Jazz Jackrabbit is in Unreal engine games - and other JJR projects

Discussions about everything else
OjitroC
Godlike

Re: Jazz Jackrabbit is in Unreal engine games - and other JJR projects

Post by OjitroC »

gamerz31w wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:12 am Anyway why Jazz Jackrabbit isn’t visible in Unreal Tournament character mod,but just only gun also it seems I couldn’t even start match.
I'm no expert but here's a hint - in the Mesh browser, compare Jazz with any of the default UT models - try the Commando - look in particular at the names of the animations - the UT code is expecting animations with the names as in the Commando - it is not expecting animations as named in Jazz and so the Jazz 'model' won't work. As I say, I'm not an expert so I can't offer any more advice on this.
gamerz31w
Average

Post by gamerz31w »

I'm not professional,but maybe Unreal Tournament Editor is unsure if I want to swap model or rather add new playable character.? At least I tried this method,but it didn't work out.

Would these videos solve my problems/issues or not?
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

gamerz31w wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 4:21 pm Would these videos solve my problems/issues or not?
No.
gamerz31w
Average

Post by gamerz31w »

OjitroC wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:03 pm
gamerz31w wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 4:21 pm Would these videos solve my problems/issues or not?
No.
That's right.

Automatically merged

Anyway can you at least tell me how to add make Jazz Jackrabbit character mod in Unreal tournament GOTY,please?
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Search this forum and the internet for advice and tutorials on how to import models from other games into UT99 (plenty have been imported from HalfLife and Quake so there is probably guidance around on how to do that).

I can't help you but from what you have posted it looks like (a) you have only imported the mesh; (c) you have not created any code so that the model is a Botpack.TournamentPlayer/Bot; and (c) the mesh probably needs reanimating so that the UT animations are used.
gamerz31w
Average

Post by gamerz31w »

Speaking of what's inside Actors Settings View in Unreal Tournament Editor? Is Unreal Tournament GOTY supporting both skeletal meshes and without them? Especially in case of 3D Milkshape.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Speaking of what's inside your Jazz3.u and to your second question, yes UT 99 supports both.
gamerz31w
Average

Post by gamerz31w »

Do I have to setup Info Parent Package & Name of New Class...etc.?
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Not knowing what you have done, it's hard to say.
gamerz31w
Average

Post by gamerz31w »

Well I didn't do that,yet.
Should I follow this similar method instead?

Remaster likewise in case of Sonic the Hedgehog 3 Remaster(Proof of Concept).

My first mod attempt of Sonic Mania Jazz Jackrabbit 2D character videogame mod.

Me after trying to import JMPForts from Unreal Engine 1 into Unreal Engine 4.

I imported maps from Unreal 1.

I also did Jazz Jackrabbit 3D Intro Recreation.
[hr][/hr]

Automatically merged

Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

You are all wrong. Both him and the "you" at large. First of all this cannot be compared to dnf2001, second he posted in that thread when he was compiling the jazz3 package for UT GOTY which he showed on the screenshot.

The problem is, I don't know what version of the package is compiling either, besides to my knowledge, unlike DNF2001, Jazz3D was essentially just a total conversion of unreal/ut with little to no native changes except for the executable maybe. Most of the game was programmed in unrealscript and it was compatible. Its really sad that jazz jackrabbit has become such an obscure thing when (especially the original game) was the coolest "kid in the block" kind of a game.

Jazz rocks and while some people have taken issues with the art direction going from jazz2 onwards (on itself jazz2 was an unfinished game that barely got out due to Unreal's developement taking most time and resources and was stuck in beta stage with little progress for two years before release) it was still a phenomenon and gained some cult following...jazz 2 is also notable for introducing some multiplayer concepts that UT then copied and was often wrongly attributed to it as first (I'm not kidding)..

And Jazz3 became a concept already during Unreal's developement and took off soon after Unreal's release only to be cancelled past the showcase demo stage (basically only levels for the first planet were ever finished somewhat). I took some time to (apart from the known leak) gather some more files from the devs and release them. So some of my recovery record that you know is also for this game.

I hope this explains it all. But I really don't know why he can't just copy and at best resave some of those files because they should work by default. But he's too confused/weird to get all that...

EDIT: I realize that in a way I may have unleashed him back in 2017 or so, I mean if i didn't post about more jazz3d version recoveries and what not, he wouldn't have even gotten to doing stuff with unreal engine (or trying and failing) but rather he might have only stuck to ue4 like everyone. So I guess it might be part my fault that he invaded the unreal communities, lol.

