DM-1on1-Xenode

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Diablo
Experienced
Personal rank: world's worst mapper

DM-1on1-Xenode

Post by Diablo »

So I made this cool spaceship arena map that kinda reminds me of Morbias. There was this one elusive 1on1 map (i forgot the name of the map, I just found it in my Maps folder, idk how it got there), which I had retextured and saved it a year ago. I came across the unfinished map a year later and I decided to finish my overhaul of it (not just a different look, but a better skybox, actual items, sound effects, and bot pathing)
xenode.png
Credit to whoever originally made the base map, I dont really know who made it, seeing that I didnt have the readme files or the original map a year later) but I assure you that this map is wayy different from what the original looked like.
Dont hate too much, but all criticism welcome
greetz :)
DM-1on1-Xenode.zip
(6.1 MiB) Downloaded 10 times
Last edited by Diablo on Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I am the Alpha and the Omega." -Xan Kriegor, 2341.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Re: DM-1on1-Xenode

Post by EvilGrins »

There's a DM-Xenode on UnrealArchive, but I checked and it's not the same map.

Looks good overall, except for the energy textures on those pylons being so uneven.
Attachments
Shot0028.png
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

You can delete Brush60 and Brush61 and align textures correctly on those "pillars".
SkyBox to me is way too "cubed".

Paths are mainly good, either way PathNode6 to PathNode3 can be connected in both directions - adjusting their places, PlayerStart9 is right near RocketPack1 - I'm not sure if it belongs to that spot, it's already a "PlayerStart8" closer. There are enough (16 PlayerStarts) for an "1on1" map.

As for some "Conventions" which no one cares now days, "1on1" map should not have a "PowerUp" giving advantage to one guy - it needs balance and it's based on skill not the spawning luck, see other old "1on1" maps.
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

sektor2111 wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 10:55 pm You can delete Brush60 and Brush61 and align textures correctly on those "pillars".
SkyBox to me is way too "cubed".

Paths are mainly good, either way PathNode6 to PathNode3 can be connected in both directions - adjusting their places, PlayerStart9 is right near RocketPack1 - I'm not sure if it belongs to that spot, it's already a "PlayerStart8" closer. There are enough (16 PlayerStarts) for an "1on1" map.

As for some "Conventions" which no one cares now days, "1on1" map should not have a "PowerUp" giving advantage to one guy - it needs balance and it's based on skill not the spawning luck, see other old "1on1" maps.

Just in case you don't know,, if you look up at the edit menu, goto search for actors.
Then you can see all the brush numbers and things in the map.

Find the ones he said, and double click, it will select the thing you want and put it in view to delete, or find the thing he was telling about.
Binary Space Partitioning