[SOLVED] Wormbo's Enhanced Items in 469

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
darkbarrage99
Skilled
Personal rank: Barron O' Beefdip

[SOLVED] Wormbo's Enhanced Items in 469

Post by darkbarrage99 »

Does anybody know a work-around to get Wormbo's Enhanced Items to work properly in 469?
It seems that the big problem is that the mutator won't load the weapons in game, however they seem to be functional if you load them into a map in Unreal Editor.
I haven't been able to find any kind of update to the mod outside of what's on Wormbo's old website. If there is a newer compatible version, please feel free to link it up.
I haven't tried using a weapon replacement mutator, which would probably work since they can be added to a map through UEd, but I'm more curious about compatibility with the mutator itself.

link to the mod for reference:
http://www.koehler-homepage.de/Wormbo/E ... Items.html

I apologize if this thread is in the wrong part of the forums, I wasn't sure if it should be under modifications or mutators. Feel free to move it if need be.

SOLVED:

Enhanced Items seems to be working properly when combined with MrLoathsome's UT2U1 Tweak which can be found here: viewtopic.php?t=4872
Last edited by darkbarrage99 on Sat Aug 26, 2023 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Buggie
Godlike

Re: Wormbo's Enhanced Items in 469

Post by Buggie »

It is work fine in v436? Only in v469 broken?
darkbarrage99
Skilled

Post by darkbarrage99 »

Buggie wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 12:05 pm It is work fine in v436? Only in v469 broken?
I believe so, I never had problems with running it until upgrading to 469
darkbarrage99
Skilled

Post by darkbarrage99 »

I managed to get the Enhanced Items Mutator to work appropriately by using MrLoathsome's UT Tweak mutator, which re-enables U1 pickups like Stinger and ASMD if they are placed on a map instead of replacing them with Pulsegun and Shock Rifle.

So, whatever disables the Enhanced Items Mutator in 469 is re-enabled by the Tweak.

I do not know how the combined mutators would work on a map with U1 assets though, I'll have to see what happens when I have time.
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

Can you setup simple test case map, steps for reproduce issue?

In format: Reproduce steps / Expected result / Actual result
darkbarrage99
Skilled

Post by darkbarrage99 »

Buggie wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 7:38 pm Can you setup simple test case map, steps for reproduce issue?

In format: Reproduce steps / Expected result / Actual result
okay so this is funny. I made a test map with all U1 and UT weapons, pickups, health etc. and ran it with the mutators.

No Mutator : U1 inventory replaced by UT inventory, as expected.

Loathsome's Tweak only: All U1 and UT inventory enabled, as expected.

(here's where it gets funny)

Wormbo's Enhanced Items only: I expect EI inventory to replace UT inventory / instead: ALL Default UT inventory AND U1 inventory enabled, NO Enhanced Items Inventory.
It seems Wormbo's EI may also change what Loathsome's Tweak does to enable U1 inventory?

Both Tweak & Enhanced: Enhanced Items weapons replace ALL UT AND U1 weapons EXCEPT The Chainsaw pickup remains default.
EIBotpackUpgrade.EI_Chainsaw should be replacement for Botpack.Chainsaw, but it looks like EI_Hammer loads in assault instead anyway, which probably means it wasn't actually coded into the mutator.

Both mutators together seem to make the mod work properly aside from the chainsaw as far as i can tell. IDK if replacing U1 weapons with EI UT weapons was an intended feature of EI.
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

OK, so there no issue, or regression for v469. Fine. Thanks for tests.
darkbarrage99
Skilled

Post by darkbarrage99 »

Buggie wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:44 pm OK, so there no issue, or regression for v469. Fine. Thanks for tests.
Welllllll, the fact that it's a mutator that requires another relatively niche and hard to find mutator to run due to changes in 469 miiiight be an issue with other mods down the road, but if the Loathsome tweak can get Wormbo's mod to work properly, it may also fix other problems. Keep this one in your back pocket.

And on that note, for those search engine guru's who may have landed on this thread searching for solutions to the same problems, Loathsomes UT Tweak can be found at this thread: viewtopic.php?t=4872

original post updated with link