"Myr" UT version - 221 UT PulseGun conversion

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

"Myr" UT version - 221 UT PulseGun conversion

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

myrut

converted by aspide from my original mod (sadly no mutator yet but you can play with it, its an accurate conversion).

the original version for 225 here

myr

This is the pulsegun from before there was the led display on it even, just so you know/get the context.
darkbarrage99
Skilled
Personal rank: Barron O' Beefdip

Re: "Myr" UT version - 221 UT PulseGun conversion

Post by darkbarrage99 »

Leo(T.C.K.) wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:11 pm myrut

converted by aspide from my original mod (sadly no mutator yet but you can play with it, its an accurate conversion).

the original version for 225 here

myr

This is the pulsegun from before there was the led display on it even, just so you know/get the context.
hey just a heads up, the skin is showing up like this for me. also, is there not supposed to be a pammo replacement under TournamentAmmo?
pulse.jpg
puls2.jpg
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Yes, the skin shows up like that for me in the Editor but not in game - which is odd as I am using the same renderer in both.

The ammo is in Myr.u - did you load that?

Like the projectile sounds and the weapon animations :tu:
SilverSound
Adept
Personal rank: Curious

Post by SilverSound »

It's a bug with masked texture stuff.
"Woah what?! I wish I was recording that...."
darkbarrage99
Skilled
Personal rank: Barron O' Beefdip

Post by darkbarrage99 »

OjitroC wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:55 am Yes, the skin shows up like that for me in the Editor but not in game - which is odd as I am using the same renderer in both.

I'm using dx9 as I'm having issues with xopengl, but i saw the same thing in both. I think the textures may need to be reuploaded but unmasked?

ammo is under regular unreal ammo not unrealtournament ammo. it works, but there could be compatibility issues depending on how one would use it.
since the source classes are in the pack i assume one could fix it on their own though.
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

darkbarrage99 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:46 am
OjitroC wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:55 am Yes, the skin shows up like that for me in the Editor but not in game - which is odd as I am using the same renderer in both.

I'm using dx9 as I'm having issues with xopengl, but i saw the same thing in both. I think the textures may need to be reuploaded but unmasked?

ammo is under regular unreal ammo not unrealtournament ammo. it works, but there could be compatibility issues depending on how one would use it.
since the source classes are in the pack i assume one could fix it on their own though.
Look this was a basic working conversion. In fact otherwise the animation issues would be fixed like for the WIP warpulse mod that now uses this version of the mesh too.
But yea you can make a separate/combined version with tournamentammo. There's no issue with replacement/conflict here since that ammo is not being replced by any mutator whatsoever but yea you're right I guess.

Just name the package separately like Pulse221 or something and maybe add arena mutator too since that wasn't done yet. I just didn't have time for this further.

With animation issues I mean how the pulsegun sometimes skips a frame with the muzzle rotation etc. This was fixed in the script of "warpulsegun" (an abandoned weapon for the ASP mod, now resurrected again but with the 221 pulsegun mesh instead).

This was just meant to show how that original 221 worked staying as accurate as possible...while being compatible with ut more or less.

This the earliest avaiable pulsegun. There were still two versions in existence, one of the earlier 222 version that never leaked that had a smaller led display with unique font, then the initial 220 one that wasn't in the earlier 220 sources (there were several botpack revisions under each engine version at least early on).
But the initial 220 one and this one looked identical in mesh just the projectiles were different and more like the dispersion pistol colored ones, it seen in action in one of the early ut preview videos. However the 221 one is better with the proper pulsegun projectiles imo.
You might have noticed that this LED-lite version of the mesh has an additional idle animation too.
also the reloading/count or whatever is more primitive/buggy in this afaik than the more known later 222 beta with all the ut weapons being there as replacement.   
Auto merged new post submitted 6 hours 6 minutes later
As for that masking issue, I didn't see it on my end, it might be something with those latest patches then...