XVehicles (Network play) (VCTF, VMH for UT99)

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!

How you play in XVehicles?

Multiplayer and local play
32%
Only Multiplayer
32%
Only local play
27%
Not play
9%

Total votes: 22

papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: XVehicles (Network play) (VCTF, VMH for UT99)

Post by papercoffee »

I don't know what's your issue ...it looks nice :ironic:
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Post by Gustavo6046 »

What I mean is, if you load CTF-XV-LavaGiant-v5 with XVehicles, and you look at the spawnpoints behind the bases, the bots are walking back and forth to the weapon lockers, not going anywhere. I don't know if it happens to you too. It's more easy to notice if you spawn normally, and tell your team to Attack their Base, and look at the AI teammates as they refuse to leave the weapon lockers behind your own base, What's up with that?
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

Turn off weapon replacement. On usual weapons bots here play normally.
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

If anyone want setup own server:

VCTF:
You not need add anything into server config at all.
It is just regular CTF with specific maps, where placed some stuff.
So all packages loaded by dependency from map.

MH:
Same as VCTF.

OFC maps must be properly mapped.
This mean:
VCTF maps contain XVehiclesCTF mutator/actor.
MH maps contain XVehiclesMH mutator/actor. + FixGunMutator.

If map not properly mapped, you can fix it, by add mention mutators to ServerActors or mutators. OFC need add packages for it to ServerPackages.

So fail-safe setup:
VCTF:

Code: Select all

ServerPackages=XVehicles
ServerPackages=XFastWarShell
ServerActors=XVehicles.XVehiclesCTF
MH:

ServerPackages=XVehicles
ServerPackages=FixGun
ServerActors=XVehicles.XVehiclesMH
ServerActors=FixGun.FixGunMutator

If you need many maps, you can download bundle of maps from moddb:
https://www.moddb.com/mods/xvehicles/addons
or from Github:
https://github.com/SeriousBuggie/XVehic ... TF-XV-Maps

If you use ACE and got "kicked because of suspicious activity was detected in your game's UnrealScript Engine", you need list all XVehicles packages in ACE config somewhere like [ACEv13b_S.ACEActor]
or [ACEv12_AutoConfig.ACEAutoConfigActor] (in UnrealTournament.ini or in ACE config files)
If this not help, then you need list all XVehicles packages in ServerPackages too.

You can read example of success story with ACE, here: https://eatsleeput.com/d/76-install-xve ... servers/18

Highly suggest install SmartStockBots mutator, set bots level to Masterful and change bot set.
Last edited by Buggie on Wed Jan 03, 2024 6:47 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Eternity
Skilled

Post by Eternity »

What possible issues should be expected if using this mutator with regular MH maps (such as vehicles spawned not in proper locations, and so on)?

If VMH map differs from regular one solely by placed inventory, then maybe changes done in VMH maps could also be done runtime, based on ini-defined settings, so that to not create another modified map version...
There already exist successful examples of such mutators that add or replace inventory according to per-map based profiles defined in ini-file.
This means, it is enough only to edit ini-file to add new properly supported map, without the need to compile and add new packages.
It could work in combination with automatic placer - if admin sees inventory locations chosen by an automatic algorithm are not good enough, then can override it by manual profile in ini-file.
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

XVehiclesMH not spawn vehicles anywhere. It is just setup some settings.

In general you can place Vehicles, and vehicles factories in runtime, but for good gameplay map need be reviewed. Possible increased count of monsters.
I already describe - you can not just drop on map vehicles and expect good result. For any gametype.
I not see any problem edit map instead of make edit, but not save actors and make weird runtime scripts for add it on runtime.

Auto placement almost impossible, because each map need review manually. Not enough able spawn vehicles. Need be possible proper use it. need count game flow and so on, or it be trash.
Eternity
Skilled

Post by Eternity »

Understood... This means, if we setup a server, it would only have a few maps now (until mappers create more).
Instead of automatic placer, alternative solution could be to let players place a vehicle factory in any location they want during gameplay, by some inventory similar to NW3 Oversurrector... In this case the only task remained for admin is to select the maps where it could be properly used.

Automatically merged

Problem is that mapping takes time, and if there are hundreds of maps - it is thousands of hours of precious human time, i can't imagine one person does this all alone. In general, it is always good if things (especially routine) can be automatized to free up a developer's time for more sophisticated tasks... If it can not be automatized, then can try to crowdsource/distribute the workload.
Maybe soon we will have an opportunity to utilize modern AI resources in solving such tasks as placing things on the map or building bot paths properly, with no need to correct anything manually. Until then, have to use available ways to save the time...
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

Yes. It is always need a lot manual work. As for now pure XVehicles UT server count 11 maps:
https://www.gametracker.com/server_info ... .101:7777/
7th-9th place on GT, even with 11 maps.
scr_1654232504.png
scr_1654232504.png (5.5 KiB) Viewed 691 times
I plan with time add at least 7 maps for XV MH.

Automatically merged

v33

- Support exit from vehicle on UTPure/IG+.
- Ignore warm up mode flags (PureFlag).
- Prevent use DriverWeapon without Vehicle. (Fix warm up mode which collect all weapons and give it to player.)
- Prevent again enter to vehicle if during exit hold crouch.
- Support display many flags on vehicle roof.
scr_1654236527.png
Update in first post: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=14936
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

v34

- Improve support high ping players.
- Prevent drive after game end.
- Prevent fire after game end.
- Prevent enter to vehicle after game end.
- Reduce heal power of FixGun (except MH).

Automatically merged

Eternity wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:58 am Problem is that mapping takes time, and if there are hundreds of maps - it is thousands of hours of precious human time, i can't imagine one person does this all alone. In general, it is always good if things (especially routine) can be automatized to free up a developer's time for more sophisticated tasks... If it can not be automatized, then can try to crowdsource/distribute the workload.
Maybe soon we will have an opportunity to utilize modern AI resources in solving such tasks as placing things on the map or building bot paths properly, with no need to correct anything manually. Until then, have to use available ways to save the time...
It is not about modern technologies. It is all about people.
NW3 technically quite possible almost all time, but only Ferali do something like that.
XVehicles - same.
MHGen - same.
And so on.

So I not believe in appearance new tech which able solve such kind of problems.
Need talented people who want put many efforts in such stuff.
Unfortunately forecast is not good in general. UT mostly not attract new players, so hard expect appear smart people who make awesome work here.
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

v35

- Fix flood in the log.
- Reduce some damage types for vehicles.
- Fix spectate vehicles on bugged UTPure/IG+/NewNet code.

Automatically merged

Recently be first PUG for XVehicles.
There some footage from it.
Blue team:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1495598521

Red team
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1495603187
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Question: Should I or shouldn't I put XV on this map?
https://unreal-games.livejournal.com/121054.html
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

EvilGrins wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:19 am Question: Should I or shouldn't I put XV on this map?
https://unreal-games.livejournal.com/121054.html
Yeah, why not?

Things to take into account :
1 Melee-only creatures like the qKnight and qDemon pose no threat to tanks (they cause no damage);

2 The SkaarjAssassinZombies pose no threat to tanks if the player keeps out of the very limited range of their 'projectiles' (their range is VERY limited) - they also spam LOADS of this error

Log: Glob MH-GardenOfDeath_Hell.Glob35 (Function UnrealShare.BioGel.Flying.HitWall:0035) PlayAnim: Sequence 'Hit' not found in Mesh 'bigchunk2'
Log: Glob MH-GardenOfDeath_Hell.Glob171 (Function UnrealShare.BioGel.Flying.BeginState:0088) LoopAnim: Sequence 'Flying' not found in Mesh 'bigchunk2'

3 Some of the counters seem a bit off;

4 Because of the limited number of spawnpoints and the regularity of the spawning, a player in a tank can sit back, as it were, and wait for close groups of monsters to spawn and then get rid of significant numbers in a single shot - I did this with the Barons, keeping out of range of their projectile as much as possible - perhaps changing the spawning pattern/frequency might make a difference - depends how important this is really.

As long as the numbers of monsters of any one type spawned is not too large, then this is a fun map - can be done by one player alone - no idea how multiple players would find it nor, indeed, how playing with bots would alter it (well, it would turn it into mayhem obviously - so depends how one wants to approach it and what one likes).

I played it for a while - upto the qDemons - by mutating in a GK-1.

If you do put XV in, don't forget to add the XVehicles MH mutator and the FixGun mutator (can't remember if the former adds the latter automatically).

Automatically merged

A couple more points :
1 The Doom minigun throws a lot of these errors

Log: DM_minigun MH-GardenOfDeath_Hell.DM_minigun1 (State UDoom.DM_minigun.Idle:0088) LoopAnim: Sequence 'Idle' not found in Mesh 'MiniGHUD'
Log: DM_minigun MH-GardenOfDeath_Hell.DM_minigun1 (Function UDoom.DM_minigun.PlayFiring:0053) PlayAnim: Sequence 'Shoot1' not found in Mesh 'MiniGHUD
(as does the Rocket Launcher) - default weapons code has been copied without having regard to the actual animations in the DM_Minigun mesh, so neither 'Idle' nor 'Shoot1' are in this mesh. These errors are easy to eliminate by amending the code to refer to 'Still' and 'Fire' respectively - though that of course alters the UDoom package and so an amended package can't be distributed publicly;

2 Giant Zombi - for all their insane default properties (10000000 Aggressiveness, 1000000 Skill anyone? Etc, etc) they are not particularly quick to react - try altering all the absurdly high values to something closer to the normal value range and see what happens;

3 In a tank it is possible to 'rush' to the end by triggering the qKnights (and possibly the SkaarjAssassinZombies) and then leaving a few and driving on, dealing only with the other creatures placed at intervals on the walls, since the next lot of monsters seems to be triggered by the previous counter(?). Not sure if it is possible or desirable to address this?;

4 Similarly if one does not leave a tank then one will be unaware of the creatures triggered by going to pick up the 'goodies' in the corner turrets;

5 You could replace the SkaarjAssassinZombie projectile by the qMummy projectile - the latter is similar but is based on the Stinger projectile and does not seem to throw any errors. The ProjectileSpeed property of the SAZ would need to be increased though by a reasonable amount to increase its range and thus make it more threatening.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Interesting, from the last time this came up I thought your only problem was there was no sniper type weapon on the map.
OjitroC wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:41 pmIn a tank it is possible to 'rush' to the end by triggering the qKnights (and possibly the SkaarjAssassinZombies) and then leaving a few and driving on, dealing only with the other creatures placed at intervals on the walls, since the next lot of monsters seems to be triggered by the previous counter(?). Not sure if it is possible or desirable to address this?;
Each counter needs to be expended before the next wave of monsters pops up, not counting the random ones up on the walls here and there, and especially because if you don't kill each wave and rush to the end the final teleport that takes you to the boss won't activate.
OjitroC wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:41 pmMelee-only creatures like the qKnight and qDemon pose no threat to tanks (they cause no damage);
They said that about a lot of the dinosaurs too, and the dinos still managed to damage the tanks.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

EvilGrins wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:11 pm Interesting, from the last time this came up I thought your only problem was there was no sniper type weapon on the map.
Oh! Don't remember that and nor can I find it - still, if one is playing with tanks then a sniper rifle becomes unimportant (from my point of view).
EvilGrins wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:11 pm Each counter needs to be expended before the next wave of monsters pops up, not counting the random ones up on the walls here and there, and especially because if you don't kill each wave and rush to the end the final teleport that takes you to the boss won't activate.
I see - that does indeed stop people rushing to the end!
EvilGrins wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:11 pm
OjitroC wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:41 pmMelee-only creatures like the qKnight and qDemon pose no threat to tanks (they cause no damage);
They said that about a lot of the dinosaurs too, and the dinos still managed to damage the tanks.
Indeed some dinos do indeed cause some damage to tanks - my comment on the qKnight and qDemon is based on observation - the most the qKnights do is prevent a tank from moving when they surround it in large numbers - same with the qDemons. It's up to you of course, I'm merely passing on what I observe.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

OjitroC wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:50 pmI see - that does indeed stop people rushing to the end!
Had a chat about that on Fuzzy's forum. Apparently they still do...they just can't do much of anything when they get down there.