Monster Hunt 613

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
sektor2111
Godlike

Re: Monster Hunt 606

Post by sektor2111 »

NaliVillage is borked as far as I recall. If Bot is triggering a Waypoint and Player comes there later, the spawn locations are reverted back and... doors are locked - I don't get the point of this break... but maybe it's just me...
OjitroC
Godlike

Re: Monster Hunt 606

Post by OjitroC »

@Shrimp - I still get the disappearing Unreal weapons thing - this time in MH-XV-GiranTown2021 - there's an Unreal minigun in the starting room - pick it up and no first person view, though the weapon fires OK.
Shrimp
Adept

Re: Monster Hunt 607

Post by Shrimp »

Updated to Monster Hunt 607

This is a fairly big update in that it adds a new Objectives implementation. Objectives show up on the HUD and can tell you what the next step in a map might be.

They're entirely optional, and can be added to future maps if you find them useful or interesting. I've updated all the included maps with objectives, and the Mapping guide in the ReadMe has also been updated with some description of what they do.

I also spent a lot of time refining MH-Lonely][, which had some weird geometry that was annoying me, and also just gave it a bit of a visual polish tweak in various spots, and had to replace some chunks of it which were suffering constant BSP errors. I'll go over all the maps over time and clean them up as well as improve them where needed.
Shot00077.png
ShrimpWorks
Unreal Archive - preserving over 25 years of user-created content for the Unreal series!
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Saw the update too late, have to wait all the way to friday to test! NOOOOOOoooooooouuuuu......

Love this addition, as I tend to get a little lost on a map or 2 :P
Old UT Veteran
Skilled

Post by Old UT Veteran »

Awesome stuff. Didn't know it was something I would like until it got implemented. Wish assault had something similar now. Anyways, since a lot of polishing is being done, how about updating the scoreboard difficulty info? :loool:
Use the monster difficulty instead the bot skill?

Also, I noticed the MH logo is gone from the HUD. Not that it's important but now I do remember it glitching into the status bar on the bottom of the HUD when the displayed information was altered via +/- default keys. Perhaps this is why.
Attachments
MH.PNG
MH.PNG (36.7 KiB) Viewed 571 times
esnesi
Godlike
Personal rank: Dialed in.

Post by esnesi »

Old UT Veteran wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 9:02 pm Wish assault had something similar now.
You can try LeagueAssault for that.
It shows objectives on the right of the screen.
http://medor.no-ip.org/GameTypes/Assaul ... master.zip
http://medor.no-ip.org/GameTypes/Assaul ... tFiles.zip
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

I played MH-XV-GiranTown for a bit (with 607) and then switched to a DM map - found the following error in the log

Code: Select all

Error: MonsterHuntRules Transient.MonsterHuntRules1 (Function MonsterHunt.MonsterHuntRules.SaveConfigs:001A) Accessed null class context 'GameClass'
It's not something I have seen before. No idea if it is important or, TBH, what it really means.
NemesisNeS
Experienced
Personal rank: GOD, not Godlike

Post by NemesisNeS »

Thanks as always for the latest update and hard work and dedication to fixing many of the issues. Been on hiatus from playing/modding UT for a while. Should be hopefully done with a variant HUD that will work exclusively with MH/Assault/CTF/Team DM... Will keep you guys posted on the details when I don't feel like being lazy and getting back into coding things out.

P.S.

These links don't work....
Feeling the urge to kill people who put up links with advertisements....
:instagib2:
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

NemesisNeS wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:08 pm P.S.

These links don't work....
They work. But don't copy and paste what is visible but try to copy the underlying link. On a PC it is nearly always doable with the secondary mouse button. Or click here get get the files from medor.no-ip.org:
LeagueAS140-master.zip
LeagueAS140_ClientFiles.zip
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
Shrimp
Adept

Re: Monster Hunt 608

Post by Shrimp »

Post updated with MH 608.

See the changelog, but the main change is the addition of MH-NaliVillage][-SE, a big re-work of the original MH-NaliVillage][, with more appropriate Nali architecture, new water temple section, new weapon placements, switched Skaarj types, reworked navigation mesh, improved texture allocations, and some improved higher resolution textures here and there, and cleaned up some BSP stuff.

The map otherwise has the same layout and objectives, but plays a little differently with the new weapons, and looks a lot better.
Attachments
Shot00087.jpg
Shot00086.jpg
Shot00085.jpg
Shot00084.jpg
Shot00081.jpg
Shot00080.jpg
ShrimpWorks
Unreal Archive - preserving over 25 years of user-created content for the Unreal series!
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Note: The map MH-NaliVillage][-SE won't work anymore with MonsterHunt 503.
Maps edited with these versions will break all compatibility with initial MH503 - I would like to see admins what are saying at this point in making a MH maps soup with their own mods having initial structure changed and requiring null objects... and map's prefix it's the same as in years 2002 without any indication about new required package.

