About 50% of the servers do not show up

Discussions about UT99
Forum|User
Experienced

Re: About 50% of the servers do not show up

Post by Forum|User »

Whats the solution to fix this problem? Im using XBrowser.
RocketJedi
Inhuman
Personal rank: I.T Master

Post by RocketJedi »

Forum|User wrote:Whats the solution to fix this problem? Im using XBrowser.

was posted in this thread already
https://www.vulpinemission.com
Image ROCKET-X8 Server
Image MONSTERHUNT w/ NALI WEAPONS 3 + RX8
Image BUNNYTRACK NY
Image SNIPER DEATHMATCH
Image InstaGib + ComboGib + Jailbreak
Image ROSEBUM ROCKET-X RB
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

Lol, you could totally make a browser that can query multiple master servers at the same time.
It involves knowing your algorithms better.
Forum|User
Experienced

Post by Forum|User »

Darkelarious wrote:Image
Screencap of http://master.333networks.com right now.
http://master.errorist.tk shows an equal amount of servers.

For those who still didn't catch up on the wiki, here is an explanation of how to set 333networks and/or Errorist as your primary masters: http://wiki.333networks.com/index.php/C ... Tournament
I changed my UnrealTournament.ini and still cant see all server.
There is only 401 server and at http://master.333networks.com/stats I see 625 server. What I do wrong?

Another questions...
- This servers only UT servers? I mean I want to block all TO, and U1 servers and I want to see only the UT99 servers.
- How block all the fake bot servers?
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Forum|User wrote: - This servers only UT servers? I mean I want to block all TO, and U1 servers and I want to see only the UT99 servers.
- How block all the fake bot servers?
I cannot be sure if these are solvable. TO are incompatible with normal UT clients, why are still listed in 2015 is a mistery for me and why they were supposed to do feign UT (Using the same beacon type?)

Fake Bot ? And we are suposed to see a Real Bot :shock: ? I'm in fog here, please refrain. Probably you mean Fake Players. Yes this maybe has to be debated "manually" removing from database all such "servers" and black-listing them. Anyone ? Thoughts ?
Forum|User
Experienced

Post by Forum|User »

sektor2111 wrote:Fake Bot ? And we are suposed to see a Real Bot :shock: ? I'm in fog here, please refrain. Probably you mean Fake Players. Yes this maybe has to be debated "manually" removing from database all such "servers" and black-listing them. Anyone ? Thoughts ?
Manually, Im too lazy for that! :D

Back to the topic now I changed some lines and now dont works my browser. I dont know what I do wrong but help me please.

UnrealTournament.ini

Code: Select all

[Engine.GameEngine]
CacheSizeMegs=4
UseSound=True
ServerActors=IpDrv.UdpBeacon
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerQuery
ListFactories[1]=UBrowser.UBrowserGSpyFact
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.noccer.de MasterServerTCPPort=28900
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=unreal.epicgames.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.mplayer.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.telefragged.com MasterServerPort=27500
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.333networks.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=darkelarious.blicky.net MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=UWeb.WebServer

[UBrowser.UBrowserMainClientWindow]
LANTabName=UBrowserLAN
ServerListNames[0]=UBrowserUT
ServerListNames[1]=UBrowserLAN
ServerListNames[2]=UBrowserPopulated
ServerListNames[3]=UBrowserDeathmatch
ServerListNames[4]=UBrowserTeamGames
ServerListNames[5]=UBrowserCTF
ServerListNames[6]=UBrowserDOM
ServerListNames[7]=UBrowserAS
ServerListNames[8]=UBrowserLMS
ServerListNames[9]=UBrowserAll
ServerListNames[10]=None
ServerListNames[11]=None
ServerListNames[12]=None
ServerListNames[13]=None
ServerListNames[14]=None
ServerListNames[15]=None
ServerListNames[16]=None
ServerListNames[17]=None
ServerListNames[18]=None
ServerListNames[19]=None
ServerListNames[20]=None
ServerListNames[21]=None
ServerListNames[22]=None
ServerListNames[23]=None
ServerListNames[24]=None
ServerListNames[25]=None
ServerListNames[26]=None
ServerListNames[27]=None
ServerListNames[28]=None
ServerListNames[29]=None
ServerListNames[30]=None
ServerListNames[31]=None
ServerListNames[32]=None
ServerListNames[33]=None
ServerListNames[34]=None
ServerListNames[35]=None
ServerListNames[36]=None
ServerListNames[37]=None
ServerListNames[38]=None
ServerListNames[39]=None
ServerListNames[40]=None
ServerListNames[41]=None
ServerListNames[42]=None
ServerListNames[43]=None
ServerListNames[44]=None
ServerListNames[45]=None
ServerListNames[46]=None
ServerListNames[47]=None
ServerListNames[48]=None
ServerListNames[49]=None
bKeepMasterServer=True

