Your idea for a map, mod etc.

Discussions about UT99
darkbarrage99
Skilled
Personal rank: Barron O' Beefdip

Re: Your idea for a map, mod etc.

Post by darkbarrage99 »

so guys, do ya like borderlands?

what would it take to get a mod going to make an unreal version of borderlands? with different leveled skaarj and native monsters instead of psychos, differentiating versions of the stock weapons with different accuracies, zooms etc, leveling and class systems, mmo style quests, huge areas to explore, etc.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

darkbarrage99 wrote: huge areas to explore, etc.
Huge areas like in borderlands?
darkbarrage99 wrote:what would it take to get a mod going to make an unreal version of borderlands?
To be honest ... Another engine.
ShaiHulud
Adept

Post by ShaiHulud »

This is something that occurred to me fairly recently. It's an idea for a BT mod - but I'm not sure it's technically feasible *at all* really.

OK. So, you've seen car racing on TV at some point, right? Or maybe athletics coverage where they've used the same technology - what I mean is, they have "ghost" racing cars, or "ghost" athletes in the playback footage to compare lap times. You see a super-imposed transparent car, or runner or whatever it is travelling along the same track as another car/athlete and this gives you some idea about how close they really are, performance-wise.

In UT we also have demorecs.

Now, combine the two... and you could have a "playback" of your best BT cap time. The "ghost" version of you wouldn't activate buttons, or lifts or anything else though, you'd just see it going through the motions (it would look a bit odd sometimes, but it's the positioning that would be useful to see). At the moment we have CheckPoint times, but this would be a major evolution of that idea.

So, there we go, I've put it on record now!
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Variation on MonsterHunt, where you actually hunt the monster.

There's gotta be a way to configure the monsters so that when you find them... they run away from you. You actually have to chase them down in order to kill them.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Wises
Godlike
Personal rank: ...

Post by Wises »

I like the thought of Adventure type maps , like BT (indiannaJones) Type Things. Hidden places and rewards.. Keys to unlock doors and stuff like this. I guess it would be better suited to Monsterhunt type games with a Mix of Assault I guess.

also Iam kean on DM Maps with a BT Twist.. Like to get to Redeemers/Amps/HealthPacks etc.. Make it a bit of an obsticle to get to these items and/or force players to perform tasks like dodge up wall , shoot trigger and on platform dodge through opening get Deemer. Kinda stuff.

Another concept is link game to web.. perhaps.. where the game is both UT and php.. and the player needs something from each game in order to move to the next level.
in fact I am thinking about building a solely php game at some point

yeah thats my idea's/
UTDeath
Skilled
Personal rank: Tournament Champion.

Post by UTDeath »

EvilGrins wrote:Variation on MonsterHunt, where you actually hunt the monster.
There's gotta be a way to configure the monsters so that when you find them... they run away from you. You actually have to chase them down in order to kill them.
UTDeath wrote: [Game Type] Hunter.
For this one I want a sort of FPS and RPG mix, with some Monster Hunt elements.
This game will set players on a large map where there will be all sorts of animals and / or monsters but as the game suggest, it's a hunt.
Players will need stealth and accuracy, just running and shooting will make them run away.
Given your skill you will get Exp points will be used to develop abilities and get extra weapons.
I want a weapon set that gives a hunter feel, like ChaosUT Crossbow, but also more advanced weapons for higher levels like the Sniper Rifle.
Already thought of that buddy :tu: it should only take a mutator to replace the monsters and replace them with extensions of them that aren't made for combat.
You cannot kill what is already dead.
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Team Survival (for TMH I guess):
2 teams are in seperate arenas and waves of monsters appear. The team that survives the most waves wins!

anyone got an idea for a voicepack? :P
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:
GEx wrote:Team Survival (for TMH I guess):
2 teams are in seperate arenas and waves of monsters appear. The team that survives the most waves wins!

anyone got an idea for a voicepack? :P
gonna play hide and seek
Pileyrei
Masterful
Personal rank: UT Survivor

Post by Pileyrei »

Many years ago I put forward a mod idea on the Atari forums.
Some clever people made a start of it.

I called it quick match.

