cheat - admin was not really happy at this point;
- In the past when I was hosting a server with protection, several players were having issues with various files used for years - I dropped it away.
Due to these sensitive problems requiring time for polishing I decided to no longer waste time with such things - they are not really helping when cheats are constantly improved often and better than an OS.

Recently when several regulars were yelling louder about a possible cheater, I asked the guy to record an external video with a device outside of computer for showing everyone what can be seen on screen and how is playing. Nothing suspect, no radars, no arrows, no nothing. The dude was just good and getting used with big ping because it has a rich experience in front of others, sometimes he knows the style of regular opponents and if map was played 100+ times you can imagine that he knows where others re-spawn and how to move, how to use map in his favor (dumb decorations, messed up walls, etc.). If map has a known Invisibility place and such a good player picks it up you don't want to see a living vacuum cleaner wiping floors from certain location of map.
Of course, I could see cheaters directly aiming like Loque, others probably were using more "mature" hacks heavy to be detected. Last anti-cheat that can be bought claims that can bypass ACE checks - Why would mess normal players then if cheaters are not detected ? It's a bit heavy to manage these things.
And because I don't like to setup discussions and all that stuff, I prefer to stay away from public stages said "popular". Popular is not my ground, but special, polished A.I., tiny adds are what I like. Other admins are banning without too many evidences - when it's not my place I won't work against decisions which are not mine. In time I'm lifting my hands from deals which to me don't look that good at all.
Last edited by sektor2111 on Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UT Sniper (SJA94)
Inhuman
Personal rank: Retard

Post by UT Sniper (SJA94) »

InposterIT wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:04 pm just like a combogib shoots from one end of the map and sees the opponent (a dot on the screen) and hits every time - no sorry but 99% is cheating.
I point out to him that he is probably cheating, I get profanity in response and that he is the best.
Just some who had 20 years to refine the cheat mods.
If you are talking about the London combo server:
- It uses the latest anti cheat
- It uses anti tweak
- it uses zero ping/LC
- If you shoot an enemies shock ball, they still get the kill even though you shot it, even if they die multiple times.

If you are seeing a tiny dot on your screen, it doesn't mean they only see a tiny dot. FOV 80 on a large monitor they will look much larger then on a smaller monitor with FOV 90
TankBeef
Masterful

Post by TankBeef »

sektor2111 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:29 pm - In the past when I was hosting a server with protection, several players were having issues with various files used for years - I dropped it away.
You know, Sektor is right in many aspects. In theory, I would love it if something like ACE would work properly, but in practice... :wth:
Many times I have been booted from a server just because of some mutator I only use offline. :? Fine, I take out that mutator, then I get booted again for another mutator. This is where I throw the towel with ACE servers. :facepalm:
And believe me, those who play me online know I am no cheater, in fact it is a miracle if I am ever in the top three. :lol2: Cause I play for fun, this is a great game anyway. :tu:
InposterIT
Novice

Post by InposterIT »

UT Sniper (SJA94) wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:51 pm If you are talking about the London combo server:
- It uses anti tweak
- it uses zero ping/LC
- If you shoot an enemies shock ball, they still get the kill even though you shot it, even if they die multiple times.
I think I have to take your word for it, because the list of mods on the server does not include ACE and ...

If someone has ping 250, there is no way that it would be normal, you can play, not to mention hitting the opponent faster than ping 50 - As someone says so, he talks nonsense.
TankBeef
Masterful

Post by TankBeef »

InposterIT wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:14 pm If someone has ping 250, there is no way that it would be normal, you can play, not to mention hitting the opponent faster than ping 50 - As someone says so, he talks nonsense.
It is possible with NewNet. This is why I asked. Ok, you confirmed no ZeroPing, how about NewNet?
InposterIT
Novice

Post by InposterIT »

TankBeef wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:18 pm It is possible with NewNet. This is why I asked. Ok, you confirmed no ZeroPing, how about NewNet?
if it works why only for some players?
If I have ping 150, I can't play normally, let alone 250

I think there is a silent permission for admins to cheat and there is no topic - everyone is silent.
UT Sniper (SJA94)
Inhuman
Personal rank: Retard

Post by UT Sniper (SJA94) »

InposterIT wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:14 pm
UT Sniper (SJA94) wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:51 pm If you are talking about the London combo server:
- It uses anti tweak
- it uses zero ping/LC
I think I have to take your word for it, because the list of mods on the server does not include ACE and ...