[UBrowserAll]
ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserGSpyFact,MasterServerAddress=master.noccer.de MasterServerTCPPort=28900,Region=0,GameName=ut
ListFactories[1]=UBrowser.UBrowserGSpyFact,MasterServerAddress=unreal.epicgames.com MasterServerPort=27900,Region=0,GameName=ut
ListFactories[2]=UBrowser.UBrowserGSpyFact,MasterServerAddress=master.mplayer.com MasterServerPort=27900,Region=0,GameName=ut
ListFactories[3]=UBrowser.UBrowserGSpyFact,MasterServerAddress=master.telefragged.com MasterServerPort=27500,Region=0,GameName=ut
ListFactories[4]=UBrowser.UBrowserGSpyFact,MasterServerAddress=master.333networks.com MasterServerPort=27900,Region=0,GameName=ut
ListFactories[5]=UBrowser.UBrowserGSpyFact,MasterServerAddress=darkelarious.blicky.net MasterServerPort=27900,Region=0,GameName=ut
bFallbackFactories=True
bHidden=True
ServerListTitle=
ListFactories[2]=
ListFactories[3]=
ListFactories[4]=
ListFactories[5]=
ListFactories[6]=
ListFactories[7]=
ListFactories[8]=
ListFactories[9]=
URLAppend=
AutoRefreshTime=0
bNoAutoSort=False
XBrowser.ini

[XBrowser.XBrowserTabInternet]
bKeepMasterServer=True
bFallbackFactories=False
MasterServer[0]=XBrowser.XBrowserFactInternet,MasterServerAddress=master.noccer.de MasterServerTCPPort=28900,Region=0,GameName=ut
MasterServer[1]=XBrowser.XBrowserFactInternet,MasterServerAddress=unreal.epicgames.com MasterServerPort=27900,Region=0,GameName=ut
MasterServer[2]=XBrowser.XBrowserFactInternet,MasterServerAddress=master.mplayer.com MasterServerPort=27900,Region=0,GameName=ut
MasterServer[3]=XBrowser.XBrowserFactInternet,MasterServerAddress=master.telefragged.com MasterServerPort=27500,Region=0,GameName=ut
MasterServer[4]=XBrowser.XBrowserFactInternet,MasterServerAddress=master.333networks.com MasterServerPort=27900,Region=0,GameName=ut
MasterServer[5]=XBrowser.XBrowserFactInternet,MasterServerAddress=darkelarious.blicky.net MasterServerPort=27900,Region=0,GameName=ut

Whats the solution?
RocketJedi
Inhuman
Personal rank: I.T Master

Post by RocketJedi »

make 333netowrks first and bKeepmaster browser to true
https://www.vulpinemission.com
Image ROCKET-X8 Server
Image MONSTERHUNT w/ NALI WEAPONS 3 + RX8
Image BUNNYTRACK NY
Image SNIPER DEATHMATCH
Image InstaGib + ComboGib + Jailbreak
Image ROSEBUM ROCKET-X RB
Darkelarious
Skilled
Personal rank: 333networks admin

Post by Darkelarious »

sektor2111 wrote:I don't really understand that thing with "permissions"
It's my way of expressing that I consider this information valuable and notifying the author that I intend to share this information. I consider it a politeness thing.
sektor2111 wrote:(Using the same beacon type?)
Yes, and very annoying. It is possible, but it requires a lot of work from my end to fix this. I hope to get to this before Christmas, but no promises.
sektor2111 wrote:Yes this maybe has to be debated "manually" removing from database all such "servers" and black-listing them. Anyone ? Thoughts ?
Plenty of thoughts, plenty of suggestions and a very precise way of solving it. At the moment I am working on a web interface where people can log in. It will also be possible to up/downvote servers. If certain servers get enough downvotes, they can automatically get blacklisted/blocked. IF/WHEN this is ready, there will probably a separate thread for the announcement/instructions/conditions.
Forum|User wrote:Image
Whats the solution?
In the future, you may want to use the
Spoiler
tag, so we don't have to scroll several kilometers down :idea:

Some hosts of 333networks masterservers also use a web interface: http://master.noccer.de, http://master.errorist.tk and http://master.333networks.com
If you want to be sure whether the masterserver is working and resolvable, just go to the site first and see if it works. A few days ago, noccer's masterserver's DNS got updated, so it could well be possible that it did not resolve for some time. Try again to see if this is the case.
Qwerty wrote:make 333netowrks first and bKeepmaster browser to true
:gj: and for additional information http://wiki.333networks.com/index.php/C ... Tournament
--Darkelarious
Masterserver | Discord Channel
Oh, and we still are ready to receive donations. The url works, right? It doesn't seem to be doing anything...
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

I don't understand why your masters are on port 27900 for browser section and only 1 is properly set.
All browsing is on 28900 after all. That spam with ServerActors can be removed as long as it's a Server section (as name says itself) NOT Player.
Forum|User
Experienced

Post by Forum|User »

I changed my XBrowser.ini but still only see 569 server not 624.

Settings
Spoiler
----- XBrowser.ini -----

bKeepMasterServer=True
bFallbackFactories=False
MasterServer[0]=XBrowser.XBrowserFactInternet,MasterServerAddress=master.333networks.com,MasterServerTCPPort=28900,Region=0,GameName=ut
MasterServer[1]=XBrowser.XBrowserFactInternet,MasterServerAddress=master.noccer.de,MasterServerTCPPort=28900,Region=0,GameName=ut
MasterServer[2]=XBrowser.XBrowserFactInternet,MasterServerAddress=utmaster.epicgames.com,MasterServerTCPPort=28900,Region=0,GameName=ut
----- UnrealTournament.ini -----

[Engine.GameEngine]
CacheSizeMegs=4
UseSound=True
ServerActors=IpDrv.UdpBeacon
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerQuery
ListFactories[1]=UBrowser.UBrowserGSpyFact
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=utmaster.epicgames.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.333networks.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.noccer.de MasterServerPort=27900

[UBrowserAll]
ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserGSpyFact,MasterServerAddress=master.333networks.com,MasterServerTCPPort=28900,Region=0,GameName=ut
ListFactories[1]=UBrowser.UBrowserGSpyFact,MasterServerAddress=master.noccer.de,MasterServerTCPPort=28900,Region=0,GameName=ut
bFallbackFactories[2]=UBrowser.UBrowserGSpyFact,MasterServerAddress=utmaster.epicgames.com,MasterServerTCPPort=28900,Region=0,GameName=ut
bFallbackFactories=True
bHidden=True
ServerListTitle=
ListFactories[3]=
ListFactories[4]=
ListFactories[5]=
ListFactories[6]=
ListFactories[7]=
ListFactories[8]=
ListFactories[9]=
URLAppend=
AutoRefreshTime=0
bNoAutoSort=False
[bKeepMasterServer=True]
Last edited by Forum|User on Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Darkelarious
Skilled

Post by Darkelarious »

Forum|User wrote:Such usefull reply, thanks...
Not sure if sarcasm or misunderstanding.

Let me take a shot at it (only relevant code shown, comments in red):
UnrealTournament.ini
[Engine.GameEngine]
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.noccer.de MasterServerTCPPort=28900 <-- wrong, use port 27900
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=unreal.epicgames.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.mplayer.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.telefragged.com MasterServerPort=27500 <-- not actually a master, but redirected to GameRanger
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=darkelarious.blicky.net MasterServerPort=27900 <-- these two masters are on the same address. See remarks at wiki, at the bottom
These are settings for SERVERS only, they don't affect your browser list.
[UBrowserAll]
ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserGSpyFact,MasterServerAddress=master.noccer.de MasterServerTCPPort=28900,Region=0,GameName=ut
ListFactories[1]=UBrowser.UBrowserGSpyFact,MasterServerAddress=unreal.epicgames.com MasterServerPort=27900,Region=0,GameName=ut <-- wrong, use port 28900
ListFactories[2]=UBrowser.UBrowserGSpyFact,MasterServerAddress=master.mplayer.com MasterServerPort=27900,Region=0,GameName=ut <-- wrong, use port 28900
ListFactories[3]=UBrowser.UBrowserGSpyFact,MasterServerAddress=master.telefragged.com MasterServerPort=27500,Region=0,GameName=ut <-- not a master, only supports UPlinks to GameRanger
ListFactories[4]=UBrowser.UBrowserGSpyFact,MasterServerAddress=master.333networks.com MasterServerPort=27900,Region=0,GameName=ut <-- wrong, use port 28900
ListFactories[5]=UBrowser.UBrowserGSpyFact,MasterServerAddress=darkelarious.blicky.net MasterServerPort=27900,Region=0,GameName=ut <-- these two masters are on the same address. See remarks at wiki, at the bottom
bFallbackFactories=True <-- Recommended to be set to False, see comments above
XBrowser.ini
bKeepMasterServer=True
bFallbackFactories=False <-- Recommended to be set to False, see comments above
MasterServer[0]=XBrowser.XBrowserFactInternet,MasterServerAddress=master.noccer.de MasterServerTCPPort=28900,Region=0,GameName=ut
MasterServer[1]=XBrowser.XBrowserFactInternet,MasterServerAddress=unreal.epicgames.com MasterServerPort=27900,Region=0,GameName=ut <-- wrong, use port 28900
MasterServer[2]=XBrowser.XBrowserFactInternet,MasterServerAddress=master.mplayer.com MasterServerPort=27900,Region=0,GameName=ut <-- wrong, use port 28900
MasterServer[3]=XBrowser.XBrowserFactInternet,MasterServerAddress=master.telefragged.com MasterServerPort=27500,Region=0,GameName=ut <-- not a master, only supports UPlinks to GameRanger
MasterServer[4]=XBrowser.XBrowserFactInternet,MasterServerAddress=master.333networks.com MasterServerPort=27900,Region=0,GameName=ut <-- wrong, use port 28900
MasterServer[5]=XBrowser.XBrowserFactInternet,MasterServerAddress=darkelarious.blicky.net MasterServerPort=27900,Region=0,GameName=ut <-- these two masters are on the same address. See remarks at wiki, at the bottom
General remarks: uplinks (servers) go to port 27900. Queries (server list in client) go to port 28900.
The [Engine.GameEngine] sections (particularly the lines with "ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress") are meant for servers only. If you host an UT server, it's important to have these lines, but they're not related to UT clients/players.

I hope that clarifies all.
--Darkelarious
Oh, and we still are ready to receive donations. The url works, right? It doesn't seem to be doing anything...
Forum|User
Experienced

Post by Forum|User »

Darkelarious wrote:
Forum|User wrote:Such usefull reply, thanks...
Not sure if sarcasm or misunderstanding.

