[NEW] DM-[NiX]NewEraSnipers2022

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
sektor2111
Godlike

Re: [NEW] DM-[NiX]NewEraSnipers2022

Post by sektor2111 »

As you don't get why are they complaining about missing Bot Support, I don't get the other complain about complaining. There are connected mods used in servers such as relic of Vegeance which at a moment makes the game to be different - you killed the enemy with Translocator in order to gain some bonus points, now it's time to run-away or you'll pay because relic will blast the area. In other hand, some extra-creatures can spawn there using as reference Navigation from Map and chasing a victim for a while. Popular servers are using Bots in hours when server is less populated just to make game more active. If you don't get the point DON'T USE maps with paths, it's really that simple.
A good map is not only based on Textures - some of them causing pain for D3D render for no reason, a good map has everything needed for everyone, if several players have asked for Bot Support this is doable without to pay anything and it doesn't need assistance from N.A.S.A.
The strawberry: Edited version with Bot Support is even a smaller file than is original map... and I aligned a texture which was split in two pieces on the same surface.
More than that, community has tools for working at paths as wanted doing bug-free paths and enough well optimized, so they won't hurt anything. Not a single time Bots without Paths and having only a Teleporter around were messing up with collision causing a lot of crashes in the same maps all over again. Why ? We don't pay for adding PathNodes and having fun with Relics. Here I've been experimenting something for boosting a bit A.I. activity regarding to sniping task, I only need to check things in detail even if actor which I'm using doesn't seems to have any performance impact on my rig machine - which can be a plus for sniping Off-Line and practicing some stunts in the house - probably I have to do it configurable for being disabled if someone it getting frustrated by "snipers" without editing map.
Dennis
Average

Post by Dennis »

sektor2111 wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 6:04 am As you don't get why are they complaining about missing Bot Support, I don't get the other complain about complaining. There are connected mods used in servers such as relic of Vegeance which at a moment makes the game to be different - you killed the enemy with Translocator in order to gain some bonus points, now it's time to run-away or you'll pay because relic will blast the area. In other hand, some extra-creatures can spawn there using as reference Navigation from Map and chasing a victim for a while. Popular servers are using Bots in hours when server is less populated just to make game more active. If you don't get the point DON'T USE maps with paths, it's really that simple.
A good map is not only based on Textures - some of them causing pain for D3D render for no reason, a good map has everything needed for everyone, if several players have asked for Bot Support this is doable without to pay anything and it doesn't need assistance from N.A.S.A.
The strawberry: Edited version with Bot Support is even a smaller file than is original map... and I aligned a texture which was split in two pieces on the same surface.
More than that, community has tools for working at paths as wanted doing bug-free paths and enough well optimized, so they won't hurt anything. Not a single time Bots without Paths and having only a Teleporter around were messing up with collision causing a lot of crashes in the same maps all over again. Why ? We don't pay for adding PathNodes and having fun with Relics. Here I've been experimenting something for boosting a bit A.I. activity regarding to sniping task, I only need to check things in detail even if actor which I'm using doesn't seems to have any performance impact on my rig machine - which can be a plus for sniping Off-Line and practicing some stunts in the house - probably I have to do it configurable for being disabled if someone it getting frustrated by "snipers" without editing map.
You never listen to anyone else but yourself do you? It must be lonely in your perfect life? Listen I do not like you and your constant critics about everything anyone makes. You always point out the tiniest little thing that makes YOU unable to play the game as YOU get to decide how each and every map needs to be played. I will try and mute you and see if this forum will look better without your posts in it I think it will looking forward to it :-)
Fraggers hangout place: http://fraggers.online/
NemesisNeS
Experienced
Personal rank: GOD, not Godlike

Post by NemesisNeS »

Dennis wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 11:31 pm I'm an old timer zark sniper camper style and I totaly apriciate maps of this nature. I honestly fail to understand why people constantly complain about no bot support in these maps? The days of zark sniper camper style has long gone, but it still deserves the respect from both us who knew the gamestyle when it was on top and those who never played it. stop complaining about bot support for maps not needing bot support you cannot claim to play any map in just how you personaly favour the game, pay some respect to the author! This map only needs a zark sniper rifle and a translocator device that is how it is ment to be played.
Man I do miss those days. Now I feel like implementing zark sniping with what I've been working on. Good to see old school snipers.
Feeling the urge to kill people who put up links with advertisements....
:instagib2:
TankBeef
Masterful

Post by TankBeef »

Ok fine. Don't path the map...
But I will just say this. I cannot imagine UT without bot pathing. Steve Polge took the genius of the Reaper Bots and made it even better with UT. Revolutionary I would say. So, yes it is personal choice, but it is also a waste not to embrace this. To brush aside bot pathing as if it was meaningless. Oh well... :wth:
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Dennis wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:02 pm ...
See that "FriendsAndFoes" option in your User ControlPanel - put me on your list because I have some "friends" there and it seems that it doesn't hurt, so that's not a problem to me at all - I'm not asking love here, by the way. These "sniper rules" I cannot swallow at all (and why only Zark Rifle is described ?) - exactly, you said well: You cannot force people to play the game only as you want/demand - Example: forcing me to use a map without Bots because it's a sniper map... Why not playing it OFF-LINE ? I don't see a comprehensive answer here - Actually I don't expect something reasonable. When you'll write other new Bots or cute stuff for this game, perhaps your perception around UT's reality will get changed, or you can stay with maps without paths and with ZarkRifle, I don't really mind it. Like I said X times here, whoever is disturbed by my posting is not forced to read anything. By adding me to foes you won't see any word of any of my posting as long as you are logged into account.

