DDOM-db99-Phalanxbeta1

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
darkbarrage99
Skilled
Personal rank: Barron O' Beefdip

DDOM-db99-Phalanxbeta1

Post by darkbarrage99 »

Greetings!

I decided to convert a few of the maps that came with the DDOM mod into proper Double Dom maps since most of them were just CTF maps with the flags swapped out for DDOM Points.
This is the first one I'm sharing. It's designated as "beta1" in the event that there are any problems that arise.

I made spawn areas outside of the map that teleport in from assets within the map.
I also added in "Security Camera TVs" that allow players to see what is going on in the point bases which are made with warp zones.
I also added in some more geometry and made some alterations since the original console version of the map is a bit lackluster.
I also added in my custom pickup and weapon base textures. These are MyLevel'd and do not require any additional installation.

====
Map can be downloaded here:
DDOM-db99-PhalanxBeta1.rar
(4.03 MiB) Downloaded 11 times
====

====
Gametype can be downloaded HERE
====

• IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT MOD:
    • The Gametype is in a very unfinished state considering it seems to have been abandoned.
    • Since it's based on the regular Domination gametype, the settings for Score and Translocator are most likely incorrect by default.
    • Make sure the Score Limit for the Gametype is Below 10 and Turn Translocators OFF in order to play DDOM properly.

Have fun!

Please feel free to provide feedback below!

phalanx1.jpg
phalanx2.jpg
phalanx3.jpg
phalanx4.jpg
phalanx5.jpg
phalanx6.jpg
phalanx7.jpg
phalanx8.jpg
phalanx9.jpg
ProZeidon
Novice

Re: DDOM-db99-Phalanxbeta1

Post by ProZeidon »

I just picked up the game mode for the first time and played your map.
It's a delicious new look. I like it. Good work!

You might like to know, the links to the gametype do not work. The ones that might work, on HooksUT, give a warning about a possible dangerous download.
But I found a page with the game type here:
https://www.lonebullet.com/file/mods/do ... umod/20570
:minigun1: UT99 tutorials, patch install guide, tips, tricks and much more on www.youtube.com/@UT99 :sniper1:
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

ProZeidon wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 2:45 pm
You might like to know, the links to the gametype do not work.
That's odd - the link to medor's site (and to the DDom gametype folder) work fine for me Double Domination.
darkbarrage99
Skilled

Post by darkbarrage99 »

ProZeidon wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 2:45 pm It's a delicious new look. I like it. Good work!
Delizioso? Multo Bene!

ProZeidon wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 2:45 pm You might like to know, the links to the gametype do not work. The ones that might work, on HooksUT, give a warning about a possible dangerous download.
But I found a page with the game type here:
https://www.lonebullet.com/file/mods/do ... umod/20570
yeah the medor link should be safe, plus it's a zip file which is easier to deal with. appreciate the link to the umod though!
ProZeidon
Novice

Post by ProZeidon »

Strange, I've tried with Edge, Chrome and my phone. It doesn't work on any of them.. I can't go to medor's site. It says "Site is not responding".
:minigun1: UT99 tutorials, patch install guide, tips, tricks and much more on www.youtube.com/@UT99 :sniper1:
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Just to note that the umod does not contain the Bonus DDom maps that can be found in DDOM_UT-Patch_v103.

Never seen this before
Readme of Double Domination for UT for Unreal Tournament wrote:YOU MAY NOT load the levels in this gametype into the UnrealEd without 1000 MPH Studios explicit permission.
   
Auto merged new post submitted 2 minutes later
ProZeidon wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:14 pm Strange, I've tried with Edge, Chrome and my phone. It doesn't work on any of them.. I can't go to medor's site. It says "Site is not responding".
Possibly down to your ISP? It certainly is working as I have just 'been' there.

I had an issue with medor's site for a long time - may have been blocked by something or other - works OK now.
darkbarrage99
Skilled

Post by darkbarrage99 »

OjitroC wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:32 pm Just to note that the umod does not contain the Bonus DDom maps that can be found in DDOM_UT-Patch_v103.

Never seen this before
Readme of Double Domination for UT for Unreal Tournament wrote:YOU MAY NOT load the levels in this gametype into the UnrealEd without 1000 MPH Studios explicit permission.
   
yeah, don't bother downloading those maps. they're all terrible. and as for the "YOU MAY NOT" yeah screw that, i don't know what they were thinking but the people involved in that map pack mostly converted stock ctf maps without moving the control points or spawns outside of the ctf bases, making the maps totally pointless. the original maps provided by the mod are mostly horrible for lack of a better word and the only half decent ones have collision issues.