Basically, there are 5 maps, eg: Deck, Phobos, Agony,etc
Lets say the first map is Deck.
The first person to get 5 frags is teleported to the next map eg: Phobos. They get to collect ammo etc and wait for the others to come.
You keep moving maps each time you get 5 frags or whatever its set to.
The last person left on each map is either kicked to spectator mode or automatically teleported to the next map.
First person to get the final frags on the last map wins!

Seemed like fun but looking back its not the most the exciting idea.
I have the config files if anyone wants to try it? :)

Cheers
Piley

Our Server

[donate][/donate]
Donate to UT99.org!
Gameite2260
Average

Post by Gameite2260 »

This idea's kinda long, I was originally going to put it in it's own post before I saw this one. It's a long suggestion, I even designed some of the levels.
Spoiler
This idea is for a compaign, in which you can play as 3 races. You can play either a human, a Skaarj, or a mercenary. There's also a secret campaign where you play as a Nali. A lot of the levels are the same, but the objective, and sometimes the start point, are different.

In the human campaign, you're just another prisoner amongst a group that decide to work together. You get seperated from that group, and from then on it's like a normal Unreal game, just with extra levels, and a few more weapons and enemies. In the Skarrj campaign, you're on a Skaarj ship, which gets invaded by Mercenaries, and when you bail out, you come across the Vortex Rikers ship, and explore it, killing people along the way. You know that part in the middle of the Vortex Rikers level, where the door gets half-opened, and you hear a Skaarj killing a bunch of people? You get to play the Skaarj in that scene. And you also have an "Intimidate" button which makes you do a menacing growl, which scares and debuffs humans.
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

GEx wrote:I though I might make a board like this since there lots of players having great ideas but they don't know anything about the editor...

What ideas do YOU have?

Perhaps YOU will inspire someone to make YOUR (or at least finish his) vision come true!
Or maybe you know how to use UED but need some other people opinions?
C'mon, don't be shy and speak up!
Skin, map, mod, voicepack, mutator, gametype and any other ideas related to new UT resources are welcome (just don't over-do it, like ask for a UT3 port :D ). Have fun and please DON'T fight!

Here are a few of mine:
1. The most EVIL map in history of UT99 :twisted: ... So evil that it's nearlly inposible to describe... All I can say is it's related to FLOWERZ, RAINBOWZ and the colour PINK :loool:
2. An Assault (?) map where you have to jump from vehicle to vehicle to take over the leading vehicle.
OMG YES THIS THREAD EXIST! YAY! I CAN EXPRESS ALL OF MY IDEA AND DEDICATION FOR UT99!!!!! :loool:

Ok, sorry for the cap lock... it just me being extremely excited. :)

I have several things to speak of. Prepare reading my "book" (if some of you decided to call such a big post as a book...!)
also... i just hit reply and started typing without reading anyone's reply... forgive me if i repeated something that is already requested.

1. MH-HalloweenNeighborhood:
Map idea: A large map, great for adventure, plenty of great textures, sound, music, and maybe some .u file (if need so)...
Starting at the gate, then going into a neighborhood (with doors can open) and go trick-or-treating (killing monsters... and finding button to press to open the next gate for the next neighborhood). One of the house will have an end of the game option.

This idea is particularly from a map that have keys you have to find, that have a village, water fountain, a big church, and mountain on the side... if you remember that map, you are in good luck. Cause I don't remember the name atm. lol. but i like the idea of neighborhood like that, and a dark theme, (outside, dark outside (night), seeing eyes peeking through woods, finding random monster in the bushes... and so on. if you get the idea.

Signs with hints (triggered when u walk to it)...

2. CTF-BT- (With translocator)
Map idea: I really want to do this on my own... but I think I got the idea. I want to make a map that have translocator (without the game or something disabiling the translocator module when picked up... or spawned like in CTF-BT-PortalV2) so I can create a translocating BT map. Any tip, will be appreciated. (I do know if someone trans after picking up flag, will auto drop flag... but that is what I'd consider anyway.) & I'm willing to make several maps with this.

3. Anti-image dropping
I think this is already planned, even tho I've discussed it with Higor. Would love to beta test this and give feedback for him to continue working on it.

4. Anti-speedhack
This will be a hard task. & From what I possibly think, Higor can probably do this... just a lot of work. If anyone got any comment about this, feel free to do so. (For giving tips, or something useful that can help along with this.)