Happy Holidays and a Happy New Year, best regards from me to everyone, pathed map works like a charm with my assets and this is truly nice.

@TankBeef - It's already pathed and has configurable options as well in here viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12571&start=165#p133264.
Dennis
Average

Post by Dennis »

TankBeef wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:50 pm Ok fine. Don't path the map...
But I will just say this. I cannot imagine UT without bot pathing. Steve Polge took the genius of the Reaper Bots and made it even better with UT. Revolutionary I would say. So, yes it is personal choice, but it is also a waste not to embrace this. To brush aside bot pathing as if it was meaningless. Oh well... :wth:
No you fail my point. BOT AI will never ever reach the level that gives you the ability to play a zark sniper gamestyle against them. That is WHY no bot pathing is needed for maps made for that gamestyle. If you have never been a zark sniper you will never know how to use the translocator device for not only moving arround the map, but also telefrags and multicasting e.g. over water to reach the very top of the map without going splat on the ground. If you want bots in your game then play the million other maps that support this instead of complaining, UT is full of choices, it should never ever be full of demands! What fun is it to be a mapper if others demand them to do this and that? No one is forcing anyone to play their maps or put them on their servers.
Fraggers hangout place: http://fraggers.online/
f7r
Experienced

Post by f7r »

Dennis wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 7:02 pm <...> instead of complaining, UT is full of choices, it should never ever be full of demands!
:loool:
Then why do you demand to refuse bot pathing and deprive others choices?
Dennis wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 7:02 pm No one is forcing anyone to play <...>
Someone imposes you a game with bots? Forcible?
Dennis wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 7:02 pm If you have never been a zark sniper you will never know how to use the translocator device for not only moving arround the map, but also telefrags and multicasting e.g. over water to reach the very top of the map without going splat on the ground.
Really? No one never knows about the telefraging and multicasting besides zark snipers? Seriously?

Also Sektor2111 tried to explain to you that the pathing is needed not only for bots.
Do not you think that you are sitting too close to the heart?
Moreover, author of the map clearly made it clear that he is not against modifications under certain conditions.

Happy New Year!
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

TankBeef wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:50 pmI cannot imagine UT without bot pathing.
Sometimes it's kinda fun, if I want to go on a bot killing spree... although they can still be pretty tough even if there's nothing making them want to walk anywhere.
Dennis wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:02 pmYou never listen to anyone else but yourself do you? It must be lonely in your perfect life?
He offers a shrewd and detailed analysis that I always feel is of great benefit... also I too envy his perfect life and want to be him.
Dennis wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:02 pmListen I do not like you and your constant critics about everything anyone makes.
Did you make something he criticized? Because otherwise I'm not seeing the issue.
Dennis wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:02 pmI will try and mute you and see if this forum will look better without your posts in it I think it will looking forward to it :-)
You'll be missing out.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
debilman69
Average
Personal rank: yes

Post by debilman69 »

Always on top great work Nix ; )
ImageImage

Lunic
Average
Personal rank: The Best One

Post by Lunic »

NemesisNeS wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 11:04 pm After some thorough testing and thanks to jmartin for the map, and Hitman for the path-nodes this map is in all honestly a bit fun. Great areas for sniping as well. Would be great for a DOM match in my opinion.
eh? who IS Jmartin? not me lol

Automatically merged

Dennis wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 11:31 pm I'm an old timer zark sniper camper style and I totaly apriciate maps of this nature. I honestly fail to understand why people constantly complain about no bot support in these maps? The days of zark sniper camper style has long gone, but it still deserves the respect from both us who knew the gamestyle when it was on top and those who never played it. stop complaining about bot support for maps not needing bot support you cannot claim to play any map in just how you personaly favour the game, pay some respect to the author! This map only needs a zark sniper rifle and a translocator device that is how it is ment to be played.
Not really "gone" we are still playing clan matches every sunday in a ladder with 10 remaining teams like : SV OMA CON MOS OG EST FOG LST NBK ZM

Automatically merged

wow just readed the comments and im pretty agree with Dennis there. (not much peeps playing sniper here)
on 98% of the servers you cant even "telefrag" cause its removed with "no telefag" mutators so i absolutly cant understand the complainments behind this.
Also said once i will never add bot paths. I dont know why people find fun in that bots are running headless on the map giving free headshot situations with +2 score to anyone. And they are not even shooting back cause they arent got that range in the game. at least you have to sniper them as well.
As i said already my maps are dedicated to bring new content & experiences to our last sniper camper ladder games / cups. If anyone got the mood to make bot paths than do it. im not gonna delete brushes or anything. feel free to finish those in the way you like to do it and share it for the public im not good with botpathing anyway and not even interested to make them. 90% of the servers upload my maps anyway cause they need new maps and far as i know they like to play with other players not with bots :loool:
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

And they don't have any relic as well... even if admin uses that... and then PathNodes are harmless in servers for players only, actually they won't hurt anything.
NemesisNeS
Experienced
Personal rank: GOD, not Godlike

Post by NemesisNeS »

My bad bro, totally spaced on that one, thanks for the map bro!
Feeling the urge to kill people who put up links with advertisements....
:instagib2: