LMS Classic

Discussions about Coding and Scripting
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

LMS Classic

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

So...I thought of making LMS Classic just mostly for myself because I like how LMS was done originally, without weapons being destroyed and you not spawning with all the weapons, in botpack 220/221.

So I made a new game called LMSClassic, weel LMSClassic.LastManStandingClassic and I was happy at first, but then it didn't display in the menu instead there was a Last Man Standing duplicate somehow...but nevermind that I ignored it, but then when I did addbots 6, all the bots had 0 lives and when i killed one I automatically won the game...

what the fck?

Automatically merged

I never ever wrote a gametype for plain ut, so I have no clue about any quirks or limitations that obviously are in place compared to Unreal. I mean like it gets confused just because it also starts with "lastmanstanding" the gametype or what. I didn't realize that would be the case with the ut menu. I'll try to rename it/recompile it from scratch and see what happens.

Automatically merged

I renamed it and recompiled from scratch and somehow that fixed itself....Don't ask me really.
Dennis
Average

Re: LMS Classic

Post by Dennis »

Leo(T.C.K.) wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 11:01 am So...I thought of making LMS Classic just mostly for myself because I like how LMS was done originally, without weapons being destroyed and you not spawning with all the weapons, in botpack 220/221.

So I made a new game called LMSClassic, weel LMSClassic.LastManStandingClassic and I was happy at first, but then it didn't display in the menu instead there was a Last Man Standing duplicate somehow...but nevermind that I ignored it, but then when I did addbots 6, all the bots had 0 lives and when i killed one I automatically won the game...

what the fck?

Automatically merged

I never ever wrote a gametype for plain ut, so I have no clue about any quirks or limitations that obviously are in place compared to Unreal. I mean like it gets confused just because it also starts with "lastmanstanding" the gametype or what. I didn't realize that would be the case with the ut menu. I'll try to rename it/recompile it from scratch and see what happens.

Automatically merged

I renamed it and recompiled from scratch and somehow that fixed itself....Don't ask me really.
Did you create an .int file for your gamestyle?

there you control what name will look like in game, like this:
[Public]
Object=(Name=LastSniperStanding.LastSniperStanding,Class=Class,MetaClass=Botpack.TournamentGameInfo)
Preferences=(Caption="Last Sniper standing",Parent="Game Types",Class=LastSniperStanding.LastSniperStanding,Immediate=True)
Where Caption= would be the game name displayed in game selection?
Fraggers hangout place: http://fraggers.online/
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

Yea I thought that would be enough but no...somehow because the "GameName" field had entry Last Man Standing, it confused it.
But still I have no idea about the odd behavior when adding bots onto the game...but either way its been fixed I might even upload later both the wrong version and the correct one so you see what happens. It gets to be a bit quirky, also no idea why that variable is not a config one in the first place.

Never had this happen with plain Unreal. Previously I only created gametypes for UT that didn't need to appear in the botmatch/practice session so I had no clue it was that sensitive.
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

Since I released this in a separate thread, I will post also the "bugged" version I talked about here, just for reference.

broken version download