5. No spawn jump
Even tho this has already been made... but I did thought of this and told spongebob about it... but got no reply. Sadly, awhile some other have this mod, and I don't... I just wish I know how to code to make stuff like this. :<

& More that I rather not say (too long and complicated of explaining and I don't want to draw drama attention or whatever.)

but good grief, what can we do with all the mismatches file... i'm getting HUGHMONGUS of them in any gametype.

:idea: :shock: :gj:

Edit- ended up remembering other ideas:

6. I want to make some 2S maps. Some maps to be re-edited (for example.. 1 map is VERY LOUD... I want to reduce that.)

==============================Edit========================
EvilGrins wrote:1) If you don't know this guy, he makes a ton of really odd combat videos.
2) action really starts at 45 seconds in.
[youtube]-iuEYDFpP5M[/youtube]
3) A flower gun isn't impossible for UT. Already have Nali-fruit and Nali-seeds that grow into plants. Just make a gun that shoots the seeds, seeds kill people, and then plants grow out of all the shot seeds.
What I thought of, is if the gun shoot the seed, it will grow and then do an explosion. Now if you shoot the person, it will make the person die (body shake like getting hit by minigun) and seed will grow and explode (but also make more ammo from the person, like +10 ammo).
Last edited by Chamberly on Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
Wises
Godlike
Personal rank: ...

Post by Wises »

Pileyrei wrote:Many years ago I put forward a mod idea on the Atari forums.
Some clever people made a start of it.

I called it quick match.

Basically, there are 5 maps, eg: Deck, Phobos, Agony,etc
Lets say the first map is Deck.
The first person to get 5 frags is teleported to the next map eg: Phobos. They get to collect ammo etc and wait for the others to come.
You keep moving maps each time you get 5 frags or whatever its set to.
The last person left on each map is either kicked to spectator mode or automatically teleported to the next map.
First person to get the final frags on the last map wins!

Seemed like fun but looking back its not the most the exciting idea.
I have the config files if anyone wants to try it? :)

Cheers
Piley
this i think can be done.. but not by multiple instances of the game running at the same time.. but rather multiple maps inside one map.. so merge all 5 maps into one big map.. then add some assault type triggers perhaps in there .. blocking off access to the next map (inside the map) until one player gets to the end..

of last map.. can be done i believe.. just so you know :)

@all others ... some very cool ideas indeed .. keep em coming because someone will need inspiring one day and will most definately drop by here for ideas no doubt ^_^
UTDeath
Skilled
Personal rank: Tournament Champion.

Post by UTDeath »

The awesome thing here is that most of this can be done with a little effort, lets love UT for that.
How about this:
Picture a huge tower and each floor is a level, players spawn at the bottom and start killing each other, now when a player reaches certain kill count they get teleported to the next floor above and so on. The player that reaches the top first is the winner of course and to make it interesting each floor has different pickups and weapons that grow in power so the player that got there first can get a little stronger that the ones that just got there.
So the first floor could be Enforcer only and the last one Rocket Launchers and a Redeemer.
Now this would give a problem with the last player on a floor but we can have it as an elimination game type as well by eliminating any player that is left alone on a floor below all other players.
And just to have all covered, if two players get to the top at the same time, could happen, then it's a sudden death at the top floor.
You cannot kill what is already dead.
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

^ I made a somewhat similar concept before: http://www.ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t ... 093#p54806
The thing on this one is that it's CTF with a MH quest of sort to speak, where you can simply focus in the CTF, or you can try (with the help of some team players) conquer the tower and access another world full of more powerful weapons to give you an edge over the opposite team, or just for the sake of exploring.
There are also some shortcuts for the flag carrier to take from the small Nali villages if he so wishes, but they also can be used by the opposite team to get the flag faster.
I never released the map, but I still like the concept, and I never saw it applied anywhere.
UTNerd24
Adept
Personal rank: Professional Camper

Post by UTNerd24 »

Pickup cyling for WoRM?

That would be pretty handy if you wanted even more weapons.

I'm talking something similar to the way superweapons cycle in Nali Weapons and the normal weapons cycle in SWWM.
I've been playing UT for so long it's practically tradition.