Unreal Tournament 469

Discussions about UT99
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Re: Unreal Tournament 469

Post by Feralidragon »

At this point it would just be best to close this thread with a link towards the new one, and moderate only that one to ensure that reports and such are really done at the proper location.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

During this time I'll show you something for lecturing:

Code: Select all

if( ParseCommand(&Str,TEXT("LEVEL")) )
	{
		if( ParseCommand(&Str,TEXT("REDRAW")) )
		{
			RedrawLevel(Level);
			return 1;
		}
		else if( ParseCommand(&Str,TEXT("LINKS")) )
		{
			Results->Text.Empty();
			int Internal=0,External=0;
			Results->Logf( TEXT("Level links:\r\n") );
			for( int i=0; i<Level->Actors.Num(); i++ )
			{
				if( Cast<ATeleporter>(Level->Actors(i)) )
				{
					ATeleporter& Teleporter = *(ATeleporter *)Level->Actors(i);
					Results->Logf( TEXT("   %s\r\n"), Teleporter.URL );
					if( appStrchr(*Teleporter.URL,'//') )
						External++;
					else
						Internal++;
				}
			}
			Results->Logf( TEXT("End, %i internal link(s), %i external.\r\n"), Internal, External );
			return 1;
		}
		else if( ParseCommand(&Str,TEXT("VALIDATE")) )
		{
			// Validate the level.
			Results->Text.Empty();
			Results->Log( TEXT("Level validation:\r\n") );

// Make sure it's not empty.
			if( Level->Model->Nodes.Num() == 0 )
			{
				Results->Log( TEXT("Error: Level is empty!\r\n") );
				return 1;
			}

// Find playerstart.
			for( INT i=0; i<Level->Actors.Num(); i++ )
				if( Cast<APlayerStart>(Level->Actors(i)) )
					break;
			if( i == Level->Actors.Num() )
			{
				Results->Log( TEXT("Error: Missing PlayerStart actor!\r\n") );
				return 1;
			}

// Make sure PlayerStarts are outside.
			for( i=0; i<Level->Actors.Num(); i++ )
			{
				if( Cast<APlayerStart>(Level->Actors(i)) )
				{
					FCheckResult Hit(0.0);
					if( !Level->Model->PointCheck( Hit, NULL, Level->Actors(i)->Location, FVector(0,0,0), 0 ) )
					{
						Results->Log( TEXT("Error: PlayerStart doesn't fit!\r\n") );
						return 1;
					}
				}
			}

// Check scripts.
			if( GEditor && !GEditor->CheckScripts( GWarn, UObject::StaticClass(), *Results ) )
			{
				Results->Logf( TEXT("\r\nError: Scripts need to be rebuilt!\r\n") );
				return 1;
			}

// Check level title.
			if( Level->GetLevelInfo()->Title==TEXT("") )
			{
				Results->Logf( TEXT("Error: Level is missing a title!") );
				return 1;
			}
			else if( Level->GetLevelInfo()->Title==TEXT("Untitled") )
			{
				Results->Logf( TEXT("Warning: Level is untitled\r\n") );
			}

// Check actors.
			for( i=0; i<Level->Actors.Num(); i++ )
			{
				AActor* Actor = Level->Actors(i);
				if( Actor )
				{
					guard(CheckingActors);
					check(Actor->GetClass()!=NULL);
					check(Actor->GetStateFrame());
					check(Actor->GetStateFrame()->Object==Actor);
					check(Actor->Level!=NULL);
					check(Actor->GetLevel()!=NULL);
					check(Actor->GetLevel()==Level);
					check(Actor->GetLevel()->Actors(0)!=NULL);
					check(Actor->GetLevel()->Actors(0)==Actor->Level);
					unguardf(( TEXT("(%i %s)"), i, Actor->GetFullName() ));
				}
			}

// Success.
			Results->Logf( TEXT("Success: Level validation succeeded!\r\n") );
			return 1;
		}
		else
		{
			return 0;
		}
	}
Let me guess, this doesn't work for everyone not only for me.
I think Level validation it's important, you should be aware that bad Playerstart actors are trouble makers during game. I adapted this check to UScript in MapGarbage because no one did anything here - not even in UGold, at least I can see if here are problems or not. Question: Why this wasn't fixed ?
Diego_HoF
Experienced
Personal rank: HoF Admin

Post by Diego_HoF »

Already remove DirectX 10 but still same problems, so it wasn't that atleast
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

Neon_Knight wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:15 pm Hai! Just passing to tell non-English native speakers that the OldU 227 localization project is now adapted to accept UT99 v469 translations as well.

