two years ago I created a little texture pack which includes three textures aiming to help aligning texture properly. The textures themself are kind off ugly, but the idea is to remove them anyways after the alignment was done. Its all manual and automation would be mush better but as with today the editor does not support aligning textures properly in all situations this is better than nothing. So, if you e.g. need to align the textures of a wall so that they appear as one, this might help.
How to use:
- Check the resolution of the texture you want to align
- Open AligningHelper.utx and pick the texture with the matching resolution
- Replace the textures of the surfaces you want to align with the matching texture from aligning helper
- Now you need to manually move move the textures until all target surfaces are rotated into the same direction and in alphabetical order.
- Once you are done replace the texture carefully back to the original and make sure not to accidentally move a texture while doing so
- The alignment should be fine now
The 128 * 128 texture has eight rows and eight columns with each eight distinct characters.
The first line and the first column in the 128*128 Texture set looks like:
AA AB AC AD AE AF AG AH
The rest is filled logically in the same way. You'll see it yourself once you've opened the pack
This way you can easily detect where the texture of two surfaces should meat and can make the adjustments accordingly.
The whole process is still kind of cumbersome and painful, but its much easier this way than trying to perform manual alignment with the actual textures.
Link: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhO0_2oZHvVCg9cnwY6 ... g?e=FscnzY
You are free to use, modify share and distribute this textures as you like. Giving me credit would make me happy, but its not a requirement for using the pack.
Happy Aligning and I hope your eyes will not pop out of your head
Please let me know if you have any questions or ideas how to improve it