Help server creation

Discussions about Servers
kill3ill88
Novice

Help server creation

Post by kill3ill88 »

Hello everyone,

I'm new here, i just updated the last patch 469c in my game and i'd like to create a dedicated serveron my local machine. Could someone tell me what i have to do ?
Thanks for your help
KB :)
loveut99
Novice

Re: Help server creation

Post by loveut99 »

Welcome to the forum! What game type are you planning to run? For a basic CTF server, for example (and assuming you're using Windows), you could create a batch file like this:

Code: Select all

@echo off
ucc server CTF-Face?game=BotPack.CTFGame?MaxPlayers=10 -log=server.log
copy server.log servercrash.log
Double-clicking this batch file would spin up a 10 player CTF server that you could connect to. If you want additional mods you'd need to make a few more edits, either to this command line or your UnrealTournament.ini file. Most mods include a readme.txt file with instructions for doing this.
kill3ill88
Novice

Post by kill3ill88 »

Hello loveut99,

Thanks for your reply. Sorry, i'm noob at it. I tried to run a server with game menu and opened ports in my router, but noway. btw, how do u do that batch file? Do i have copy it in a text file or smthg like that?
Sorry for my noob lvl,
Pikko
Skilled
Personal rank: Old ClanMan

Post by Pikko »

kill3ill88 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:25 pm Hello loveut99,

Thanks for your reply. Sorry, i'm noob at it. I tried to run a server with game menu and opened ports in my router, but noway. btw, how do u do that batch file? Do i have copy it in a text file or smthg like that?
Sorry for my noob lvl,
Hi. just open UT99/system.find the file-RunServer.bat. Open it and put ex.what loveut99 wrote.
kill3ill88
Novice

Post by kill3ill88 »

Thanks for ur reply Pikko. How can i put it ? It seems i can't copy and paste or write smthg inthere?
Do i have to open it with an text editor? And how i launch it?
KB   
Auto merged new post submitted 27 minutes later
Ok i just got it. I opened it with text editor. Btw, why i can't see it online (i mean in internet servers) and only local ? And what is the line for DM server?

Thanks for your help guys,
KB
Pikko
Skilled
Personal rank: Old ClanMan

Post by Pikko »

kill3ill88 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:43 pm Thanks for ur reply Pikko. How can i put it ? It seems i can't copy and paste or write smthg inthere?
Do i have to open it with an text editor? And how i launch it?
KB
Use: Edit - and then paste in your new text. Save/Close. Double click on the file. You can add more in there aswell such as Mutators etc. You can PM me if you need more help or use Discord. :D
Que
Inhuman
Personal rank: ...

Post by Que »

kill3ill88 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:11 pmOk i just got it. I opened it with text editor. Btw, why i can't see it online (i mean in internet servers) and only local ? And what is the line for DM server?

Thanks for your help guys,
KB
Google "Port Forwards UT99"
*Join our Discord Here.*
Our mods - MVX , SSB , SmartWFL , UTCmds , BotCommands , Smart Stats , join/leave announcer , NoSmoke , UTLogin , BrightSkins , Server Tran…
*Our Servers
GhostIntern
Novice
Personal rank: watmen

Post by GhostIntern »

Is it possible to make the server open and accessible to other players through the game interface, or is it necessary to do it only through the file system? Ps links or detailed description is welcome