Re: Introducing the UT Server Browser: ut99.org/servers

Post by Shade »

Letylove49 wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:40 pm
Shade wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:54 am
Letylove49 wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:56 pm i have a bug : look the screenshot :

Bug server browser .jpg

i use GoogleChrome as browser

that work fine with Edge

udpdate : the sceenshot of the map is now display correctly thanks for that fix, but on the bottom left the info about the server still unreadable . look the screenshot.
Thank you for the feedback. Can you test (after deleting Browser Cache) if this problem still exists for you?
Sorry but the bug with the image is return and the text unreadable on server info the information is superimposed
For me it looks good in Google Chrome. What version do you use? Do you use any extensions that interfere with website contents?
Did you clear the browser cache in the settings? Also try to reload the page with Ctrl+Shift+R.
UT99.org Discord Server: https://discord.gg/6CP2UjZ
UT Server Browser: https://ut99.org/servers
Letylove49
Adept

Post by Letylove49 »

is the version 109.0.5414.120

extension
Trend Micro Check - Sécurité du navigateur
Malwarebytes Browser Guard
Trend Micro Shell Shock Detector
Trend Micro Toolbar
Enregistreur et téléchargeur pour Instagram Live
Downloader for Instagram™
Google Docs hors connexion

i have deleted cache and restart the navigator yesterday

Letylove49 aka Alicia
Darkelarious
Skilled
Personal rank: 333networks admin

Post by Darkelarious »

Shade wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:59 am And thanks everyone else for your feedback! I cant change API related stuff on my end, but your feedback doesnt go unnoticed. :tu:

So far I fixed some visual bugs that appeared after integrating the Server Browser in UT99.org.
Behind the scenes, @Shade and I have been working on some of the bugs and unexpected behaviour that you mentioned in this thread. A quick summary of the fixes and issues so far.
Shade wrote: - No wildcards for game type seem to be used: e.g. "MonsterhuntFix" or "MonsterhuntSB" are not listed.
They do now, as long as they have the word "Monsterhunt" in them.
Shade wrote: - The Deathmatch tab comes up empty
DeathMatchPlus. Silly me. Same fix as MH above^
Shade wrote: - Even on servers that are explicitly private, Requires Password is reported as Disabled (when that is obviously not the case)
This one is not fixable for now until I have more information on what servers do this. The api uses 333nw masterserver data, which means either the master missed this (different field name?) or that these servers have some 3rd party mod for this. More information required and keeping this open as bug report.
Shade wrote: - For individual servers it does not appear possible to use the Name, Frags, Ping etc tabs to sort from highest to lowest - clicking on the tab header has no effect (unlike with the in-game UBrowser or XBrowser).
This is possible, but it requires significant effort and string/data management, rather than listing the players in the order that the JSON API provides them. I considered it high effort/low reward and therefore didn't. If there is somebody with sufficient javascript/JQuery knowledge here, feel free to give it a shot. You can get the code through the page source, labelled unrealtournament.js.
Letylove49 wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:56 pm i have a bug : look the screenshot :
When discussing how to embed this server browser with Shade, I would normally advocate that it is good practice to outline your code to be readable. In this case, that introduced spaces and newlines between html tags. Browsers ignore double spaces, but the single space can just be enough to push the UBrowser tab, frame or even map thumbnail out of the frame and force it to be newlined. This was resolved by pasting the code as one, big, unreadable blob of text, without spaces between the tags. Not nice, but function over fashion.

Some browsers cache for faster loading times. Since the html code was changed, you will need to clear your cache and reload (Ctrl+Shift+R) for those changes to be visible. Try it and let us know whether that worked.

As always, if you have questions, issues or suggestions, feel free to share them here or in either the ut99.org or 333networks discord.
--Darkelarious
Masterserver | Discord Channel
Oh, and we still are ready to receive donations. The url works, right? It doesn't seem to be doing anything...
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Darkelarious wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:36 pm
Shade wrote: - Even on servers that are explicitly private, Requires Password is reported as Disabled (when that is obviously not the case)
This one is not fixable for now until I have more information on what servers do this. The api uses 333nw masterserver data, which means either the master missed this (different field name?) or that these servers have some 3rd party mod for this. More information required and keeping this open as bug report.
Thanks for your very full reply.