Let me take a shot at it (only relevant code shown, comments in red):
UnrealTournament.ini
[Engine.GameEngine]
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.noccer.de MasterServerTCPPort=28900 <-- wrong, use port 27900
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.telefragged.com MasterServerPort=27500 <-- not actually a master, but redirected to GameRanger
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=darkelarious.blicky.net MasterServerPort=27900 <-- these two masters are on the same address. See remarks at wiki, at the bottom
These are settings for SERVERS only, they don't affect your browser list.
[UBrowserAll]
ListFactories[1]=UBrowser.UBrowserGSpyFact,MasterServerAddress=unreal.epicgames.com MasterServerPort=27900,Region=0,GameName=ut <-- wrong, use port 28900
ListFactories[2]=UBrowser.UBrowserGSpyFact,MasterServerAddress=master.mplayer.com MasterServerPort=27900,Region=0,GameName=ut <-- wrong, use port 28900
ListFactories[3]=UBrowser.UBrowserGSpyFact,MasterServerAddress=master.telefragged.com MasterServerPort=27500,Region=0,GameName=ut <-- not a master, only supports UPlinks to GameRanger
ListFactories[4]=UBrowser.UBrowserGSpyFact,MasterServerAddress=master.333networks.com MasterServerPort=27900,Region=0,GameName=ut <-- wrong, use port 28900
ListFactories[5]=UBrowser.UBrowserGSpyFact,MasterServerAddress=darkelarious.blicky.net MasterServerPort=27900,Region=0,GameName=ut <-- these two masters are on the same address. See remarks at wiki, at the bottom
bFallbackFactories=True <-- Recommended to be set to False, see comments above
XBrowser.ini
bKeepMasterServer=True
bFallbackFactories=False <-- Recommended to be set to False, see comments above
MasterServer[1]=XBrowser.XBrowserFactInternet,MasterServerAddress=unreal.epicgames.com MasterServerPort=27900,Region=0,GameName=ut <-- wrong, use port 28900
MasterServer[2]=XBrowser.XBrowserFactInternet,MasterServerAddress=master.mplayer.com MasterServerPort=27900,Region=0,GameName=ut <-- wrong, use port 28900
MasterServer[3]=XBrowser.XBrowserFactInternet,MasterServerAddress=master.telefragged.com MasterServerPort=27500,Region=0,GameName=ut <-- not a master, only supports UPlinks to GameRanger
MasterServer[4]=XBrowser.XBrowserFactInternet,MasterServerAddress=master.333networks.com MasterServerPort=27900,Region=0,GameName=ut <-- wrong, use port 28900
MasterServer[5]=XBrowser.XBrowserFactInternet,MasterServerAddress=darkelarious.blicky.net MasterServerPort=27900,Region=0,GameName=ut <-- these two masters are on the same address. See remarks at wiki, at the bottom
General remarks: uplinks (servers) go to port 27900. Queries (server list in client) go to port 28900.
The [Engine.GameEngine] sections (particularly the lines with "ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress") are meant for servers only. If you host an UT server, it's important to have these lines, but they're not related to UT clients/players.

I hope that clarifies all.
Darkelarious
Skilled

Post by Darkelarious »

Forum|User wrote:thankyou.gif
You're welcome, Sir.

Some additional statistics: the 333networks masterserver queries the Epic Games masterserver on a regular basis (sync protocol, see wiki) and happened to register in the log how many servers it found every time. When processing the log, I managed to visualize this data:
--Darkelarious
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

Disorder wrote:Hey guys,

We (Unreal Mayhem) known for our many good quality servers :) realized that about 50% of all the servers are not showing up anymore.
There were approximately around 500 servers running in total and only about 200 servers show up since last week.
So i guess there is something from with the master servers?
Does any of you guys noticed this problem? If so, is there a specific reason for this?

-=]UM[=-Disorder

-=]UM[=-Sniper-Classic-TDM/DM-LagFree/ACE
-=]UM[=-Monster Mayhem
-=]UM[=-MonsterHunt***NaliWeapon***
-=]UM[=-MONSTERHUNT-NALIWEAPONSIII
-=]UM[=-Funhouse (JB3 SP2)
-=]UM[=-Public|Bunnytrack(2) With !CP
-=]UM[=-Freestyle-Zark-Sniper
-=]UM[=-Instagib Lowgrav/Standard
-=]UM[=-ZP-INSTAGIB-CTF
Oh ahah, look who's here, do you remember me?...
Exactly :agree1: :wink:
"Your stuff is known to be buggy and unfinished/not properly tested"
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Darkelarious wrote: Some additional statistics: the 333networks masterserver queries the Epic Games masterserver on a regular basis (sync protocol, see wiki) and happened to register in the log how many servers it found every time. When processing the log, I managed to visualize this data:
Spoiler
Uhhhh ...what happened there?