jumpboot respawn

Discussions about UT99
Tater
Average

jumpboot respawn

Post by Tater »

Does anyone know what causes boots to only have 1 use and not respawn? I have "doublejump" on my server and on a few maps the boots are 1 time use. They'll only do 1 jump, not doublejump, and they won't respawn. Armor, health, ammo, they all respawn fine. I just rebuilt a map in which they worked fine before. I removed all actors before starting except one player start and when I placed new ones I ran into this problem. I have seen it on other maps so it's not just me.
browndl
Skilled

Re: jumpboot respawn

Post by browndl »

@sektor2111 Would you have a good starting place to look for this?
UT99 DM-EchoCanyons:DM-WaterTreatment1565:DM-DSKilnWorks3993:DM-DSWashNDry:DM-DSRedDawn:DM-DSBacktoSchool:DM-DSTowerBridge:DM-DSDeadeyeCanyon:DM-DSSectionn8Refinery:DM-DeckardsRevenge:DM-DSStudio:DM-SniperTown:DM-ReturntotheKillingFields:DM-Wastelands:DM-TurboGen23:DM-LongForgotten:DOM-Dockside:CTF-enMakhana:CTF-UrbanSniper:CTF-CanyonWars:CTF-DSTowerBridge Unreal Badlands CiderTown UT99 Infiltration DM-INF-MagnumDocksDeluxe:DM-INF-MagnumDocks2:DM-INF-ReturntotheKillingFields:DM-INF-CityStorageLotA][:DM-INF-ColumbianDrugLord:EAS-INF-DS-RailBridge:DM-INF-ACityBlock:CTF-INF-SavageKillersHeadQuarters:CTF-INF-Capital:CTF-INF-ComplexB UT2003/04 DM-PineValley:DM-Koltoff:CTF-PawnsKeep:CTF-Ardimus Rainbow Six RavenShield AlleyStrike
Tater
Average

Post by Tater »

I've tracked it down to the super jump boots that's why it's affected online. Boots are loaded through the sop arena and if I remove that the normal boots work fine but it still doesn't explain why it works on some but not a few others.   
Auto merged new post submitted 3 hours 28 minutes later
It was the boots when put into the map. I put the unreal boots in. I changed them out for the tournament boots and alls fine with the world, (well that's a lie but at least the boots work).
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

On what map does this happen?

Designing boots that have only on jump and no respawn is easy:
Jumpboots_1x.jpg
"If Origin not in center it be not in center." --Buggie
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

DoubleJump and UT_JumpBoots are two different things - this is the main idea which you need to take in account.
As far as I know you can "double jump" without even to have any "JumpBoots".
The rest means mapping options - Sample: In MH-Andromeda(_whatever), player taking JumpBoots can jump all day long if he doesn't die...
and doing this without a DoubleJump.
Last edited by sektor2111 on Wed May 01, 2024 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tater
Average

Post by Tater »

I realize that they're different. I was just using the "DJ" as an example of something wrong. A reaction between the unreal boots and the superjump mod is what it was. Once I replaced the unreal boots with ut tournament boots problem solved.