The .int templates and .est support is already there (only Rocket Arena and Chaos UT are missing), and Hellkeeper began translating .frt. But if anybody wants to contribute, you're more than welcome!
For not lost files and my messages from Discord I duplicate it here, because my account for wiki not approved yet.

I generate *.rut from *.int files. Of course it is dirty template, which need manual review. I even do not mess with placeholders because it is useless - in any case need manual review.
Also I add comment before each changed line with original EN line.

Examples:
scr_1607205681.png
scr_1607205681.png (2.74 KiB) Viewed 1509 times
scr_1607205768.png
scr_1607205768.png (10.2 KiB) Viewed 1509 times
If you have an account on the OldUnreal Wiki, you can copypaste there.
I looked at what's going on on the wiki and I have a few comments on this:

1. These are all templates. It is not always possible to load them directly. But they can be very helpful in translating.

2. I have little idea how this heap of wiki pages turns into real files. Perhaps you should use something more appropriate than a wiki. For example: https://www.oneskyapp.com/
But too much work has already been done for you to go so easily. But it might still be worth considering this possibility.

3. I definitely won't do translations. I may one day generate a translation template. This concludes my work. I will not even load 140+ files manually into your (extremely inconvenient system) for each language.
Seriously. It smacks of masochism. And you very much slow down and complicate the translation by all this.
To make a translation into one language takes about a week of unhurried work. There are 3453 different text lines. If you know the language and have my template, then it is quite possible to make a complete translation in one full day.
From your wiki, this will take an incredibly long time simply due to the inconvenience of the system itself. You will be fighting the wiki most of the time, not translating.
And I have no idea how it can be tested. It's very good if the admins have some scripts that I can extract everything and they regularly upload snapshots somewhere.

4. I see 12 languages. I can make templates for all of them. Regardless of the current translation progress. Maybe this will help someone.
SystemLocalized.rar
Templates for all 12 langs.
(934.33 KiB) Downloaded 32 times
rjmno1
Masterful
Personal rank: masterfull
Location: https://sites.google.com/view/unrealtou ... oject/home

Post by rjmno1 »

When you take the shieldbeld, the skins are looking diferent then normal.It doesnt look like the originall game.Thats in 469 b patch.
unreal tournament 99
®
ImageImage
https://sites.google.com/view/unrealtou ... oject/home mine home ut99 website.
https://richardmoust105.blogspot.com/20 ... ef-in.html dutch blog page about ut99 settings.
TankBeef
Masterful

Post by TankBeef »

rjmno1 wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:24 pm When you take the shieldbeld, the skins are looking diferent then normal.It doesnt look like the originall game.Thats in 469 b patch.
rjmno1, I recommend reporting at github, most of my issues either got fixed in 469b or are scheduled to be fixed in 469c. https://github.com/OldUnreal/UnrealTour ... hes/issues
That said, would you mind posting some screenshots to see what the difference is?
Neon_Knight
Adept

Post by Neon_Knight »

Too late, but whatever...
Buggie wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:03 pm
Neon_Knight wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:15 pm Hai! Just passing to tell non-English native speakers that the OldU 227 localization project is now adapted to accept UT99 v469 translations as well.

The .int templates and .est support is already there (only Rocket Arena and Chaos UT are missing), and Hellkeeper began translating .frt. But if anybody wants to contribute, you're more than welcome!
For not lost files and my messages from Discord I duplicate it here, because my account for wiki not approved yet.

I generate *.rut from *.int files. Of course it is dirty template, which need manual review. I even do not mess with placeholders because it is useless - in any case need manual review.
Also I add comment before each changed line with original EN line.

Examples:
scr_1607205681.png
scr_1607205768.png
If you have an account on the OldUnreal Wiki, you can copypaste there.
I looked at what's going on on the wiki and I have a few comments on this:

1. These are all templates. It is not always possible to load them directly. But they can be very helpful in translating.

2. I have little idea how this heap of wiki pages turns into real files. Perhaps you should use something more appropriate than a wiki. For example: https://www.oneskyapp.com/
But too much work has already been done for you to go so easily. But it might still be worth considering this possibility.