XBrowser reports that about 100 of the c480 UT servers are private/locked - I have no idea how accurate this is though the few I have tried have, indeed, required a password. So, for example, of the Assault servers running now, at least two have Private or Locked in the server name (and these are locked).

I don't suppose it really matters - it just means that not all the 'advertised' servers are public, just as not all the reported Players are actually players (human).
Letylove49
Adept

Post by Letylove49 »

the bug still for me.
if you can't fixe that i will look your browser with Edge because that work fine with this browser.

Letylove49 aka Alicia
Shade
Site Admin
Personal rank: Founder of UT99.org

Post by Shade »

Letylove49 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 12:04 am the bug still for me.
if you can't fixe that i will look your browser with Edge because that work fine with this browser.
Both Google Chrome and Edge are based on the same Chromium Browser engine. At that point I would suggest to deactivate all extensions in Google Chrome and try again, as Vanilla Google Chrome and Edge technically should have the same results.
UT99.org Discord Server: https://discord.gg/6CP2UjZ
UT Server Browser: https://ut99.org/servers
Letylove49
Adept

Post by Letylove49 »

the problem still with all the extension desabled.

Letylove49 aka Alicia
Darkelarious
Skilled

Post by Darkelarious »

Letylove49 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:16 pm the problem still with all the extension desabled.
In order to provide useful help, can you list all the things that you tried, how you tried it and what you expected to see? Ideally with screenshots and software versions. So far I have not been able to reproduce what you describe.
--Darkelarious
Oh, and we still are ready to receive donations. The url works, right? It doesn't seem to be doing anything...
Letylove49
Adept

Post by Letylove49 »

Darkelarious wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 6:34 pm
Letylove49 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:16 pm the problem still with all the extension desabled.
In order to provide useful help, can you list all the things that you tried, how you tried it and what you expected to see? Ideally with screenshots and software versions. So far I have not been able to reproduce what you describe.
i have tried to do the follow things:
update chrome
delete browser history
remove all the extensions

and i stilll got this :
chrome.jpg

here the result on Edge

ithe reslult should be like on Edge.
Attachments
Edge.jpg

Letylove49 aka Alicia
Darkelarious
Skilled

Post by Darkelarious »

Letylove49 wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 4:41 pm i have tried to do the follow things:
update chrome
delete browser history

and i stilll got this :
<attachments>
Does the problem exist for you as well on the 333networks ubrowser page? That page uses the same css/scripts.

https://ubrowser.333networks.com/ut/
--Darkelarious
Letylove49
Adept

Post by Letylove49 »

Darkelarious wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 10:08 pm
Letylove49 wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 4:41 pm i have tried to do the follow things:
update chrome
delete browser history

and i stilll got this :
<attachments>
Does the problem exist for you as well on the 333networks ubrowser page? That page uses the same css/scripts.

https://ubrowser.333networks.com/ut/
no that work fine on this site

Letylove49 aka Alicia
_21
Average

Post by _21 »

Super cool feature to have! I think this will help a lot for people to find servers. Thank you @Darkelarious!

I also have 2 usability bugs to report:

When you link a selected server, the selection is not visible on screen. servers#/utserv/85.215.164.168:53000
Would it be possible to have it scroll to selection? I think an `Element.scrollIntoView()` should do the trick!

Selection is changed to the first option when I sort by a different column. I would expect my selection to only change when I click on a different server.
cromy
Novice

Post by cromy »

Nice adding! :gj:
Let's rock!
:rocket2:
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Not sure if this the right place to post this but for the last couple of days the Server Browser and so the 333Networks masterserver has been incorrectly reporting the number of players on servers - currently the total number is negative (-27), which is impossible?

I now know why this is - a GauntletWarriors server is reported as having -106/20 players!!
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

OjitroC wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:26 am Not sure if this the right place to post this but for the last couple of days the Server Browser and so the 333Networks masterserver has been incorrectly reporting the number of players on servers - currently the total number is negative (-27), which is impossible?

I now know why this is - a GauntletWarriors server is reported as having -106/20 players!!
Did you report it to 333Networks?