If someone has ping 250, there is no way that it would be normal, you can play, not to mention hitting the opponent faster than ping 50 - As someone says so, he talks nonsense.
What does it say on the top left?

https://youtu.be/gYY4ndqndBc?t=250

With how poor some player's reaction times are it's very easy to kill someone with a lower ping than you, my reaction times are awful on my medication. You can play with 250ping, there was a player years ago on the |uk| combo server that used to play with 400 ping and did ok with such a disadvantage, if you are losing to people with a massive disadvantage your are doing something wrong, such as your settings are not right for you and it's making it harder for you then it needs to be.

Are you Dissolve by any chance?
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

If we're talking about the Combogib server, especially the London one, I play sometimes in that server myself I am yet to notice a cheater in there.

Like Sniper said, it has everything already to prevent cheaters in general, and although it's not a 100% protection (there's no such thing), meaning that maybe 1 cheater could successfully bypass these measures, generally the server population and admins are attentive enough to not let that go by, but personally I never had those kinds of issues, and I can either kick ass or getting my ass kicked, and I never blamed the latter on cheats, but rather in my lack of skill.

I even played already in the Atlanta one, at 150+ ping, and I was able to play well too: the experience was far worse, but I had no problems in aiming and get my shot registered every time I tried, and preventing myself from being shot.

And even as far as shooting players across the map, guess what: I can do that too, and it's easier than it looks, especially when using a high FPS screen, or/and a big screen, coupled with using the latest UT version (469b), using the dot crosshair, with a reduced scale (to make the dot smaller, thus more precise in relation to the distance).
If you're playing using something like a 15.4'' display, limited at 60fps, and the big ass crosshair the game sets by default, you will have a much harder time to hit players and to spot them far away (at least that's my own experience).

And the same goes for the players which are likely consistently killing you there.

So as far as I can tell, you're just throwing random accusations without any solid evidence to back them up, and without even trying to get that evidence (for example: you didn't show any video of someone cheating, when you can spectate players in almost any server).

The most popular servers are in fact protected by ACE (the latest anti-cheat), with the only likely exceptions being PvE servers (like MH or BT).

And for reference, I am not that great of a player, but some games do turn out exceedingly well for me:

ut99combogib_score.jpg

Taking the kind of accusations you're throwing, and the reasons why you're throwing them, then in that game you would likely think I was a cheater too... :lol2:
As well as the other players in that screenshot with over 120 frags (not that the frags matter in CTF, but does give an idea the amount of killing there was).

Also, Combogib servers in particular end up having a lower skill ceiling compared with pure IG ones, where I personally stand next to no chance, yet I don't think they are cheating.

If you still think people are cheating, remember that there are people that have been playing for 20 years, and even in modern games you have players like Shroud that are easy to pass as cheaters by how stupidly quick and precise their aiming is.
InposterIT
Novice

Post by InposterIT »

I can see that I have touched upon an uncomfortable topic, but good
Where I wrote that someone is 100% cheating - please quote about this feagment
If the server shows so and it is Anti-Cheats not on the server mod list, then maybe something is wrong? maybe it is just that it is fake?

You already judge me that I probably play on a 15-inch 60 Hz monitor and that I can't play well - on what basis?
I play on a 32 inch monitor, in 2000-2001, other players entered my candidacy for my country's team in an international tournament in UT. Well, I've known the UT longer than many of the current players.

As I see a player who has ping 200-250 and, for example, 500/1200 twice as many as other top players in a given match - sorry I do not believe it.

I just asked why there was no security - I just wanted that answer
And I got answers as if defending certain things, but I don't know why? as if the cheaters explain that they are not cheating
I still often see other players kick someone out of the game, and that player will come back in the next match with a new nickname - and it is the same.