3. I definitely won't do translations. I may one day generate a translation template. This concludes my work. I will not even load 140+ files manually into your (extremely inconvenient system) for each language.
Seriously. It smacks of masochism. And you very much slow down and complicate the translation by all this.
To make a translation into one language takes about a week of unhurried work. There are 3453 different text lines. If you know the language and have my template, then it is quite possible to make a complete translation in one full day.
From your wiki, this will take an incredibly long time simply due to the inconvenience of the system itself. You will be fighting the wiki most of the time, not translating.
And I have no idea how it can be tested. It's very good if the admins have some scripts that I can extract everything and they regularly upload snapshots somewhere.

4. I see 12 languages. I can make templates for all of them. Regardless of the current translation progress. Maybe this will help someone.

SystemLocalized.rar
In the end, I've decided to go in a different path: considering help is at an all-time low in this area (and certainly the disheartening and demotivating "people should play in english" messages DO a lot to repel a lot of potential contributors, whether it's their intention to do so or not), I've decided to use both Github and the Wiki, so if one wants to help via Github they're welcome to do so, and if they want to help via Wiki they're also welcome to do so.

That said, and although they have quite a lot of errors, your templates are the base of the whole project, so thank you so much for them! In fact they helped me a lot to spot errors on the Spanish localization as well!
OldUnreal U1v227/UTv469 Localization Project coordinator/spanish language maintainer - Unreal Wiki
ProTip 1: anybody using the phrase "I'm a True Fan and You're Not!" is an obnoxious, self-centered, egotistical, elitist, narcissist douchebag.
ProTip 2: anybody who uses the "Royal We" when making a demand wants to pass their own opinion as everyone else's.
ProTip 3: Only the people that do nothing but criticize don't make mistakes. Do things. Make mistakes. Learn from them. And screw those who do nothing but throw poison and criticize.
ProTip 4: If the Duke Nukem Forever fiasco wasn't enough of a lesson, perfectionism leads to nothing positive. Don't be afraid of releasing a buggy product. Even the most polished product has its flaws.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

rjmno1 wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:24 pm When you take the shieldbeld, the skins are looking diferent then normal.It doesnt look like the originall game.Thats in 469 b patch.
papercoffee wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:41 pm AND EVEN THE MOST IMPORTANT:

Bug Reports are entered here!!

This thread is not the place for complains and reporting issues. All of this belongs into the list of bugs on github.
[rev]rato.skt
Adept

Post by [rev]rato.skt »

Hi guy,

would it be possible to increase the amount of audio taunt the game supports by creating a voice pack?

currently if I'm not mistaken UnrealEd supports 84 fields to add audios...
Brazilian Server:
Alma Negra - 34.95.189.187:7777
Classic - madruga.utbr.cf:7777
Duel - x1.utbr.cf:6666
esnesi
Godlike
Personal rank: Dialed in.

Post by esnesi »

[rev]rato.skt wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:49 am Hi guy,

would it be possible to increase the amount of audio taunt the game supports by creating a voice pack?

currently if I'm not mistaken UnrealEd supports 84 fields to add audios...
The page mentioned above in huge/bold is also for requests or wishes.
[rev]rato.skt
Adept

Post by [rev]rato.skt »

I noticed a strange thing, with unrealistic in the previous version when you use the voice pack, one audio cancels out the other, and with the 469b path when using the voice pack and the sound is a little longer, one audio is above the other receiving 2 audios at the same time, I would like to know if there is a way to configure it or if it is a bug of the 469b version, if it is bug I will report it on github...
Brazilian Server:
Alma Negra - 34.95.189.187:7777
Classic - madruga.utbr.cf:7777
Duel - x1.utbr.cf:6666
chat sniper
Novice

Post by chat sniper »

Hi. I just installed 4.69b, and I'm stuck in spectator regardless of what I set my team to in the player menu. How can I change team in order to play..? Just single player offline practice mode.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

There where you set up your player, skin and voice, is the "play as spectator" checked?
chat sniper
Novice

Post by chat sniper »

I have a follow-up question: did the 4.69b update make me blind by any chance?
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

Nah, it's that people tend to tweak settings and explore menus after applying the patch to check what's new and fixed, so you may have simply misclicked the spectator check in the player view, and since the patch was the last major change you remember doing, you attributed the problem to it, and didn't remember checking that check. :)

Just the human condition at work here, perfectly normal stuff, happens to everyone. :tu: