Original version of "MH-UM-Curse-Of-Pharao1.unr"

Do you search a certain mutator, mod, skin, map, everything else?
Barbie
Godlike

Original version of "MH-UM-Curse-Of-Pharao1.unr"

Post by Barbie »

Recently I noticed a lot of movers in map "MH-UM-Curse-Of-Pharao1.unr", activated by event "End" - but nothing in the map raises this event.
Does anyone know the original of this map so that I may have a look at that?
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
Barbie
Godlike

Re: Original version of "MH-UM-Curse-Of-Pharao1.unr"

Post by Barbie »

Nice, it could be. :gj:
Sadly I cannot open it with UnrealEd:
Warning: Failed to load "T:\Maps\MH-[SP]CurseofthePharaoh.unr": Can't find BoolProperty in file "BoolProperty Engine.Weapon.bTossedOut"..
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

In original version (which looks for Unreal). There is a "Warlord0" calling a "Dispatcher0". This "Dispatcher0" contains more events, one of them is "End"...
Events_COfPharao.PNG
Edit:
I think I can export original map as T3D, and then you can try importing it into UT (and probably losing other extra 227x bytes) and you might rebuild a clone of original map and exploring assets inside UT - if you can get rid of some "SP_MonsterHunt" strings and maybe other debris actors... Let me know if you want to spend some time around it. I don't have in mind other quick way in making a simple "portation" back to original UE1.
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Unless there is a 3rd version of this map (which I didnt find yet) thats for UT, maybe the UM version is worth editing more then, that one IS for UT
Then again @Hitman you still here? Did you edit this SP version or do you happen to have a different one?
Hitman
Adept

Post by Hitman »

I edit this map in 2012 and are unsure were I found it, I think I did it cos it was very lame with very few monsters but was 10 years ago so I am unsure.
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Oh think I found it... Or at least the beta version of it... Goddamnit

http://www.destinationunreal.com/module ... map&id=370

Edit: Looks like boon-qiv is also known as B0NE in some places, found a Steam account of his/hers but its set to private.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

In regard to map's mechanics (beta2), because it was under discussion Event "End", we do have Mover27 as TriggerToggle. Probably uncovering a kicker delegated to help hunters in going back to the start where is opened entrance to the End. The pipe tunnel looks like is having a low gravity and then... hunters must be capable to head back somehow. If "End" event is not performed you'll need some toys for going back through tunnel.

If you ask my opinion about that stage, me one I would not waste time designing new gravity rules. Thanks to EPIC, we do have free Teleporters usable without any subscription anywhere... But, maybe it's just me miss-understanding these "design" fantasies :noidea .

If by chance I'll fall in love with this map, here things will get changed taking in account new comers which won't like lousy spots requiring a skill which they don't have.
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

UnrealGGecko wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 10:03 pm Oh think I found it...
Yes, MH-Curse_of_Pharaoh-Beta2 is a version where the movers are activated. One of the last Monsters, the Warlord, raises the event by its death and then the movers give the impression of some damaged walls. Players have to get back to start through an already monster cleared map.

That' s what I wanted to know, thanks all.