Issue on Patch 469c RC3

Discussions about UT99
Letylove49
Adept

Issue on Patch 469c RC3

Post by Letylove49 »

I tested the patch469c RC3 and I see that shadows appear in the menu and that the basic settings are probably too dark, you almost have to put a full lumunosity while it worked better with the previous RC2. os Windows11 on 64bits.

For the moment got back to 469 RC2

Letylove49 aka Alicia
SilverSound
Adept
Personal rank: Curious

Re: Issue on Patch 469c RC3

Post by SilverSound »

This provides no information and doesn't help isolate the actual issue. You won't get help by posting the issue here anyway. You are better off asking for assistance in the OldUnreal discord or opening a github issue.
"Woah what?! I wish I was recording that...."
TankBeef
Masterful

Post by TankBeef »

Are you using XOpenGL?
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Letylove49 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:36 pm I tested the patch469c RC3 and I see that shadows appear in the menu and that the basic settings are probably too dark, you almost have to put a full lumunosity while it worked better with the previous RC2
Screenshots, please!
Visuals can help where descriptions don't do the job.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
TankBeef
Masterful

Post by TankBeef »

The thing is, this has already been discussed on Discord. The RC3 version of the XOpenGL renderer gets too dark even with the brightness slider all the way. So you have to adjust gamma multiplier on advanced preferences, but even then it still has too many shadows.
Also, apparently coronas cannot be disabled, and they are even more intense now. So I am still sticking with "regular" OpenGL for now. Coronas in general are too distracting for me. :noidea
Neon_Knight
Adept

Post by Neon_Knight »

Letylove49 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:36 pm I tested the patch469c RC3 and I see that shadows appear in the menu and that the basic settings are probably too dark, you almost have to put a full lumunosity while it worked better with the previous RC2. os Windows11 on 64bits.

For the moment got back to 469 RC2
Try opening an issue here: https://github.com/OldUnreal/UnrealTour ... hes/issues

If possible, attach screenshots to the issue. You can drag-and-drop them to the window when you're writing the issue.
OldUnreal U1v227/UTv469 Localization Project coordinator/spanish language maintainer - Unreal Wiki
ProTip 1: anybody using the phrase "I'm a True Fan and You're Not!" is an obnoxious, self-centered, egotistical, elitist, narcissist douchebag.
ProTip 2: anybody who uses the "Royal We" when making a demand wants to pass their own opinion as everyone else's.
ProTip 3: Only the people that do nothing but criticize don't make mistakes. Do things. Make mistakes. Learn from them. And screw those who do nothing but throw poison and criticize.
ProTip 4: If the Duke Nukem Forever fiasco wasn't enough of a lesson, perfectionism leads to nothing positive. Don't be afraid of releasing a buggy product. Even the most polished product has its flaws.
TankBeef
Masterful

Post by TankBeef »

Neon_Knight wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 2:16 pm Try opening an issue
He already did, Neon. Here: https://github.com/OldUnreal/UnrealTour ... issues/998

And confirmed, it is the XOpenGL thing.
Letylove49
Adept

Post by Letylove49 »

TankBeef wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:23 pm Are you using XOpenGL?
yes

i have confirmed this on the popic issue

Letylove49 aka Alicia
TankBeef
Masterful

Post by TankBeef »

Letylove49 wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:48 pm
yes

What about trying the other renderers, OpenGL or D3D9? I find with XOpenGL, so many "experiments" are being done. It used to have this ZRange thing where weapons would draw over the hud. The other renderers would let you disable it, but not this one. I personally use OpenGL. I only mention this for your consideration. Cause maybe it is not necessary to roll back the patch. In my case, many errors and crashes I had were fixed in RC3, so I will stick with it. But your experience may vary.
Letylove49
Adept

Post by Letylove49 »

TankBeef wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:01 pm
Letylove49 wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:48 pm
yes

What about trying the other renderers, OpenGL or D3D9? I find with XOpenGL, so many "experiments" are being done. It used to have this ZRange thing where weapons would draw over the hud. The other renderers would let you disable it, but not this one. I personally use OpenGL. I only mention this for your consideration. Cause maybe it is not necessary to roll back the patch. In my case, many errors and crashes I had were fixed in RC3, so I will stick with it. But your experience may vary.
I can’t change the driver because when you have to choose the imput of the mouse it doesn’t answer and it eventually crashes.

Letylove49 aka Alicia
TankBeef
Masterful

Post by TankBeef »

Letylove49 wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:36 pm I can’t change the driver because when you have to choose the imput of the mouse it doesn’t answer and it eventually crashes.
You may have to edit unrealtournament.ini manually then. Try this, but backup the file first.

Under [Engine.Engine] you will find these lines:

GameRenderDevice=XOpenGLDrv.XOpenGLRenderDevice

WindowedRenderDevice=XOpenGLDrv.XOpenGLRenderDevice

RenderDevice=XOpenGLDrv.XOpenGLRenderDevice

replace with

GameRenderDevice=OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice

WindowedRenderDevice=OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice

RenderDevice=OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice

Or if you prefer Direct3D 9

GameRenderDevice=D3D9Drv.D3D9RenderDevice

WindowedRenderDevice=D3D9Drv.D3D9RenderDevice

RenderDevice=D3D9Drv.D3D9RenderDevice

Restart the game, and see if it works.
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

Letylove49 wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:36 pm I can’t change the driver because when you have to choose the imput of the mouse it doesn’t answer and it eventually crashes.
Such be in RC2. In RC3 this fixed.
But even in RC2 you can usually press next, without touch select mouse input, and all goes fine.
Letylove49
Adept

Post by Letylove49 »

ok i have put RC3 and set to opengl and that work fine

Letylove49 aka Alicia
Virgile
Average

Post by Virgile »

for my part I like the fact that on the previous version there was no problem with the text but now it is superimposed on the buttons, artistic genius~
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Virgile wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:37 pm for my part I like the fact that on the previous version there was no problem with the text but now it is superimposed on the buttons, artistic genius~
What about reporting that bug on Github?
https://github.com/OldUnreal/UnrealTour ... hes/issues