XVehicles (Network play) (VCTF, VMH for UT99)

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!

How you play in XVehicles?

Multiplayer and local play
32%
Only Multiplayer
32%
Only local play
27%
Not play
9%

Total votes: 22

darkbarrage99
Skilled
Personal rank: Barron O' Beefdip

Re: XVehicles (Network play) (VCTF, VMH for UT99)

Post by darkbarrage99 »

so I just updated xvehicles to the current version.

I'm not a coder and I've been working on a version of hydro expanded with mapscale for several weeks, and it requires the translocator in order to play. there are too many areas in the map that have z value that are also set up to keep flag carriers from reaching, so jump pads are a no go.

Is there a way in the map to re-enable translocators via mutator; such as there are options for bShowFlagBase and PulseForHeal in XVehiclesCTF mutator? Or is it only manually in the XVehicles.ini file right now?
darkbarrage99
Skilled

Post by darkbarrage99 »

Buggie wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 8:00 am Only in XVehicles.ini.

Jump pads it is!
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Post by Gustavo6046 »

I think the Instagib damage reduction on vehicles doesn't have to be so strong. Maybe 10% by default instead? And make it configurable from a .ini!
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

It is your real gameplay problem? Or just common advice?
5% come from UT2004. As for me it look ok.

Automatically merged

v40

- Add EnergyTurret and MinigunTurret.
- Fix some flood in log.
- Add int file.
- Fix bug with speed up tanks and cars after landing.

Updated in first post: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=14936
scr_1657474379.png
scr_1657474334.png
scr_1657474314.png
scr_1657474300.png
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Do the turrets respawn after they're destroyed? If they get destroyed at all.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Buggie wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:54 amRespawn.
I was wondering as the Onslaught for UT, which has very messed up vehicles that don't entirely work correctly, also have turrets... but those ones aren't automatic guns. Players step into them, like vehicles, and manually aim with them and shoot. When those are destroyed they respawn.

Yours are more auto-cannons, not manually controlled, right? I haven't tried them yet.
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

No, not right. I suggest you try, before post anything. Blocktastic map allow you do that.

Automatically merged

Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Post by Gustavo6046 »

It looks ok, but it feels a bit too weak against jeeps, especially considering it's Instagib. A player could hop off a jeep, grab the flag, and hop back in, all before a Super Shock Rifle's fire animation concludes.

At least make the setting configurable. :p

Right now that's the only thing I think could be improved.
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

Instagib is hitscan weapon. Animation is animation and mean nothing. Kill direct hit.
darkbarrage99
Skilled

Post by darkbarrage99 »

I really like the turrets, but I feel they're a bit too strong. Same with the minigun turret on the tank.

I decided to place some mini turrets on the Hydro map I've been expanding, and the bots and vehicles can't even make it across the bridges without being blown to smithereens. And when using the minigun turrets and tank mini turrets on bots it takes less than 2 seconds to kill a bot with a full shieldbelt.

I feel the minigun turrets are also a little too accurate. if they're going to be used as suppressive fire, I don't think they should be as accurate as they are at long range. I'm getting sniped by bots across the map as soon as I exit the bases.

I believe either making them do less damage, making them less accurate and/or maybe making a turret that fires projectiles instead of hitscan could make for more balanced gameplay.
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

By settings it is exact copy from 2k4. And in real game with people, turrets not so strong as you describe. Annoying but easy to kill.

I not see any reason change they settings.

Also grey tank turret is copy from 2k4 goliath.

With projectiles turrets will be useless for sure.

Also i very afraid about opposite stuff: turrets very weak and minigun turret too not accurate for real use.
Try play with humans. Bots show in vehicles unbelievable accuracy for compensate own stupidness and lack of strategy and tactics.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Testing...
Attachments
Shot0241.png
Shot0197.png
darkbarrage99
Skilled

Post by darkbarrage99 »

Buggie wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 3:00 pm By settings it is exact copy from 2k4. And in real game with people, turrets not so strong as you describe. Annoying but easy to kill.

I not see any reason change they settings.

Also grey tank turret is copy from 2k4 goliath.

With projectiles turrets will be useless for sure.

Also i very afraid about opposite stuff: turrets very weak and minigun turret too not accurate for real use.
Try play with humans. Bots show in vehicles unbelievable accuracy for compensate own stupidness and lack of strategy and tactics.
that makes sense. I'll definitely try playing with people when I can, but like many others I play with bots because I usually can't play online.

But between this and the double jumping, are you essentially trying to recreate ut2k4 vctf?