Updating bot lists

Discussions about UT99
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Updating bot lists

Post by EvilGrins »

I'm updating my bot lists, both just because and to fully test some models I've had but haven't done much with... and as one tends to do I'm naming some of them after people in the Unreal/UT community.

Not a big surprise, I've had a playable Mercenary model as "medor" for years.

One such model (called Henry) I named Buggie. The model has its own weapon, primary fire is a machine gun & alt fire is a rocket launcher.

Model (it's from U4E) starts out with full armor and 250 health; given Buggie made Xvehicles work so well this seemed like an ideal match.
Attachments
Shot0217.png
16 Buggie.png
Shot0185.png
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
OjitroC
Godlike

Re: Updating bot lists

Post by OjitroC »

I've used a few of the models (actually just the meshes/textures) from U4E as ScriptedPawns but not Henry, so that gave me an idea :tu:

Had to give it the NWVulcan as the one from U4E that loaded in the Editor when I opened U4EPawns.u is for Unreal and, if picked up by a Player, it removes all the inventory (bar the Vulcan of course). There may be another version of Henry (and/or the Vulcan) for UT but I didn't look for it as there are a lot of U4E u files and I had to spend quite a bit of time dealing with animation errors. I've given it sounds from VoiceRobotic (one of the recent additions on UnrealArchive) as they suit it.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

OjitroC wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:26 amI've given it sounds from VoiceRobotic (one of the recent additions on UnrealArchive) as they suit it.
I gave Buggie the Godvoice, which is a more robotic version of Xan's default voice but at a higher pitch.
OjitroC wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:26 amI've used a few of the models (actually just the meshes/textures) from U4E as ScriptedPawns but not Henry, so that gave me an idea
The names of these models are amusing, the one I assigned for you is "Fred".

Interesting model, 3 legs is unusual. When not using weapons, it has an ability to fling lightning bolts.
Attachments
12 OjitroC.png
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

EvilGrins wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 6:20 am The names of these models are amusing, the one I assigned for you is "Fred".

Interesting model, 3 legs is unusual. When not using weapons, it has an ability to fling lightning bolts.
Umm ... yeah, that's cool - there's a ScriptedPawn version, FredT, that I use in MonsterSpawn - it has a dispersion pistol (!!??), not sure if I have altered that or not.
darkbarrage99
Skilled
Personal rank: Barron O' Beefdip

Post by darkbarrage99 »

I like how U4E was a hero shooter before hero shooters were a thing
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

darkbarrage99 wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 7:32 am I like how U4E was a hero shooter before hero shooters were a thing
That's putting it mildly.
Attachments
Shot0055.png
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

There's a pleasant surprise, some of the U4E models can fly!
Attachments
Shot0069.png
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

EvilGrins wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 7:21 pm There's a pleasant surprise, some of the U4E models can fly!
Yes, those three Player 'characters' can (though not the bots as they lack some of the code of the Players) - I wasn't aware of that before now however.

Be interesting to know what they look like when flying as there are no flight/flying animations in the two meshes for the Dracos (didn't look at Grim). The 'flying' code for each of the Dracos is slightly different so they should probably behave somewhat differently.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

OjitroC wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 8:17 pmYes, those three Player 'characters' can (though not the bots as they lack some of the code of the Players) - I wasn't aware of that before now however.
Not entirely sure of that, as I've used the U4E models before and I noted there were some that weren't falling as fast as the others. Not so much flying as slowly gliding down.

Anywho, part of my usual bot setups has a lot of generic bots using the same model and skill levels, like Skaarj Military (named after military phonetic) and Guardians.

In addition to customizing bots with players of the game, I'm doing a few relatively original ones too.
Attachments
utClip0001.png
27 Agent X.png
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

I've assigned the teddy bear to someone, and noticed an interesting ability.
All the U4E models have "special abilities" when not using UT-weapons. On its own the teddy bear carries a chainsaw, which occasionally morphs into a spiked club... but more than that it has this ability to shrink other players.
Image Image
Haven't seen the teddy bear do it, but its the source of this. Bots fighting it suddenly shrunk down to toy size... this never happened prior to my assigning it to a bot.

Shrinking doesn't kill them but it does shrink their health too and render them effectively useless.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

EvilGrins wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 4:35 pm All the U4E models have "special abilities" when not using UT-weapons. On its own the teddy bear carries a chainsaw, which occasionally morphs into a spiked club... but more than that it has this ability to shrink other players.

Haven't seen the teddy bear do it, but its the source of this. Bots fighting it suddenly shrunk down to toy size... this never happened prior to my assigning it to a bot.

Shrinking doesn't kill them but it does shrink their health too and render them effectively useless.
Yes, the ShrinkerProj is the AltProjectile of the TeddySaw (so it's the weapon rather than the model that fires the shrinker projectile even if it may not look like the TeddySaw is firing the projectile).

The ShrinkerProj is also the AltProjectile of the U4E weapon The Shrinker - the primary fire is Bubbles that also shrink those hit by the bubbles.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Full listing of the current UT Corps...
https://unreal-games.livejournal.com/201155.html
...and incorporated Skaarj Squad.

An exclusive association as they won't let me join.

These bots are configured after players I've known in Unreal/UT forums:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Wait I'm just a concrete grey Skaarj Hybrid?
tz tz tz
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

papercoffee wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 3:49 pm Wait I'm just a concrete grey Skaarj Hybrid?
It's a more scaley version.

Try as I might I never found an effective way to re-skin the Gingerbread Man model that at least has the same body type as your icon.
Attachments
11 Mr Fields.png
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

I play usually with the pitfighter SH ... face is Skrilax and green team colour.
That face resembles my user picture a little bit :mrgreen: