CTF-LowGravMadness

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Aspide
Skilled

CTF-LowGravMadness

Post by Aspide »

Hello everybody, I made a new experimental CTF map with a low gravity gimmick, the map has bot support and custom music.
This map was made with insta-gib in mind but it works really well with normal weapons.
Thanks to R3plicant, Pikko and Vulpes for their feedback

Hope you enjoy :tu:

Link:
CTF-LowGravMadness.zip
(6.72 MiB) Downloaded 20 times
Screenshots:
Shot001.jpg
Shot002.jpg
Somewhere in Nevada...
darkbarrage99
Skilled
Personal rank: Barron O' Beefdip

Re: CTF-LowGravMadness

Post by darkbarrage99 »

very cool map!

looks great, my only 2 critiques are that the flak cannon on one side of the map is misaligned and that the ramps leading to the sniper rifles could use a little something to stop the hangup in the taller side of the gap, perhaps a small ramp or step would fix that. it would also make the ramps look a little cleaner.
floatyflak.jpg
floatyramp.jpg
jmartin
Skilled

Post by jmartin »

Nice looking map. I like the shield belt jump. :D
Aspide
Skilled

Post by Aspide »

I'm happy people are enjoying the map, darkbarrage99 thanks for pointing out the flak cannon issue, I didn't notice that one :D, the other issue you pointed out, yes it looks bad but I was struggling to find a way to avoid collision issues so I left it the way it is.
Somewhere in Nevada...
darkbarrage99
Skilled
Personal rank: Barron O' Beefdip

Post by darkbarrage99 »

Aspide wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:10 am I'm happy people are enjoying the map, darkbarrage99 thanks for pointing out the flak cannon issue, I didn't notice that one :D, the other issue you pointed out, yes it looks bad but I was struggling to find a way to avoid collision issues so I left it the way it is.
I was able to get a staircase to work out by zoning off the hallways and duplicating the zoneinfos in the main room, give some zone portals a shot!
stair example.jpg
stair example2.jpg
stair example3.jpg
Aspide
Skilled

Post by Aspide »

That's awesome, maybe I will release a new version of the map with some fixes, if anyone has more complains, let me know :tu:
Somewhere in Nevada...