Dealing with a persistent cheater

JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Re: Dealing with a persistent cheater

Post by JackGriffin »

My work is done here. If you replied to me about this I have sent you further information. Please don't PM me here, I hardly ever log in. Email me instead if you have any questions, etc.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
Pileyrei
Masterful
Personal rank: UT Survivor

Post by Pileyrei »

Roger that pink leader!

Our Server

[donate][/donate]
Donate to UT99.org!
TheDane
Masterful
Personal rank: Happy fool :-)

Post by TheDane »

JackGriffin wrote:My work is done here.
Don't make it sound so final :wink: If I ever get arround to beta stage of my mod I'm counting on you :tu:
Retired.
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

You've lost me for a bit my friend. Alexa just notified me of a package delivery today: I'd forgotten about pre-ordering the Oculus Rift S and they shipped yesterday. I'm seriously debating calling in sick (something I never do). Can't wait to play some VR. I even saw a post where you can play Unreal in it.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

Yes people have been playing Unreal in VR.
Hehe, I think Alice will be down the rabbit hole for a while.
It may be worth using that QAwareness mod by Qtit
bmUjn1t-Hk8
For extra immersion I would use the destructable lights mod, and maybe the footstep sounds mod (I think that 1 is by Great Emerald).

Bare in mind that you will get motion sick as first person shooters don't really work so well in VR due to it not matching what your legs are doing.
Driving and flying games tend to play better.
czero
Personal rank: bro

Post by czero »

JackGriffin wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 3:21 pm I'm retired from gaming but reading this really pissed me off. At the risk of pulling a ban on myself I'll offer making you a nuclear payload that will destroy the cheaters installed game in such a way that they will need to reinstall it to play again. It would be a 'last and final' option but you would have solid revenge.

You should think about this for a bit before responding. Actually implementing this would make both you and I the 'bad guys'. I'm fine with that because I just don't care one iota but you are an active server admin who will have destroyed a client's game. Further players will know you have that ability and will need to trust you. You'll also need to be EXTREMELY careful not to call the nuclear strike on the wrong player. Doing so and having the player complain to your gaming host would surely get you removed and likely banned.

If you are interested you know my email. I'm happy to talk about it with either of you.

(BTW, this pretty much goes against the spirit and ethos of this board and I understand if staff doesn't want it discussed)

Interesting! So you are planning to hack into the cheater's computer and cause some damage there.

Aren't we supposed to be the good guys?

Do you also realize that your actions might lead into legal trouble? Much more likely than cheater's actions.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Nobody has hacked anything, just making it inactive for a while.
Is cheating legit somehow ? I don't think so...

I know what is about but I won't say how does it work. Client cheater does what server says: STOP Cheating, And cheater is stopped out of any other issue.
If you are pleased: Don't cheat but you are cheating, the admin's answer it's in the same manner.

UnderNote: Cheater has gone being nicely demotivated.
Instead of talking about legit terms (I don't see anything legit at ATF mod and fake players) you can write an essay for cheaters trying to make them better and honest instead of doing what they do.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

This seems a little unusual for someone's 1st post to be...
czero wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:05 pmInteresting!
Dude, his post was from over a year ago... if he was gonna do that he would've already done it before 2020 even started.

Little late to be complaining about it now.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

He entered/joined to complain and bumping stinky cadaver topics.
MEAT
Adept
Personal rank: better then you...

Post by MEAT »

I think cheaters (UT99) are long gone.
UT Sniper (SJA94)
Inhuman
Personal rank: Retard

Post by UT Sniper (SJA94) »

MEAT wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:31 am I think cheaters (UT99) are long gone.
Wish that were true, just stay away from competitive cups, and things where money is involved, but even then you will still see some from time to time.
MEAT
Adept
Personal rank: better then you...

Post by MEAT »

UT Sniper (SJA94) wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:23 am
Wish that were true, just stay away from competitive cups, and things where money is involved, but even then you will still see some from time to time.
Competitive cups/money?
Hmm...might have to dust off my old sniper rifle :sniper1:
gargul2
Average

Post by gargul2 »

OMG What a stupid senseless statement, especially when the truth is oppostie. And I think Earth is flat. Do you have any proof or did you just come here to announce your stupid senseless statemens, or maybe you are one of them and you are just intentionally trolling and want to hide the cheaters, I'm asking because actually UT99 is full of botters and I rememer one with nick MEAT aimbotting recently.
UT Sniper (SJA94) wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:23 am you will still see some from time to time.
Even worse, cheaters play everyday on most public populated servers, they completely ruined the game and made it almost unplayable, if one like MEAT comes and stupidly says there are no cheaters in UT99, he must be a big noob or one of cheaters, as they always defend each other and they just troll.
Last edited by gargul2 on Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

gargul2 wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:17 pm
OMG What a stupid senseless statement, especially when the truth is oppostie. And I think Earth is flat. Do you have any proof or did you just come here to announce your stupid senseless statemens, or maybe you are one of them and you are just intentionally trolling and want to hide the cheaters, I'm asking because actually UT99 is full of botters and I rememer one with nick MEAT aimbotting recently.
UT Sniper (SJA94) wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:23 am you will still see some from time to time.
Not from time to time, cheaters play everyday on most public populated servers, they completely ruined the game and made it almost unplayable, if one like MEAT comes and stupidly says there are no cheaters in UT99, he must be a big NOOB or one of cheaters, as they always defend each other and they just troll.
Is this all you can do? Bump threads with profanity?
I locked your post and gave you your first official Warning.
gargul2
Average

Post by gargul2 »

papercoffee wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:24 pm Is this all you can do? Bump threads with profanity?
I locked your post and gave you your first official Warning.
Good, at least I don't come and say nonsenses like: "I think Earth is flat"...and if MEAT didn't say such nonsense, I wouldn't have to answer him...As for bumping the thread- the thread was already bumped by someone else, and just because I replied, it doesn't mean it was me who bumped the thread, especially given the fact I don't visit/read this forum everyday, in such situation is not nice to accuse me of being the one who bumped the thread.