No but really...he was trying to use one of the dev versions of jazz3 and probably a very outdated one and then expect it works in ut deathmatch when it was tuned for the jazz3 gametypes. It was made not to use unrealshare by the time they made the final demo, but several developement maps still used those files.
gamerz31w
Average

Post by gamerz31w »

Leo(T.C.K.) wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:13 am You are all wrong. Both him and the "you" at large. First of all this cannot be compared to dnf2001, second he posted in that thread when he was compiling the jazz3 package for UT GOTY which he showed on the screenshot.

The problem is, I don't know what version of the package is compiling either, besides to my knowledge, unlike DNF2001, Jazz3D was essentially just a total conversion of unreal/ut with little to no native changes except for the executable maybe. Most of the game was programmed in unrealscript and it was compatible. Its really sad that jazz jackrabbit has become such an obscure thing when (especially the original game) was the coolest "kid in the block" kind of a game.

Jazz rocks and while some people have taken issues with the art direction going from jazz2 onwards (on itself jazz2 was an unfinished game that barely got out due to Unreal's developement taking most time and resources and was stuck in beta stage with little progress for two years before release) it was still a phenomenon and gained some cult following...jazz 2 is also notable for introducing some multiplayer concepts that UT then copied and was often wrongly attributed to it as first (I'm not kidding)..

And Jazz3 became a concept already during Unreal's developement and took off soon after Unreal's release only to be cancelled past the showcase demo stage (basically only levels for the first planet were ever finished somewhat). I took some time to (apart from the known leak) gather some more files from the devs and release them. So some of my recovery record that you know is also for this game.

I hope this explains it all. But I really don't know why he can't just copy and at best resave some of those files because they should work by default. But he's too confused/weird to get all that...
Did I mention Duke Nukem Forever Prototype before?
Tell me how to do it and I'll do it.
I think I was doing that on Unreal Gold Patch 227i and Unreal Tournament default version 436(Unreal Engine 1 final game build/Unreal Editor 1.0) as far as I remember in that videos not screenshots.
But how to do it?
I guess I didn't put enough effort.
However in that one screenshot it was Unreal Editor 2.2.
I never heard of Jazz Jackrabbit cult,but I heard about Sonic the Hedgehog religious ancient mythical cult especially these days,nowadays of its fanbase having mixed thoughts. It’s not like it used to be no more,anymore.

Also anyway why Delacroix is not responding to me PM/DM is he really not that interested in unofficial,opensource revival of Jazz Jackrabbit 3D?
Neon_Knight
Adept

Post by Neon_Knight »

Leo(T.C.K.) wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:13 am EDIT: I realize that in a way I may have unleashed him back in 2017 or so, I mean if i didn't post about more jazz3d version recoveries and what not, he wouldn't have even gotten to doing stuff with unreal engine (or trying and failing) but rather he might have only stuck to ue4 like everyone. So I guess it might be part my fault that he invaded the unreal communities, lol.
So now we know who to blame for the Mazz attack. :loool: :lol: :lol2:

This is, like, the equivalent of a bunch of archaeologists discovering and unwittingly reawakening and unleashing an ancient evil on the world at large, lol!
OldUnreal U1v227/UTv469 Localization Project coordinator/spanish language maintainer - Unreal Wiki
ProTip 1: anybody using the phrase "I'm a True Fan and You're Not!" is an obnoxious, self-centered, egotistical, elitist, narcissist douchebag.
ProTip 2: anybody who uses the "Royal We" when making a demand wants to pass their own opinion as everyone else's.
ProTip 3: Only the people that do nothing but criticize don't make mistakes. Do things. Make mistakes. Learn from them. And screw those who do nothing but throw poison and criticize.
ProTip 4: If the Duke Nukem Forever fiasco wasn't enough of a lesson, perfectionism leads to nothing positive. Don't be afraid of releasing a buggy product. Even the most polished product has its flaws.
gamerz31w
Average

Post by gamerz31w »

EDIT: I realize that in a way I may have unleashed him back in 2017 or so, I mean if i didn't post about more jazz3d version recoveries and what not, he wouldn't have even gotten to doing stuff with unreal engine (or trying and failing) but rather he might have only stuck to ue4 like everyone. So I guess it might be part my fault that he invaded the unreal communities, lol.
So tell me what I did wrong?
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

This guy obviously doesn't know when to see humour, or realize that "cult following" doesn't mean literal cults. Seriously....just

stop being so retarded or something?