Looking for DOM-Hydro.unr

Do you search a certain mutator, mod, skin, map, everything else?
NemesisNeS
Experienced
Personal rank: GOD, not Godlike

Re: Looking for DOM-Hydro.unr

Post by NemesisNeS »

Nope, my bro and I were hard when it came to private lan parties and keeping backups of all the stuff we snagged off the web. We had 2 different servers running back then, one for testing and small lan parties. The other was a private server that is completely shut down since UT2k4 was released, but we kept it for other lan parties that were more on the local side. Hopefully, he can find it IF he has it. @ Axon, yeah I recall your brothers name, and the description of the map is a bit vague, but I do remember those points for DOM. Do you recall if he had any other mutators or items floating around the map? LOL I also recall the sewer being a great choke point if you wanted a team member to camp out there.
Feeling the urge to kill people who put up links with advertisements....
:instagib2:
jmartin
Skilled

Post by jmartin »

TankBeef wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:04 pm
Axon wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:08 am it was uploaded to a Geocities page
OMG, Geocities!!! What a flashback, even I had a pair of websites there, and now I have no idea what they were called or what they were about. :lol2: So I know the feeling.
Same here.

I must have had about 30 websites with geocities.com

I figured, "It's owned by Yahoo. They'll NEVER go out of business"

Sure enough, KAFLUNK!

A lot of that stuff has been backed up by www.oocities.org

(Example) https://www.oocities.org/unrealcity4unreal/

Might be worth a shot?
Axon
Novice

Post by Axon »

NemesisNeS wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:33 pm Nope, my bro and I were hard when it came to private lan parties and keeping backups of all the stuff we snagged off the web. We had 2 different servers running back then, one for testing and small lan parties. The other was a private server that is completely shut down since UT2k4 was released, but we kept it for other lan parties that were more on the local side. Hopefully, he can find it IF he has it. @ Axon, yeah I recall your brothers name, and the description of the map is a bit vague, but I do remember those points for DOM. Do you recall if he had any other mutators or items floating around the map? LOL I also recall the sewer being a great choke point if you wanted a team member to camp out there.
Not sure, but I think, if you used the momentum of the elevator and jumped at the end (like in Deck16][) you'd also reach a location that was only reachable by doing that.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Kinda surprised nobody brought up medor's site of UT downloads, not that it matters as I just checked and the map isn't there either.

Also not at ut-files' site.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
NemesisNeS
Experienced

Post by NemesisNeS »

Dude this map is in all honesty the hardest map to find of all time. My brother went through 200 backup CD's and could not find anything remotely close to it. And those were just all the map cd's... He's now checking other backup cd's that we had sitting in his storage... here's hoping he finds it.
TankBeef
Masterful

Post by TankBeef »

NemesisNeS wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:57 pm Dude this map is in all honesty the hardest map to find of all time.
Hold my beer, maybe? :lol2: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=14762&hilit=Hyperboreal
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

TankBeef wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:08 pmHold my beer, maybe?
That's not it, wrong map name.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
TankBeef
Masterful

Post by TankBeef »

EvilGrins wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:12 pm
TankBeef wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:08 pmHold my beer, maybe?
That's not it, wrong map name.
No, I meant that version of Hyperboreal has not been found either.
:lol2:
NemesisNeS
Experienced

Post by NemesisNeS »

LMFAO Now that map I remember and I will have my brother search for that one as well. That map was fun as hell.
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Feel free to have a look at some of the other threads on "Download search", still more maps that still might be lost.
NemesisNeS
Experienced

Post by NemesisNeS »

I asked my brother if he didn't mind if I could start a repository and back up all 200 CD's with the maps that he has onto GitHub. Once he gives the okay and I get them uploaded I'll post the link here. Meanwhile, DOM-Hydro is nowhere to be found. Sadly you may have to ask your brother to rebuild it and store it in his or your email account. We both sifted through all of our backup files for UT. In total we ran through 200 CD's, 56 DVD's and 25 SD/MicroSD cards... Yeah, and most of them I ran through while I'm working on coding/scripting/and testing.
TankBeef
Masterful

Post by TankBeef »

NemesisNeS wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:21 pm I asked my brother if he didn't mind if I could start a repository and back up all 200 CD's with the maps that he has onto GitHub.
Awesome. But...I was asking if you have contacted Shrimp from unrealarchive.org. He may be interested in all these treasures.
NemesisNeS
Experienced

Post by NemesisNeS »

Oh, lol I will as soon as my brother confirms that it's cool. Don't want to put information out there without confirmation. IF it were all in my possession then I would have contacted Shrimp, and well... You all would have access to this wonderful treasure trove of map gloriousness. However, my brother is a pain in the arse sometimes. I'm even surprised we're at least talking this much. I guess our love for UT didn't die out.
Axon
Novice

Post by Axon »

It is what it is, thank you so much for checking though!
NemesisNeS
Experienced

Post by NemesisNeS »

Axon wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:07 am It is what it is, thank you so much for checking though!
Anytime mate, I wish he still had it, I had great times playing that map and slaughtering my bro's team back then on it. I camped in the sewer section mostly and boy that was the best choke point if you knew what you were doing. I know it's a long shot, but would your brother mind remaking that map?