Is it possible to make a relic affect an entire team?

Search, find and discuss about Mutators!
Brally
Novice

Is it possible to make a relic affect an entire team?

Post by Brally »

My favourite mutators in Unreal Tournament 99 are the relics. Can a mutator be written that will allow a relic to affect an entire team when it is picked up by a player/bot on that team?

I haven't got a clue how to write code or compile it. Could someone make a Team Relics mutator for me?
Buggie
Godlike

Re: Is it possible to make a relic affect an entire team?

Post by Buggie »

Yes, technically it is possible.

No, I not write such mutator for you.

In fact you can try by self. We all start at one day.

In general need on pickup relic need apply it not for one owner, but iterate over pawn list and apply to each pawn from same team.
There can be some problems for net play, but all look solvable at this point.
Brally
Novice

Post by Brally »

I tried learning coding using DarkBASIC once, but everything past the Print "Hello world" tutorial went completely over my head.

I don't know which programs can be used to make mutators, let alone the code I'll need!
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

You need only UnrealEd, which already ship with UT.
ExpEM
Adept

Post by ExpEM »

What would the team relics do?
Would they be compatible with regular relics?
How would the relics be dropped?
Would team relics be stackable?

Interesting concept, I don't think I'll make them either but I'll keep it in mind for a side project.
Signature goes here.
Brally
Novice

Post by Brally »

The relics are the ones that are already in Unreal Tournament. The mutator will just change the way that relics work.

When a player/bot picks up any relic, the rest of the team is affected by it. For example, when a player/bot picks up the regeneration relic, the whole team will heal up to 150 health instead of just the player/bot that picks it up.
I have various relic mutators which I've downloaded from different places. I think it would be good if a whole team could benefit from the same relic at the same time.

If the player/bot that picks up a relic is killed, the other players/bots will lose the relic as well.
If an ally of the player/bot that picks up a relic is killed, they regain the relic upon respawning.