Random insane concepts for mutators!

Search, find and discuss about Mutators!
Pileyrei
Masterful
Personal rank: UT Survivor

Re: Random insane concepts for mutators!

Post by Pileyrei »

Yeah that UMOD was the last file "they" gave me and you get the idea of how it all works. Definitely room for improvement.
The transitions to the next map could be smoother and the general workings of the mod improved but at the time I was just shocked that they made it happen!

Just tried again and really enjoyed it.
Good times.

Our Server

[donate][/donate]
Donate to UT99.org!
Pileyrei
Masterful

Post by Pileyrei »

sektor2111 wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 8:23 pm A mutator leaving you unarmed when you spam chat, and even naked - no clothes and no shoes :lol2: .
Ghandi mode was something in a mutator where by a player would be punished by having no weapons. Any weapon picked up would be auto dropped.

I actually floated the idea of an admin mod where you could do the same plus put predefined words in the chat box if they tried to speak.
So for example, a player tries to say FU ADMIN or similar - the chat box says "I love ut99.org" or "Im a little girl" etc. You could config the answers.
The idea was to do it to problem players or cheaters you had problem banning. They just ran around with no weapons and nothing to say.

But my idea got shot down as not being good for the game :?

Our Server

[donate][/donate]
Donate to UT99.org!
Pileyrei
Masterful

Post by Pileyrei »

OjitroC wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 11:36 pm
TankBeef wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 9:44 pm Oh man, this is the only map available for this? :? I am thirsty!!!
It would be even cooler if one could choose the dm maps to play, put them on a map list.
It certainly seems to be the only map - I haven't come across another one.
Yeah it was the only one they created for testing. Remember, it has a few maps in it - not just one :)

Our Server

[donate][/donate]
Donate to UT99.org!
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Pileyrei wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 7:54 pm Yeah it was the only one they created for testing. Remember, it has a few maps in it - not just one :)
From memory, it's got four 'segments', two of which are not from stock UT maps and that I don't recall seeing in a larger form so presumably those two 'parts' were made specially for the mod?

Could be good if someone could code it so one defined four or five maps in a list and then these were played in order with the quickmatch mod - dong the waiting and spectating would be challenging I would think if, indeed, that were possible.
Pileyrei
Masterful

Post by Pileyrei »

OjitroC wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 8:02 pm
Pileyrei wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 7:54 pm Yeah it was the only one they created for testing. Remember, it has a few maps in it - not just one :)
From memory, it's got four 'segments', two of which are not from stock UT maps and that I don't recall seeing in a larger form so presumably those two 'parts' were made specially for the mod?

Could be good if someone could code it so one defined four or five maps in a list and then these were played in order with the quickmatch mod - dong the waiting and spectating would be challenging I would think if, indeed, that were possible.
Nice ideas. I guess one idea would be to let teh first player who "wins" a map go the second map to stock up on health and ammo. Then once the second player "wins" or hits the required frags, everyone gets taken to the next map. Just random thoughts. I have no UT coding experience. The readme in the umod file I uploaded has some instructions.

Our Server

[donate][/donate]
Donate to UT99.org!
BL Ticklemonster
Personal rank: Very Rank, trust me

Post by BL Ticklemonster »

Good to see good old Pileyrei still around.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

BL Ticklemonster wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:00 am Good to see good old Pileyrei still around.
Welcome to the forum.
Next time please avoid posting in threads which are older than a year.
We usually turn a blind eye on this when there is useful content added or someone noticed that a link isn't working any more.

I hope Pileyrei is still around haven't heard from him in a while.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

papercoffee wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:38 pmI hope Pileyrei is still around haven't heard from him in a while.
According to his stats, he was here last month.
papercoffee wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:38 pmNext time please avoid posting in threads which are older than a year.
But I'd be cool with bringing life back to this thread.

So, howabout a mutator that makes short teddy bears attack campers? Be handy for LMS.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Que
Inhuman
Personal rank: ...

Post by Que »

How about a mod which detects if player is afk or typing
And makes player invincible whilst in this mode.
If they move or fire then it disables itself.
*Join our Discord Here.*
Our mods - MVX , SSB , SmartWFL , UTCmds , BotCommands , Smart Stats , join/leave announcer , NoSmoke , UTLogin , BrightSkins , Server Tran…
*Our Servers
esnesi
Godlike
Personal rank: Dialed in.

Post by esnesi »

Que wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:23 am invincible
invincible or invisible?
Que
Inhuman

Post by Que »

invincible :) so others can shoot them but they dont budge.. could also have an option for invisibility.
*Join our Discord Here.*
Our mods - MVX , SSB , SmartWFL , UTCmds , BotCommands , Smart Stats , join/leave announcer , NoSmoke , UTLogin , BrightSkins , Server Tran…
*Our Servers
ProAsm
Skilled

Post by ProAsm »

Que wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:23 am How about a mod which detects if player is afk or typing
There would have to be a time delay, say 5 secs before this kicks in else every Tom, Dick and Harry will always make out they typing to prevent death.
Neon_Knight
Adept

Post by Neon_Knight »

One that spawns a Redeemer missile on top of the camper. It makes them explode... and the explosion doesn't kill anybody else but campers and AFKers.
OldUnreal U1v227/UTv469 Localization Project coordinator/spanish language maintainer - Unreal Wiki
ProTip 1: anybody using the phrase "I'm a True Fan and You're Not!" is an obnoxious, self-centered, egotistical, elitist, narcissist douchebag.
ProTip 2: anybody who uses the "Royal We" when making a demand wants to pass their own opinion as everyone else's.
ProTip 3: Only the people that do nothing but criticize don't make mistakes. Do things. Make mistakes. Learn from them. And screw those who do nothing but throw poison and criticize.
ProTip 4: If the Duke Nukem Forever fiasco wasn't enough of a lesson, perfectionism leads to nothing positive. Don't be afraid of releasing a buggy product. Even the most polished product has its flaws.
Que
Inhuman

Post by Que »

ProAsm wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:10 pm
Que wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:23 am How about a mod which detects if player is afk or typing
There would have to be a time delay, say 5 secs before this kicks in else every Tom, Dick and Harry will always make out they typing to prevent death.
yeah 5 secs be good.

could make them teleport effect into invisibility.... but stay where they are ... then when they move of click fire teleport back again?

when can we build it lol
*Join our Discord Here.*
*Our Servers
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Neon_Knight wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:07 pm One that spawns a Redeemer missile on top of the camper. It makes them explode... and the explosion doesn't kill anybody else but campers and AFKers.
This would be much simpler to let them assblode like a Redeemer after so and so seconds ... a camper which never moves after 10 seconds :mrgreen: or shorter.
Only thing to prevent it is moving more than 10 virtual meters.
You could call it the hot potato mutator.