A preview of CTF-(NotYet)HyperBlast

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

A preview of CTF-(NotYet)HyperBlast

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

Yeah well, a preview but probably even the only view, I don't know if I'll ever finish it.
Anyway, that's a vid showing it in beta phase (vid was made the day before of my birthday this year u.u).
3RY1ndI-9oI
The cool thing is that when the big hangar doors open at the space to let the ready spaceships to go outside, all the gravity changes.

Main things that should change:
- When the gravity goes away, the velocity should be directioned to the hangar-doors wall.
- The gravity should be set to 0 after some seconds from the "no-gravity warning".
- There should be spaceship who goes outside and others who are like HyperBlast and where the fixer-machine's arms are moving to "complete" the spaceship.
Carbon
Inhuman
Personal rank: Hoarder.

Re: A preview of CTF-(NotYet)HyperBlast

Post by Carbon »

Ok then. Good luck.
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

You can use the property changer actor to do that for the zone(s) you want to change.
Each property you change needs one

Then you need another in according to when you want things to change back, all very possible and not very hard to do at all.
Binary Space Partitioning
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

The absence of air does not effect gravity in any way - but wait, it's Unreal.
"If Origin not in center it be not in center." --Buggie
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

Barbie wrote:The absence of air does not effect gravity in any way - but wait, it's Unreal.
There's no audio propagation into the space :D
Red_Fist wrote:You can use the property changer actor to do that for the zone(s) you want to change.
Each property you change needs one

Then you need another in according to when you want things to change back, all very possible and not very hard to do at all.
I couldn't found any PropertyChanger to download except this one here:
https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21A ... ion=locate
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

That is my file space link, you will have to tinker with each property with a test map. It might be trouble with those 3 entry properties, didn't think of that. like X Y Z velocity.

But it will change the zone gravity like no prob. or change back and forth from a water zone, and other things, but it will give you a heads up for any work around or idea.
Binary Space Partitioning