Greetings from ProZeidon

Introduce yourself! (Please NOT only your Name or Clan!)
ProZeidon
Novice

Greetings from ProZeidon

Post by ProZeidon »

Hi every one.
My name is Jesper, ingame ProZeidon. I am primarily a family man. I am a trained neuropedagogue - this means that I worked with early brain damage. Ironically, I no longer work due to a head injury.
I follow UT news and troubleshooting here and on three Facebook groups.

I had no idea the game was still alive until a youtube video happened to pop up on my screen two years ago with the news that a new patch had been released for UT99. From that moment I had to try the game again.
I have fond memories of UT99 so I was skeptical about trying it again. Maybe it was just my nostalgia that made me think about it, but when I tried it again, it was just as good as I remembered it.

I had my friends try it with me but when they played online they were instagibbed as fast as they spawned. So they quit.
They had a hard time listening to instructions while we were playing, so I made some videos for them on youtube.
But it did not help. They were not interested in watching. In return, there are others who are happy with the instructions, so now I make a video every now and then.

In the dawn of time I only played on Rians Server (a swedish DM server with custom maps, skins, voicepacks and forum) and was part of the EEM clan that only participated in CTF tournaments where the only thing we fought for was honor.
I have never played MonsterHunt or any of the other game types before. Back then I was completely focused on DM and CTF.
For me, it's really fun to be back and experience all the things UT offers that I didn't try then.
I think the game has the potential to be better than ever. So I want to do my part to inform that the game still exists.

With best regards
/ProZeidon
:minigun1: UT99 tutorials, patch install guide, tips, tricks and much more on www.youtube.com/@UT99 :sniper1:
Berserker
Experienced

Re: Greetings from ProZeidon

Post by Berserker »

I came across your 2 YouTube channels and they are pretty good, I don't think people recognized you here, it could be an idea to promote them with your introduction. I don't think you've posted the actual links to your channels here yet.

On the other hand - Welcome! You will find a lot of helpful people here that can inform you and help you about stuff, you can ask pretty much anything.
Visit us on Discord:
https://discord.gg/fcRakgNCjR Image
darkbarrage99
Skilled
Personal rank: Barron O' Beefdip

Post by darkbarrage99 »

i was wondering when you would pop up in here :P

share links to your youtube channels in the op!
ProZeidon
Novice

Post by ProZeidon »

Thank you for the welcome and the positive comments.
I have put the link to my UT99 channel in my signature :)

Lol - I didn't expect people to bother watching my other channel. It has a lot of mixed videos, both in English and Danish.
www.youtube.com/@ProZeidon

I once tried to make a children's channel which I called "Tot TV". It is my then two-year-old daughter who provides the children's voice for both the Danish and English versions. But there were virtually no viewers, so I deleted the channel and uploaded the videos to my own channel.

As a part-time job, I once made educational videos for companies. However, I have not posted them as it was commission work, except for the first one I made, which I made for free and which was the springboard for the other commission work. This is the video about the ICF, International Classification of Functioning disability and health. It is in Danish and probably only interesting for professionals in the field.
I made it because several of my colleagues thought it was a difficult subject.

I also have some videos for a board game I helped develop and an FPS playstation game I played for a few years :)
:minigun1: UT99 tutorials, patch install guide, tips, tricks and much more on www.youtube.com/@UT99 :sniper1:
esnesi
Godlike
Personal rank: Dialed in.

Post by esnesi »

Welcome back to the scene ProZeidon, and enjoy your stay over here!
TankBeef
Masterful

Post by TankBeef »

Jesper!!! Great to see you around here. :D
Hey, this guy has the most awesome tutorial videos. He really knows his UT.