DOM-Hood ][

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Aspide
Skilled

DOM-Hood ][

Post by Aspide »

Hello everybody, some time ago I released three maps that are console exclusive sequels here: viewtopic.php?t=15402, this map is number 4.

This maps is part of the 25AC project, however since there is a long time until the project is finished I decided to release it to get feedback and so people can enjoy them, the final version of this map will be released with the 25AC project.

Hope you enjoy :tu:

Link:
DOM-Hood][.zip
(850.6 KiB) Downloaded 12 times
Screenshots:
Shot001.jpg
Shot002.jpg
Shot003.jpg
Last edited by Aspide on Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Somewhere in Nevada...
darkbarrage99
Skilled
Personal rank: Barron O' Beefdip

Re: DOM-Hood ][

Post by darkbarrage99 »

neat! where can one find your other console sequels? sounds cool
Aspide
Skilled

Post by Aspide »

I updated the post with a link to the other console exclusive sequels I did :D
Somewhere in Nevada...
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

I like it, but I think it needs another Control Point.

You have them at ground level, on a slightly raised area, and up on a building structure... but you also have an underground area, which while not all that big might be a good place for a 4th.

Also, in the building near the top you have sniper bullets around the top but a very low atmosphere level. If you're up there and you jump at all you're briefly in a zone with no life support.
Attachments
Shot0095.png
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
darkbarrage99
Skilled

Post by darkbarrage99 »

so far it looks pretty good!
couple thoughts - I REALLY like your skybox, but the sheer size of the windows on the buildings makes it seem like giants live in them. perhaps you could scale down the window textures to give a bit more emersion.
hood1.jpg
also, the plain brick on the top of the buildings with the sniper rifles are plain bricks and are also emersion breaking. I say add onto it a bit, at least choose a different texture.
hood2.jpg
also, the vacuum zone at the top of the map could use a little love. I just noticed my FOV change and i got confused and died lol. you may want to approach that a little differently. maybe just BlockAll the outer rooftops if you're trying to keep players from camping on the ledges.

otherwise the map looks really solid so far. I say keep adding little details and it will be smashing. I'll get some gameplay in when i have a chance.   
Auto merged new post submitted 5 minutes later
one more thing, the single rifle shell ammo doesn't play well with most mods, I recommend against using them on a map because of that.
Aspide
Skilled

Post by Aspide »

Thanks for the feedback guys, yeah the vacuum zone was something I was conflicted with, I also could add Block All but unfortunately I recently realized that with clever use of the translocator you can go trough a Block All, don't worry I have a backup plan: invisible walls (brushes). I'm not sure about adding another Domination control point on the sewers, but If more people like that idea I'm going to do it, shame that the Redeemer would have to be removed.....

Also thanks darkbarrage99 for pointing the issue with the skybox, now that I think about it, most city skyboxes have the same issue (windows too big so it looks like giants live in them :mrgreen: )
Somewhere in Nevada...
darkbarrage99
Skilled

Post by darkbarrage99 »

i don't think replacing the redeemer with a control point would be a good idea since it isn't a very complex space. maybe it would work if you built a more complex room down there.
Aspide
Skilled

Post by Aspide »

ok, so I won't replace the redeemer with a control point, however I will remove the vacuum zone and replace it with invisible walls and also fix the skybox :tu: .

Also, the rifle rounds will also be removed, replaced with normal sniper ammo.
Somewhere in Nevada...