Need increase attachment limit per post

Do you want to say something about UT99.org?
Buggie
Godlike

Need increase attachment limit per post

Post by Buggie »

Currently per post allowed only 10 attachments.
Because of that need split sshots into few posts, like this:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=14844
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=14857

I suggest increase it. Possible to value 30. Maybe more.
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Re: Need increase attachment limit per post

Post by UnrealGGecko »

It was already increased from what it was before (5 attachments, 2mb limit). Can't remember what the reason for the low limit was, probably just a low storage space for files.

Id say just use less screenshots in the meantime. Unless the map is huge and there's a reason for it, 10 screenshots should be more than enough. Alternatively use one of the picture sharing sites if there's a need for more.
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

Then be some twice posts. Not see any problem with that.
Third party sites for pictures lead for lost images with time. There already tons of UT forums with broken pictures just because images not stored anymore. So no, images must be on forum.
TankBeef
Masterful

Post by TankBeef »

UnrealGGecko wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:08 pm Unless the map is huge and there's a reason for it, 10 screenshots should be more than enough.
Exactly what I was thinking. And I would add...more screenshots means your post will take longer to load and it will look too crowded.
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

UnrealGGecko wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:08 pm10 screenshots should be more than enough
That's what I do: After I have seen two or three pics I scroll down to the next post.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

I too not fan of lot pictures in usual posts.
But if you introduce new map (or conversion) there must be enough pictures for see what is that.
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

An easy alternate way of getting all the screenshots you want, without needing more attachments, is to merge the images into 1.

But like others have said: 10 screenshots should be more than enough.
If the users want to see more, they can simply download the map to check it out by themselves.

One thing to remember is that screenshots of any work should act as a "preview", and not a full blown documentary about the work.
Like others have said, users quickly loose interest after a few screenshots, unless they are all outstanding screenshots (which is almost never the case).

You can also opt to do a video instead, with clips of every area you want to show off, reducing the entire topic screenshots footprint to one visual area.
If you host in youtube is highly unlikely that it will ever go down, unless a copyright violation is found, but which should not be a problem.

Or you can even do a mix of the two (like 1 video and 2 screenshots, for example).
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Again, if you host images elsewhere you can link them to your post and put as many in the post as you want... with no limit.

Same with attachments.

I use mediafire for files and literally every gallery on Livejournal lets you store up to 100GB of images.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758