UnrealArchive.org

Share interesting stuff you have found or created yourself.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Re: UnrealArchive.org

Post by EvilGrins »

So...
https://unrealarchive.org/maps/unreal-t ... 3194d.html

...who is "Wraith EvilGrins"?

I get that as I credit the original mapper for the selection window it combined my name with the original mapper's name, but that's still weird.

Mildly amusing "Nelsona" winds up listed under Player Count.

It also doesn't list all Required Files.

Added Later:
Uhm...
https://unrealarchive.org/maps/unreal-t ... f02eb.html
...why is my name on that one?

Is there another EvilGrins??

Also...
Why is my name NOT on this one?
https://unrealarchive.org/skins/unreal- ... 63847.html
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

EvilGrins wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:55 am
Also...
Why is my name NOT on this one?
https://unrealarchive.org/skins/unreal- ... 63847.html
I noticed that and have raised an issue on GitHub about it.

Shrimp's parser will read author info from Map LevelInfo and from Readmes - with your skin there is no indication of who the author is.

With MountainBase, there is nothing in the Readme nor in the LevelInfo to suggest that you are the author. You could report this as a problem using the link at the bottom of the map page.

With WaterGiant, presumably the parser will just read what it finds in IdealPlayerCount which is "pathed by Nelsona · 20" - again you could report it on GitHub as a problem - and any missing dependencies which are not default UT files.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Usually you should not take in serious that info. Not a single time there were "lulus", imagine something like a pig flying - if you see such thing you'll definitely need some sleep... Some of that content I cannot name them Maps disregarding the rest of opinions pointed by n00bs, missing packages, MyLevel, extra-crap useless for said map*, A.I. support = NO when actually it worked flawless and it has no lost ReachSpecs data - demonstrating nicely that for Bot Support PathNodes are not mandatory everywhere.
When I wrote html files for MapVote on purpose to gain some "MapInfo", everything was written manually after inspecting map in human format with eyes. By example CTF-Glacier][-CE105 or how was called, perhaps it's claimed improved and has Bot Support. In reality it's just a funky edit with NO actual -CTF Bot Support- and dumb combos heading nowhere.
A little proof:
XC_"PathsWorker" wrote: XC_Counter: Total ReachSpecs found = 7451
XC_Counter: Looking for properties...
XC_Counter: Map has 2759 normal paths and 4692 pruned paths.
If a cow is Holy I can say: Holy Cow ! Hooligans asking: Useless ? Radio Erevan responding: No, it's just for invisible design... :loool: Image.
PathsChecker wrote: FlagBase0: Searching...
FlagBase0: Route Not Found from PlayerStart1...
FlagBase1: Searching...
FlagBase1: Route Not Found from PlayerStart1...
FlagBase0: Searching...
FlagBase0: Route Not Found from PlayerStart2...
FlagBase1: Route Not Found from PlayerStart2...
FlagBase0: Route Not Found from PlayerStart3...
FlagBase1: Route Not Found from PlayerStart3...
//etc
FlagBase0: Route Not Found from PlayerStart31...
FlagBase1: Route Not Found from PlayerStart31...
Even if we would have "PlayerStart127" there is no route to the main CTF goal - THE Stupid FLAG. And Combos were done by some "Let me guess" guy - I think he never read what Polge was writing because has was an alpha male knowing everything but not too much about Pathing and ZERO knowledge about internal Paths/upStreamPaths/PrunedPaths arrays - and the rest... because more technical info was never provided, and neither checked.
Maybe a future CTF controller (469d ?) will hunt a nearby node and redirecting Bot in that spot... Who knows ?

Short self note: Such Map-Info should be granted by a BUILDER from Editor delivering accurate data - like in XXI century and year 2023:
Bot Support: 0%, 15%, 70%, 100%. Exactly, DM-HyperBlast has FULL A.I. access to all goals - 100%, and others too...
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Looks like UA system really doesn't like the · symbol as well, and can do some funky stuff sometimes :mrgreen:
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

UnrealGGecko wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:17 pm Just a txt file which combines multiple author names into one. So say if the author used multiple names or mistyped it in a map, it can be labeled into one.
Explained in this post: viewtopic.php?p=127539#p127539

And they go here:
https://github.com/unreal-archive/unrea ... er/authors
I forgot to ask ... how do I implement it there?
I've never used github.
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Im not too good at it either, think Shrimp or those who have write permission has to put it in.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Shrimp wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:18 am - implement author aliases. these are managed in the Git repo as simple text files, with the first entry being the name of the author to use, with the others being grouped under that. See https://github.com/unreal-archive/unrea ... er/authors for examples.
Somehow it isn't really working ...when I search "papercoffee" I get only a few of my maps ...when I search "JoKeR" which is my pen name for art and not UT related stuff I got the former maps and the others as well.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

papercoffee wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:50 am
Somehow it isn't really working ...when I search "papercoffee" I get only a few of my maps ...when I search "JoKeR" which is my pen name for art and not UT related stuff I got the former maps and the others as well.
It doesn't change the author name in the map info - it groups pappercoffee and JoKeR together for the Browse by Author entries (except it doesn't do that either - at least at the moment).
Shrimp
Adept

Post by Shrimp »

There's a bug with the aliases at the moment, where it's messing up the mapping, because there's "papercoffee", "joker", and "joker aka papercoffee", so it gets confused as to who you are.

Its in the middle of some other refactoring so you'll have to hang on a bit more for the fix.
ShrimpWorks
Unreal Archive - preserving over 25 years of user-created content for the Unreal series!
Shrimp
Adept

Post by Shrimp »

I dunno how or where else to communicate this, but if someone here is uploading all the Unreal (the whole SP campaign?!) and UT stock maps and content, as well as patch and bonus pack content, perhaps in some attempt to "preserve" the games now that they're delisted - please stop it.

These will not be added (and I have to potentially throw out some other content in your submissions because there's just too much to go through by hand and manually sort the interesting things from the stock files), and will be removed if they do make it through.
ShrimpWorks
Unreal Archive - preserving over 25 years of user-created content for the Unreal series!
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

This might be a little too graphic for some · https://unrealarchive.org/authors/demon-alcohol.html
darksonny
Adept

Post by darksonny »

One petition to shrimp

1) Hability to search what stuff were published by year
2) Hability to get back to previous page I was visiting earlier after I clicked a photo from a map/mut/etc. Its very annoying to force manually get back x times to back button from webrowser (firefox, chrome, whatever....) for each photos I clicked on, to to get finally the previous page I was reviewing

thanks!
Shrimp
Adept

Post by Shrimp »

Update on the search, following some OjitroC feedback. There's now a "Advanced Search Help" option on the search page.

Clicking that will open up some advanced search syntax example information which can be used to narrow or expand your searches. Hopefully also helps with finding partial matches of things you can't remember the full names of, and stuff like that.
ShrimpWorks
Que
Inhuman
Personal rank: ...

Post by Que »

uploaded 3 different packages for a Map Cheops... delete the first two and go with DM-Cheops][ please mate
*Join our Discord Here.*
Our mods - MVX , SSB , SmartWFL , UTCmds , BotCommands , Smart Stats , join/leave announcer , NoSmoke , UTLogin , BrightSkins , Server Tran…
*Our Servers