Code: Select all

Warning: Failed to load 'D:\Editor\UnrealTournament\Maps\MH-NaliVillage][-SE.unr': Can't find Class in file 'Class MonsterHunt.MonsterHuntObjective'
Warning: Failed loading package: Can't find Class in file 'Class MonsterHunt.MonsterHuntObjective'
Warning: Failed loading package: Can't find Class in file 'Class MonsterHunt.MonsterHuntObjective'
Delacroix
Adept
Personal rank: UMS R&D CEO

Post by Delacroix »

Uh, 608 is an official update to 503. It is supposed to replace and supercede 503. That means, in fact, that the solution is for admins to upgrade to 608. That's that. And same with players. There is no reason to keep 503 around anymore, besides the tried and true "But I want to!". If 608 has a bug, or 503 did things better for the player, explain how, so that the author can reimplement what was lost... if anything.
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

I mean unless that version of the map gets a seperate zip, I dont see an issue, if they dont have the new version of MH they dont have the map.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

All connected mods with fixes based on 503 are no longer working. I have no reason for applying this update, subsequent classes of original MonsterHunt are doing what was supposed to be fixed 5-7 years ago. I'm not going to rewrite everything again. In other hand, I already reverted map to original MonsterHunt - objectives can always be shown with MonsterEvent as it was done 15 years and it might be a bit polished for paths here and there... It's not time for more mismatch pain and monthly updates. MonsterDefence will be a separate package and based on XC iterators - if I'll fall in love with it, because pathing it's an important factor in that game-type and only XC assets can deliver required settings.

At technical part, I really don't understand the deal with Weaponry at PlayerViewOffset. I did not do anything here and my mod has weapons available doesn't matter if are from map or from monsters - too much engineering and over-thinking goes nowhere. Also monsters in my mods are not really busy to kill themselves and have a team reaction in front of intruders - ANY intruder, I don't have any Skaarj problem and so on. These being solved for years I don't see why should I fix them again. Also Bot Support is boosted, in some situations where original MonsterHunt was not helpful, subclasses fixed are working like map has Zero bugs. These implementations are not here and then I stay with my work.
UnrealGGecko wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 6:08 pm I mean unless that version of the map gets a seperate zip, I dont see an issue, if they dont have the new version of MH they dont have the map.
Pretty wrong since UnCaching files is a common thing now days.

Edit: Map's feed back
I died in a bad moment, during this time Bots have completed Levers and I was trapped in first area like in old times - that door is the same bugger, it's isolating survivors in the back from the rest of team, it doesn't make any sense, without to suicide you won't respawn in the right place.
Delacroix
Adept
Personal rank: UMS R&D CEO

Post by Delacroix »

sektor2111 wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:26 amAll connected mods with fixes based on 503 are no longer working.
Then please list all connected mods to Shrimp with whatever fixes they contain so that they can be considered for inclusion or something similar.
sektor2111 wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:26 amI have no reason for applying this update,
OK, here's Reason 1 for you: testing and feedback and constructive suggestions.
sektor2111 wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:26 amsubsequent classes of original MonsterHunt are doing what was supposed to be fixed 5-7 years ago.
But it's being fixed now. Neither Shrimp nor any other content creator is required to implement fixes according to YOUR schedule. You aren't entitled to that.
sektor2111 wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:26 amI'm not going to rewrite everything again.
Tell me: if you're not going to be using this version and you're not interested in any improvements anyway, what's the point of you being here in this thread, again?
sektor2111 wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:26 amIt's not time for more mismatch pain and monthly updates.
In that case tell me: WHEN would be a good time? And again, why would you be entitled to others following your schedule instead of their own? WHY would content creators limit their own creativity and bughunting when you don't like it?
sektor2111 wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:26 amMonsterDefence will be a separate package and based on XC iterators - if I'll fall in love with it, because pathing it's an important factor in that game-type and only XC assets can deliver required settings.
Did you even ask Shrimp for permission to port his content as XC-type content?
sektor2111 wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:26 amAt technical part, I really don't understand the deal with Weaponry at PlayerViewOffset. I did not do anything here and my mod has weapons available doesn't matter if are from map or from monsters - too much engineering and over-thinking goes nowhere. Also monsters in my mods are not really busy to kill themselves and have a team reaction in front of intruders - ANY intruder, I don't have any Skaarj problem and so on. These being solved for years I don't see why should I fix them again. Also Bot Support is boosted, in some situations where original MonsterHunt was not helpful, subclasses fixed are working like map has Zero bugs. These implementations are not here and then I stay with my work.
You know what, if instead of being this rude, you'd ask kindly, I am sure Shrimp would at least consider either including your items or helping you with porting them to MH6. But you're not. It's just sad because OBVIOUSLY you're very talented and I'm sure MH overall would benefit from your inclusions and expertise - but I'm not seeing from you any kind of offers of cooperation or anything. All I'm seeing here is raving and ranting as to how dare someone upgrade their creation, how dare someone make creative decision X or Y, I don't approve, blah blah blah.

Strength is in numbers, in organized groups, not in "taking a stand" and blowing everything out of proportion.